shape
carat
color
clarity

1 Year Anniversary Gifts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
My one year wedding anniversary is coming up at the end of this month and I am looking for suggestions on things to buy my husband. I know that paper is the traditional gift and clocks are the modern gift. I''d rather not go with the clock idea because I bought him a pricey watch for a wedding gift last year. Do you have any suggestions for good paper gifts? Any other suggestions are welcomed even if they are not paper. Thanks!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Are there any books that he loves? Technically, that''s paper.
1.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
DH''s 1 yr was airline tickets and exhibition tickets to a show he wanted to see.

So how about:

currency/airline tickets for a holiday
tickets for a concert he wants to see
vouchers to something he likes - sony store, F1 racing etc

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
classnsass, along with other things, my husband bought us an 'anniversary memory book' on the 1st anniversary. i love it because it has space to put a picture and fill out all the important things that happened over the year, and we do it together the evening of our anniversary. i think it's going to be a lovely keepsake and can't wait to look back on it in future years.

here's a link...http://www.amazon.com/Our-Wedding-Anniversary-Memory-Book/dp/1892953005

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
My husband bought me concert tickets and I bought my husband a painting (that was on canvas and not paper though.)

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Last year, for my 1st, the gift was studs - I get to wear them, DH looks at them.
2.gif

Kidding aside, I framed/matted our wedding vows (paper) and DH and I went on a mini-trip together.

I really like Steel's idea of something you can do together - surprise him with tickets to a concert, event, or even a getaway that he'd enjoy.

Btw, congratulations on your anniversary!!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I like this idea I just found:

Another creative and cute idea is to buy stocks for the anniversary. While this may seem expensive, www.frameastock.com is an innovative company that sells single shares of stock from various companies to commemorate different events. For the first wedding anniversary, they suggest buying a Southwest Airlines stock. Southwest Airlines, who''s symbol on the NYSE is "LUV", will remind couples to share their "LUV" together. The company sells other stocks as well that may be sentimental for the couple, like Disney, Home Depot, and various restaurants.

My anniversary is next month and this just might do the trick!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I like Steel''s idea of tickets. Are there any shows or concerts he wants to see? Or even a sports game he would love to go to? I bought DH tickets to a great hockey game he really wanted to go to one year and he LOVED the gift!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went on a holiday - with paper passport since airline tickets are no longer printed.
He got me a book. I think I got him a CD with paper cover notes.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
I know it''s been a few days since this thread started but I had a book made for us, one of those personalized stories in paperback. It was cute and cheesy but he loved it and we spent evenings in bed reading it to each other. It was a vampire story. We also planted a tree (where paper comes from).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results