shape
carat
color
clarity

Feedback needed on proposal idea!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smooth

Rough_Rock
OK, PS has helped me get a beatiful ring that I know she''ll love (I''ll post pics later), but now I need to give it to her!
1.gif

I''ve come up with an idea that I think is memorable but not over-the-top, and I wanted to get some opinions on it.

Here''s my idea. I work at the corporate office of a restaurant company. One of our restaurants is a very nice place that has beautiful views of the city and the river. We have several banquet rooms there that can be rented out, including some smaller ones that can only hold about 12 people.
The banquet manager is a friend of mine and she just got engaged herself so I am hoping to get her in on it.

I was thinking that some random day when one of the small banquet rooms is not being used, I could have the banquet manager set it up all romantic-like, with just a table for two, lots of candles, flowers, maybe rose petals around the table, etc. I could then make some excuse to go to the restaurant that night with my girlfriend (maybe there is a new dish I want to try or something). The hostesses/managers would also have to be in on it so that when I came in and gave my name, they would take us back to the banquet area. That would probably get her nice and confused. Once she saw the room she would probably know what was up, so I''d just go to one knee and do my spiel. Then we could have a quiet, romantic dinner with the view and all while she (hopefully) drools all over the ring.

So whaddya think? Good idea, if I can make it happen? Or should I keep thinking?
twirl.gif

Arlington

Shiny_Rock
I think that's a great idea. Like you said, it's creative but not over-the-top. I've read a lot of ideas from a lot of different people on here and some of the schemes people come up with, while no doubt good for them and their intended, seem kind of cheezy and melodramatic to me. I think if that suits you and your girlfriend's sense of propriety and romance...then go for it.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Tyson.....a gentle reminder: It looks like you're new here (today), so you may not be aware of the rules for these forums.

It's against forum policies to contribute posts of a promotional nature such as yours is.

Smooth

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 11/12/2003 4:14:37 PM aljdewey wrote:

Tyson.....a gentle reminder: It looks like you're new here (today), so you may not be aware of the rules for these forums.

It's against forum policies to contribute posts of a promotional nature such as yours is.
----------------

Al, did you mean to post this here? Lemme guess, you had several windows open at once?
2.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Smooth,

I think this is a very classy romantic idea...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results