shape
carat
color
clarity

Second thoughts?---

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soconfused

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend and I have chosen (purchased) a diamond from WF .804 ACA stone in a plat legato setting- tentatively with diamonds on the basket, but the more we (I) think about it, the more I think a higher percentage of the dollars should be going to a bigger stone vs spending $1500 on a setting. Does anyone have any thoughts about this? Originally, when we spoke w/ Brian at WF, the idea was to get the biggest stone possible and get a simple tiffany setting (per his great idea), but the biggest stone they had in stock at that time that was in our budget was the .804. [The rest were diamonds > 1 carat ANd over our budget] So, we had some $ left over to spend and we started looking at the legato. The process has taken a little bit of time, thus allowing me to have more think time... has anyone ever been in this dilemma? What do I do? Go on and move forward w/ the setting and .804 diamond or try to find a bigger diamond staying within the budget? Am I rambling...?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2008 12:26:52 AM
Author:soconfused
My boyfriend and I have chosen (purchased) a diamond from WF .804 ACA stone in a plat legato setting- tentatively with diamonds on the basket, but the more we (I) think about it, the more I think a higher percentage of the dollars should be going to a bigger stone vs spending $1500 on a setting. Does anyone have any thoughts about this? Originally, when we spoke w/ Brian at WF, the idea was to get the biggest stone possible and get a simple tiffany setting (per his great idea), but the biggest stone they had in stock at that time that was in our budget was the .804. [The rest were diamonds > 1 carat ANd over our budget] So, we had some $ left over to spend and we started looking at the legato. The process has taken a little bit of time, thus allowing me to have more think time... has anyone ever been in this dilemma? What do I do? Go on and move forward w/ the setting and .804 diamond or try to find a bigger diamond staying within the budget? Am I rambling...?
If you want a bigger diamond ( which is fine!) contact WF as soon as possible and ask them what they have available. They might have had new inventory in, or they might be able to suggest something from the Expert Selection line, unless you really want an ACA.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree. These guys shrink before your very eyes, get the biggest you can. If WF doesn''t have anything now, they are continually getting new stones, or, they can call around to possibly find you one!

beach

Brilliant_Rock
WF is great to work with so just call them up and voice your concerns. Don''t settle :)

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
ditto
Date: 12/10/2008 8:29:59 AM
Author: beach
WF is great to work with so just call them up and voice your concerns. Don''t settle :)

soconfused

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of the replies. I emailed Jamie at Whiteflash, and she did say they were exepcting a shipment next week. I asked her what the process was in the event that there was a bigger stone for our dollars. I am awaiting her reply. Will post an update. Thanks again!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I have not purchased from WhiteFlash so I am not 100% sure on their policies. You mentioned that you have already purchased the diamond. Are you still within their 10 day return policy which will allow you to return and pick another diamond? I know they also have a trade-up policy in which 100% of your purchase goes to the next diamond. You should check with their requirements to make sure that the new diamond falls within their trade-up policy.

The vendor I purchased from requires that the new diamond be 30% more in cost than the one I am trading in. My boyfriend put a diamond on hold for 3 months with a deposit and when we went in we were able to switch it for another diamond that cost more. However, it wasn''t really an option for us to take nothing and have him keep looking for us.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2008 11:41:02 AM
Author: soconfused
Thanks for all of the replies. I emailed Jamie at Whiteflash, and she did say they were exepcting a shipment next week. I asked her what the process was in the event that there was a bigger stone for our dollars. I am awaiting her reply. Will post an update. Thanks again!
Let us know how you get on!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results