shape
carat
color
clarity

10-13.25mm AAAA Tahitian pearls

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This strand is from The Pearl Source and I had a good experience with them. I was very worried because their sample photo isn't the exact strand you receive so I had several conversations with Leon about how I hoped it would turn out. He assured me that they do these all of the time and it would be fine, but I still worried :lol:

I had them take a couple of pearls off of the strand to make it a 16" choker length and I'll use the extra pearls for earrings.

I'm searching for the right necklace to wear for my wedding and had previously ordered a beautiful 9-11mm peacock AA+ strand from PP. I really like it in general, but had hoped it would have more color variation. Here's the thread with those pictures: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hopped-on-the-tahitian-pearl-train.239971/#post-4319119

Here are photos of the new necklace; all were taken indoors. To me, it's no contest. I freaking love this new necklace. I love the size, I love the colors, I love the luster, and I just love how it's so different from the usual pearl necklace :kiss2:. That being said, I'd love your thoughts on both what you think of it as well as if you prefer one over the other.

IMG_8098.JPG

IMG_8164.jpg

IMG_8156.JPG

IMG_8162.JPG

IMG_8158.JPG

IMG_8161.jpg

IMG_8145.jpg

IMG_8113.jpg

Honestly, I'm tempted to keep both! I got such a great deal on the first PP strand that it kind of kills me to give it up!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is spectacular! That would be a dream strand for me!

You might not want make the extra pearls into earrings though. You may find that there may be times when you may want to extend the length of your strand, as different necklines sometimes require different length strands. The handiest thing I have ever done is make a 2 inch extender with a clasp that fits most of my strands. That way you can go short when needed, and longer when needed (and I even use an 8 inch bracelet to make some of my strands really long, with the clasps being neatly hidden at the back). And if you do find that you need a longer strand later on down the line for whatever reason, you have an easy (and relatively inexpensive) way to do this. Loose pearls for lengthening can cost almost as much as half your strand, so if you have them already, this will save you $$$ down the road. It's honestly much less expensive to buy earrings to match your strand than to buy loose pearls to lengthen a strand.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think you should keep both. The PP strand looked gorgeous with your wedding dress. Plus, there is something to be said for having both a uniform strand and a multi.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is spectacular! That would be a dream strand for me!

You might not want make the extra pearls into earrings though. You may find that there may be times when you may want to extend the length of your strand, as different necklines sometimes require different length strands. The handiest thing I have ever done is make a 2 inch extender with a clasp that fits most of my strands. That way you can go short when needed, and longer when needed (and I even use an 8 inch bracelet to make some of my strands really long, with the clasps being neatly hidden at the back). And if you do find that you need a longer strand later on down the line for whatever reason, you have an easy (and relatively inexpensive) way to do this. Loose pearls for lengthening can cost almost as much as half your strand, so if you have them already, this will save you $$$ down the road. It's honestly much less expensive to buy earrings to match your strand than to buy loose pearls to lengthen a strand.
Thanks Cmd! It's a dream strand for me too. I'm really, really pleased with how it came out. I can't see myself spending this kind of money on pearls other than for my wedding or some seriously special occasion so I really needed to love it (which thankfully I do)! I'll probably pull out my wedding dress at some point to see how it looks with it and my other accessories, but I think it's safe to say I'll definitely be keeping this one :dance:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are two very different looks so I'd keep both.

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t blame you- this one is spectacular. I super love multi color Tahitians- they are my favorite. Both strands are different though, so you could definitely justify keeping both :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a lovely strand of multicoloured Tahitians, thanks for sharing.

DK :))

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous strand. Bigger is always better in my book, at least when it comes to pearls and diamonds. I would keep this one.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This strand is from The Pearl Source and I had a good experience with them. I was very worried because their sample photo isn't the exact strand you receive so I had several conversations with Leon about how I hoped it would turn out. He assured me that they do these all of the time and it would be fine, but I still worried :lol:

I had them take a couple of pearls off of the strand to make it a 16" choker length and I'll use the extra pearls for earrings.

I'm searching for the right necklace to wear for my wedding and had previously ordered a beautiful 9-11mm peacock AA+ strand from PP. I really like it in general, but had hoped it would have more color variation. Here's the thread with those pictures: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/hopped-on-the-tahitian-pearl-train.239971/#post-4319119

Here are photos of the new necklace; all were taken indoors. To me, it's no contest. I freaking love this new necklace. I love the size, I love the colors, I love the luster, and I just love how it's so different from the usual pearl necklace :kiss2:. That being said, I'd love your thoughts on both what you think of it as well as if you prefer one over the other.

IMG_8098.JPG

IMG_8164.jpg

IMG_8156.JPG

IMG_8162.JPG

IMG_8158.JPG

IMG_8161.jpg

IMG_8145.jpg

IMG_8113.jpg

Honestly, I'm tempted to keep both! I got such a great deal on the first PP strand that it kind of kills me to give it up!
So gorgeous! After your wedding, you will find yourself reaching for these pearls again and again!
Tahitians go with everything.

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

IMG_8098.JPG

IMG_8164.jpg

IMG_8156.JPG

IMG_8162.JPG

IMG_8158.JPG

IMG_8161.jpg

IMG_8145.jpg

IMG_8113.jpg

I love this strand! It’s the perfect size, the variation in colors adds just the perfect edge for dressing up or down! Just Lovely!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are two very different looks so I'd keep both.

Thanks PB. I definitely like the idea of having them both; I'm just trying to decide if this is the right time, given all of the upcoming expenses of the wedding/honeymoon/new house. My mind says things like, "You know, this could pay for the bathroom sinks..." :lol:

I don’t blame you- this one is spectacular. I super love multi color Tahitians- they are my favorite. Both strands are different though, so you could definitely justify keeping both :)

Thank you! I appreciate your vote of approval =)2

That's a lovely strand of multicoloured Tahitians, thanks for sharing.

DK :))

Thanks DK!

Gorgeous strand. Bigger is always better in my book, at least when it comes to pearls and diamonds. I would keep this one.

Hahaha.... Good point! I like how you think ;)2

So gorgeous! After your wedding, you will find yourself reaching for these pearls again and again!
Tahitians go with everything.

Seriously, you hit the nail in the coffin of keeping them. I'd want to wear something like this again and again so hearing you say that tells me it's a pretty good bet that will happen!

I love this strand! It’s the perfect size, the variation in colors adds just the perfect edge for dressing up or down! Just Lovely!

Thanks Ruby! I'm already realizing I'm going to have a hard time waiting until the wedding before breaking these bad boys out :mrgreen2:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Holy crow, I just checked the cost of loose pearls at TPS. For what he sent me as the “leftovers” from shortening my strand (two 10mm AAAA peacock pearls), it would have cost me close to $600 to buy them outright :eek2:.

So I’m grateful he did that for me, but I’m definitely liking your idea of a bracelet extender. An entire bracelet of 9-10mm AAAA’s is a little over double the cost of two lonely pearls :lol:

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
ILikeShiny, your new multi-colored pearls a lovely. Great color variation! =)2

For my own education, how does the luster compare between the two strands?

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I very much like the colors and the size of of this strand, far more than the PP one. My vote is to keep this one and send the other one back.

I also agree with the suggestion to make an extender with the extra pearls, using a clasp that matches or fits the one that came with this strand, and buy earrings separately.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ILikeShiny, your new multi-colored pearls a lovely. Great color variation! =)2

For my own education, how does the luster compare between the two strands?

To my eyes, they look equal. And both descriptions say they have the "highest luster". The quality of the pearls (in terms of blemishes) is definitely different, but that's to be expected as the PP one is rated AA+. Here are a few photos for you to see for yourself =)2

IMG_8182.JPG

IMG_8181.JPG

IMG_8185.JPG

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you ILikeShiny! =)2 I was very curious to see how the pearls compare especially since I've not done business with The Pearl Source. The Pearl Source has a strand I would like to own.

Both strands are lovely! It is always hard for me to choose between strands. :oops:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you ILikeShiny! =)2 I was very curious to see how the pearls compare especially since I've not done business with The Pearl Source. The Pearl Source has a strand I would like to own.

Both strands are lovely! It is always hard for me to choose between strands. :oops:
Sure thing. Glad I could help.

Is the actual strand shown, or do they build it to order? Care to share what you’re considering??

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning strand of multicolored Tahitians.
This would be the keeper for me no doubt! :love:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy crow, I just checked the cost of loose pearls at TPS. For what he sent me as the “leftovers” from shortening my strand (two 10mm AAAA peacock pearls), it would have cost me close to $600 to buy them outright :eek2:.

So I’m grateful he did that for me, but I’m definitely liking your idea of a bracelet extender. An entire bracelet of 9-10mm AAAA’s is a little over double the cost of two lonely pearls :lol:

Yeah, I learned this the hard way. Loose pearls are priced *very* differently than strand pearls or bracelets. I've paid $800 - $1000 to lengthen a strand by 2 inches (depending on the size and type of pearls), while being able to buy a similarly sized bracelet for $280 on sale. But matching is an issue, so if you have matched pearls from a strand, you should keep them to make an extender. Plus, our necks tend to expand as we age (or at least mine has), so sometimes the necklace needs to as well. For $50 or less (clasps are generally relatively inexpensive) and the cost of stringing, you could have an extender, and if you ever want to lengthen, you're just paying stringing fees (which run around $35 - $50 depending on where you go).

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and knowing the deal you got on the other strand, I think you should keep both. They are quite different looks, and you'd probably regret sending the other one back. Sinks, shminks. They'll get paid for one way or the other, you'll see.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and knowing the deal you got on the other strand, I think you should keep both. They are quite different looks, and you'd probably regret sending the other one back. Sinks, shminks. They'll get paid for one way or the other, you'll see.

:lol:

I’m now toying with sending back the original necklace and getting a 9-10mm matching multi bracelet that could be used as an extender. It would save some money and make the necklace more useable (dressy and more casual)

There are just too many options. This is dangerous :roll2:

My best friend is coming over tomorrow to see the whole wedding dress ensemble. I’ll try to take a photo of the necklace with the dress; I’m hoping it looks amazing!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I put the whole outfit together today and I love it! It finally felt perfect :kiss2:

Here's a shot of the pearls with my dress and scarf I had made for the big day =)2

IMG_8211.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks stunning together. I love how a number of the pearls are reflecting the different colours in your scarf.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks stunning together. I love how a number of the pearls are reflecting the different colours in your scarf.
Thank you!!! I think that's why I really wanted a multicolored strand. I love color variety :kiss2: And I really love how the scarf picks them up. My girlfriend was in awe when she saw it all together. She'd gone with me to all of my dress fittings so had seen the other scarf I'd considered using as well as the other pearls. She said hands down this was the best combination and that there wasn't one thing she'd change :appl:

ETA: Here's a shot of of the scarf/dress from behind. The maker of my scarf took note of my color scheme and the flowers that the florist said they'd be using for my bouquet and then blended it all together with a lavender background. I adore how it came out and know I'll treasure it for the rest of my life.
IMG_8216.JPG

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, just gorgeous! The scarf is amazing!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Just wow.

I think the other strand would have picked up the blue in the scarf (which I love btw...it's just gorgeous) and they would have looked beautiful and classic, if that was the only direction that you had gone. But the multi's are stunning, both on their own and with your outfit. Honestly, I'm jealous. It's making me want to take your pictures and call TPS. Maybe some day....

I did a similar thing when I got married. Only my dressmaker made me a shawl out of the same fabric of my dress, and beaded the bottom edge of my shawl in the same bead work that was around the top of the bodice of my dress. The best thing they did was put some tiny little thread loops on the top of my dress and the tiniest little hooks on my shawl so that I could attach it in place and keep my hands free. It was invisible both on and off, but meant that I didn't have to fuss with it during the day.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, just gorgeous! The scarf is amazing!

Thank you very much =)2

Wow. Just wow.

I think the other strand would have picked up the blue in the scarf (which I love btw...it's just gorgeous) and they would have looked beautiful and classic, if that was the only direction that you had gone. But the multi's are stunning, both on their own and with your outfit. Honestly, I'm jealous. It's making me want to take your pictures and call TPS. Maybe some day....

I did a similar thing when I got married. Only my dressmaker made me a shawl out of the same fabric of my dress, and beaded the bottom edge of my shawl in the same bead work that was around the top of the bodice of my dress. The best thing they did was put some tiny little thread loops on the top of my dress and the tiniest little hooks on my shawl so that I could attach it in place and keep my hands free. It was invisible both on and off, but meant that I didn't have to fuss with it during the day.

Thanks CMD :kiss2:. And I look forward to seeing the photos of YOUR strand one day!

I like your idea about the hooks. My only worry is if they'll snag the scarf since the material is so thin and delicate. I'm also planning to wear it different ways throughout the day... maybe start with it on my shoulders, then hold in my elbows, then maybe wrap around my neck... I don't know exactly, but I picture it being very fluid and moveable. I can already envision the fun our photographer is going to have with it :dance:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results