shape
carat
color
clarity

Question on band width

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rumspringa

Rough_Rock
Hello,
Ive been a lurker for quite sometime while I have been doing my homework on buying an engagement ring. I think I''ve got the right diamond (1 ct ideal princess from JA). My quesiton now is concerning the width of the band. I found two that I like on JA''s site, a 4 Prong 2.2mm Pave-Set and a Common Prong Diamond Engagement Ring (Featuring a single row of round brilliant cut diamonds set in common prongs).

My girlfriend is a tiny little thing with tiny hands to match. I like the pave setting but im afraid that it might be a little too wide for hands. On the other hand the other one may look a bit too skinny. Any thoughts?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think 2.2 is too skinny at all and will likely be gorgeous. My fingers are 5.5 and I have a 2mmish setting and love it.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
You won''t find many settings less that 2mm that are strong enough to hold a center stone. And don''t forget when you have pave on the band the stones are displacing metal. You have to have enough metal for strength. Lots of ladies on PS have tiny and slim size 4 fingers and the 2mm bands look perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results