shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas morning or Christmas Eve proposal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

badkirk

Rough_Rock
Okay, I got the ring bought and we are going home for the holidays (her family this year). I am waiting to ask permission from her father when we get home on Dec 23rd. I figured I would rather do it in person rather than over the phone. So with that being said I need an opinion on if I should propose christmas eve or christmas morning. I''m really excited to give it to her and waiting that long is going to be difficult for me cause I can''t keep any secrets. But I''m sure something as important as this I can restrain myself. Also, any ideas on how i should do the actual proposal would be greatly appreciated.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
IMHO - Christmas Eve.

Usually the 24th is a bit quieter than the 25th. At least it is in my famly. That way you would have some time alone. You could announce your engagement
on the 24th or 25th. In my book, Chrstmas Eve is a special evening and if t was me, I''d want that evening to be when I got engaged. You could share your news with the family the next day.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Hard to answer.

DH and I are both people that like a quiet holiday - which means that if he would have proposed at Xmas time, I think it would have been Xmas eve. That''s when my family has a small meal, kicks back, drinks wine, listens to music, opens presents, and then heads to church. It''s a very beautiful, almost magical evening.

But if your family tradition is the reversed - that the "magic" of Christmas is the day instead of eve, then perhaps a proposal should be then.

badkirk

Rough_Rock
I guess is should explain on thing further. The main reason for a Christmas engagement is that she and I moved 750 miles away from her family (they all live within 2 blocks of eachother) only 11 months after we started dating. Well we''ve been together 3 years now and I think she''ll really appreciate the fact (and i know her grandmother will) of me proposing in front of the entire family.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''d do Christmas eve!! (If you do presents on Christmas day) because then you can enjoy the whole day as already being engaged from the night before. (also, she probably wouldn''t expect anything like that on Christmas eve vs. Christmas day)

Congratulations to you!

tabu

Shiny_Rock
I would go for Christmas Eve too!!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I would personally prefer X-mas eve
21.gif

LauraBabe08

Shiny_Rock
XMAS EVE. I might be biased though b/c I was proposed to last xmas eve. :)

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would prefer xmas eve as well, b/c it is quieter and such a great and special night with all the anticipation of the coming holiday - getting the ring and then seeing family etc. all in one sitting on xmas day might be a bit overwhelming.

Plus, it''s one less day of waiting for you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results