shape
carat
color
clarity

i cant find diamonds with strong blue fluor???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trishy

Shiny_Rock
why is this so hard?
hubby is buying me a new diamond for my e-ring
4.gif
. and i want strong blue fluoresence in a near colorless to colorless diamond.
its as important as all the other 4 c''s. actually its a priority. but im really struggling to find any... easily at least.
im sticking with a 1 - 1.5 carat square shape. princess,
20.gif
or possibly radiant, maybe a square hearts and arrows.
maybe even one of the more squarish shaped cushions.

BUT.... my 1st priority is strong blue fluor, it could be perfect in all the other 4 c''s, but if it doesnt have strong blue fluor, i am not interested in it. i must say, i have really struggled with my search. as the tendency for most i see to have none to faint.

is there a secret place i must go to find this trait? where do i go? help me find my "blue-white" dream diamond with that, oh so special, lavender hue it can have in the sun. its my very own cryptonite.
32.gif
it makes my knees weak!!! i gotta have it!!
23.gif
MUST..... HAVE..... IT.......

please if there is anyone that can direct me to a diamond place with a search feature for strong blue fluor, so i dont have to see a zillion im not interested in cuz they are with none to faint. where do i go? what do i do?
help me find my precious
4.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What''s your budget?

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
I believe Wink also favors them and has more than a couple, but not sure if your price range. I would definitely email him for that.
BB

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/27/2008 4:15:33 AM
Author: ButterBean
I believe Wink also favors them and has more than a couple, but not sure if your price range. I would definitely email him for that.
BB
Definitely try Wink.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Sarah from GOG found me my pretty with fluro when I requested it :)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The first thing I would suggest doing is deciding exactly which shape you want. That will make the search easier, either for you, or for a vendor who assists you.
2.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I had a .90 carat RB with "very strong blue fluorescence" but the color was J. I found it by going to a local B&M and asking for one. The store had it in their possession within a few days.

Are you sure you want a colorless diamond with strong blue fluor? I have seen a D and E with strong blue and they did look rather cloudy/milky. I know that isn''t the case with all colorless diamonds, but I have heard many warnings on PS about this as well.

Good luck in your search. My diamond lit up like a bright blue flashlight whenever I went to a nightclub with blacklights. It was definitely a conversation starter.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Curious as to why you''re only interested in these types of stones? You understand that even with strong blue fluoro, you won''t see it most of the time.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/27/2008 10:45:17 AM
Author: Iowa Lizzy
I had a .90 carat RB with ''very strong blue fluorescence'' but the color was J. I found it by going to a local B&M and asking for one. The store had it in their possession within a few days.

Are you sure you want a colorless diamond with strong blue fluor? I have seen a D and E with strong blue and they did look rather cloudy/milky. I know that isn''t the case with all colorless diamonds, but I have heard many warnings on PS about this as well.

Good luck in your search. My diamond lit up like a bright blue flashlight whenever I went to a nightclub with blacklights. It was definitely a conversation starter.
According to a GIA study done not too long ago and often referenced here, less than 1% of Strong and Very Strong Blue fluorescent diamonds are what we refer to as an overblue/ (One that appears cloudy, milky or roily due to the fluorecence.)

Wink

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/27/2008 11:01:58 AM
Author: Wink

According to a GIA study done not too long ago and often referenced here, less than 1% of Strong and Very Strong Blue fluorescent diamonds are what we refer to as an overblue/ (One that appears cloudy, milky or roily due to the fluorecence.)

Wink
Actually Wink, they screened over 1000 stones and could not find appropriate examples of "overblue" or yellow fluorescents. So while you're right, the study implies that it's even less than your descriptor.

The esteemed Neil Beaty summarized it well when queried, I thought: "Rarely, bordering on an obscure anomaly. Far more people worry about this than actually encounter it."

Here it a link to the study Wink referenced (a great read): http://lgdl.gia.edu/pdfs/W97_fluoresce.pdf

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Look at Infinity diamonds - Paul cuts a lot of diamonds with fluorescence, and Wink carries a bunch of them.

ETA: What about =402&src=loupe:2o8h065d]Stone ID 4705, an F/SI1 with VSBF? It's a little bigger than you wanted to go, but since Infinities are cut a little deep, it won't face up quite as large as a different princess. Usually that's not an argument used as a selling point, but whatever works!
3.gif

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/27/2008 12:44:31 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Look at Infinity diamonds - Paul cuts a lot of diamonds with fluorescence, and Wink carries a bunch of them.

ETA: What about =402&src=loupe:2o8h065d]Stone ID 4705, an F/SI1 with VSBF? It''s a little bigger than you wanted to go, but since Infinities are cut a little deep, it won''t face up quite as large as a different princess. Usually that''s not an argument used as a selling point, but whatever works!
3.gif

I did a PS search of in-house princess cuts, 1.50 D-J, IF-SI2. The mm spread of the first five averages 6.35mm. The Infinity JStarfireb linked to is 6.23 (thank you for the recommendation by the way). I would say that her comment about spread is correct in a general sense, but we actually do make this a positive argument, based on notable improvement in visual appearance. To maximize the performance qualities in a princess we find this recipe is best. The angles result in greater contrast and the crown height allows for much improved dispersion. People see no visual trade-off in spread, since by doing this we create light return from edge to edge in the stone, easily seen by comparing ASET images. It is completely different than commercial princess cuts which often lose performance at the edges. In fact, people often comment that these stones appear larger than commercial cuts which actually have more carat weight.

Princess development is far behind rounds. It may help to make this comparison: No one on this forum would recommend a 1ct round that spread 6.8mm. Why? Because they know the angles would not be conducive to best performance. Although princess cuts are not as strictly connected in depth-to-spread, the same principle applies here. I would rather produce a princess with optimum performance qualities than maximize the spread and see it go lifeless.

Live long,

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
No problem, Paul (and of course I mean no disrespect in regard to the spread issue, just noting an observation). I''d love to own one of your beautifully cut diamonds one day!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock

I had a .90 carat RB with ''very strong blue fluorescence'' but the color was J. I found it by going to a local B&M and asking for one. The store had it in their possession within a few days.

Wink

Thanks for setting me straight on that Wink. The two cloudy diamonds I saw were shown to me by a vendor trying to talk me out of buying a diamond with fluor. Nice to know the majority aren''t like that!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/27/2008 6:15:54 PM

I had a .90 carat RB with 'very strong blue fluorescence' but the color was J. I found it by going to a local B&M and asking for one. The store had it in their possession within a few days.

Are you sure you want a colorless diamond with strong blue fluor? I have seen a D and E with strong blue and they did look rather cloudy/milky. I know that isn't the case with all colorless diamonds, but I have heard many warnings on PS about this as well.

Wink

Thanks for setting me straight on that Wink. The two cloudy diamonds I saw were shown to me by a vendor trying to talk me out of buying a diamond with fluor. Nice to know the majority aren't like that!

You are most welcome. Sometimes I feel like Don Quixote, my mission is impossible, but I keep trying. (Can you feel it? To Dream the Impossible Dream, (the music swells, the crowd is rapt) Sigh.)

Someday all will know that beauty is detected with the eyes and with personal tastes, not with pieces of paper. Soon we will be able accurately to demonstrate these things with you where ever you are and me sitting in my office in Boise. We are getting closer even just these past few months, but we are not there yet.

It is going to be ever easier for you to see these things for yourselves in the not so distant future.

Wink

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Seriously, talk to Wink & Paul. Paul often cuts (and Wink sells) diamonds with lots of fluorescence. They''re gorgeous.

trishy

Shiny_Rock

trishy

Shiny_Rock
oh thank you thank you thank you...
i am loving all the responses. once tax return time comes, i''m gonna have more money and a better idea of my budget, and then i will be lookin at/contacting infinity and wink FOR SURE!!

i''m getting more excited the closer i get to the 1st of january. thats our first anniversary AND when i can look for our W-2''s.
i''m sure thats probably tacky as hell to say
20.gif
, but its the truth. YEAH TAX RETURN!!!!
22.gif
22.gif
22.gif

lol
3.gif

trishy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/28/2008 12:41:12 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
I adore fluor and do hope you find one soon. There is one for sale at the moment but I suspect it''s too big for you. As you''ll see the seller is marketing it as ''purple'' but in all honesty if you look at the video I''m struggling to see that. It also looks slightly hazy.

http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/jewelry/halo-diamond-ring-305-antique-looking-cushion--is-it-purple-platinum
ohh..i love the color of this. but it is definately out of my budget and size just yet.. but someday i''m gonna get a biggun
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results