shape
carat
color
clarity

looking for a green stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

2babycarrots

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,
I am looking for a green stone. I saw a green amethyst the other day and fell in love. Truthfully, it would be hard to turn any stone down.

Any ideas where I can find a gorgeous stone? I love green but can be easily swayed!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There many shades of green for all budgets:

Peridot
Tourmaline (and chrome tourmaline)
Green sapphire
Green grossular garnet (mint, regular or tsavorite)
Demantoid
Sphene

And the list goes on but the above are the more "common" ones.

2babycarrots

Shiny_Rock
Any idea where I can find a beautiful, good quality stone??

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What kind of green are you looking for?

mint green
deep grass green
olive green
blue green

It sounds like you want a mint green because of the green amethyst you saw. Prices are also all over the place for green stones, so what is your price range? Do you also care about treated stones. Green amethyst does not occur in nature. It is irradiated to get that color.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
If you''re looking for a bright, medium green, I just had a tourmaline cut by Barry Bridgestock set (it''s in the SMTR thread) and while the pictures are not that great, the stone is absolutely gorgeous. Incredible color and cut - I would definitely ask Barry if he has others in stock right now.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I got a green stone from the same place, ACStones. It is in my avitor, and I love it.

What shade of green do you like? Most stones have a primary color (in your case green) and a secondary color. Some green stones have yellow as a secondary color, and the end result will be a lighter yellow green. Some have a little blue, which make the stone look like a bright green.

Also, you you care about the size? Some types of stones are easier to find in larger sizes than others.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results