shape
carat
color
clarity

$10,000 L-Yellow 0.99ct Rose Double Cut Solitaire Ring?! Non Graded? Is it Worth it?

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
By Lauren Wolf Jewellery;

"One of a kind. 18k yellow gold ring with a .99ct light yellow double rose cut diamond. Setting measures 8mm at tallest point. Band width is 1.5mm."

Sold via - www.shopesqueleto.com

I'm not disputing it's a very Pretty, Unique Ring but to me the Price Tag seems abit steep even for a "Designer" Piece there is also no Grading Info Listed - Whether it's In House Graded or Lab Graded who knows? lol...I'd like to think for $10,000 it's Lab Graded by the GIA or AGS :lol-2:

I mean no Disrespect to the lovely Designer Lauren Wolf & I'm sure to someone it's worth every Cent of the $10,000 Pricetag but to me it seems abit high.

I've scanned the Internet for other Rose Cut Diamond Solitaires & prices vary hugely, Maybe its the Popularity or Trend Factor that pushes the Price Tag up?

I included a little Estimate Chart from the Jeweller "Apres Jewellery" for Comparison which gives each price point on different Ct Weights based on a G-H VS2/SI1 GIA Graded.

Love to hear everyones thoughts on this Ring!

inCollage_20200109_204644731.jpg

Screenshot_20200109_211756.jpg

Last edited:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems pretty overpriced to me. Maaaaybe if the diamond is a fancy color, but with no grading report, it might just be a low (Q-Z) color in a yellow setting. If it's a diamond that should be no more than $1500, with a setting that should be no more than $1k, you might feel pretty silly for paying $10k.

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It seems pretty overpriced to me. Maaaaybe if the diamond is a fancy color, but with no grading report, it might just be a low (Q-Z) color in a yellow setting. If it's a diamond that should be no more than $1500, with a setting that should be no more than $1k, you might feel pretty silly for paying $10k.

Glad you said that lol
I don't think it comes with any formal Grading Info tbf it just lists Light Yellow Col & Clarity isn't listed either or Actual Stone Measurements... I think this Piece isn't aimed at "Informed" Diamond Buyers like us PSers but maybe one off Buyers??

I think only one is in stock so I'll Be interested to see if anyone Snaps it up anytime soon! :lol-2:

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... I had never heard of Lauren Wolf. Her settings are beautiful and quite my style but some of the prices on her website for what are effectively salt and pepper diamonds... I'm now wondering if in comparison to what's listed on her website, that 10K ring with a clear diamond is actually a bargain
Is she famous in the US?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it worth it? God no.
With that said if you feel like this is perfection to you and nothing else will do, then I guess it is , isn’t it.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I love her designs, too, but the prices are crazy. My ex was really rich and really into designer stuff, like he had to waste money. To him it wasn't 'good' unless it cost more. He used to buy me stuff from Twist all the time, I loved the pieces but the prices are just stupid. Like Cathy Waterman, I LOVE her stuff but come on! 8k + when the worth is like $750.

This one is $8,140 do you see that milky cloudy diamond? Eight THOUSAND!?

781e381aee46aa488f976b6f43cb2dac.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

now this center stone has an incision but you could probably offer less it’s been for sale forever, send it to David Klass have him make a soli from the center and a cool spray type wedding band with the baguettes.
and if you don’t like it has returns.
this is what I’d be comfortable paying for a rose cut (like 500) lo l

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

now this center stone has an incision but you could probably offer less it’s been for sale forever, send it to David Klass have him make a soli from the center and a cool spray type wedding band with the baguettes.
and if you don’t like it has returns.
this is what I’d be comfortable paying for a rose cut (like 500) lo l

Ope , somebody snatched it. Lol

AV_

Ideal_Rock
These go by the bucket via Instagram

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you said that lol
I don't think it comes with any formal Grading Info tbf it just lists Light Yellow Col & Clarity isn't listed either or Actual Stone Measurements... I think this Piece isn't aimed at "Informed" Diamond Buyers like us PSers but maybe one off Buyers??

I think only one is in stock so I'll Be interested to see if anyone Snaps it up anytime soon! :lol-2:

Haha... keep us updated... I think it's a pretty ring but I'd probably try to get a double rose cut custom-cut and I'd expect to pay less thant
I love her designs, too, but the prices are crazy. My ex was really rich and really into designer stuff, like he had to waste money. To him it wasn't 'good' unless it cost more. He used to buy me stuff from Twist all the time, I loved the pieces but the prices are just stupid. Like Cathy Waterman, I LOVE her stuff but come on! 8k + when the worth is like $750.

This one is $8,140 do you see that milky cloudy diamond? Eight THOUSAND!?

781e381aee46aa488f976b6f43cb2dac.jpg

The weird thing about Cathy Waterman to me is how much it looks worn down already... sloppy milgrain, sloppy prongs that don't match, some pave prongs always seem to be missing entirely, weird blobbiness... idk, man, I just always worry how they're going to hold up. And the tiny diamonds often look pretty bad quality in person compared to what I am wearing. I'd rather get a crisp and pristine version and wear it down myself, thanks.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring isn’t cheap but it’s priced to support overhead for two retail stores that serve as showcases for emerging designers. Lauren Wolf’s original shop is in my neighborhood and it’s a beautiful space full of unusual jewels and antique treasures.

Double rose cuts are hard to come by and expensive from what I’ve heard.

@distracts I agree about Cathy Waterman’s terrible quality. I collected her work before I knew better and her melee is dull. I strongly suspect that the fossilized coral in my pendant is held in place by glue, but I haven’t had the heart to confirm this with an appraiser or jeweler.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results