shape
carat
color
clarity

1 month anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s our one month anniversary today, and DH sent me a big Edible Arrangements bouquet, so now I''m happily munching on chocolate covered strawberries, grapes, and mangoes!

Husbands can be so sweet!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s so sweet! My husband has been bringing home flowers for each month anniversary. He said he''s going to do it every month till we hit a year (and then, I hear, it all goes downhill...honeymoon period being over and all that jazz LOL. JUST KIDDING!)

He came home with beautiful peach roses on our one month and said ''honey, this is just to show you that nothing''s going to change now that we''re married''. I say ''damn right it is, when was the last time you brought me flowers?!!!'' Mind you, we''ve been living together for 4 years now!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/1/2009 1:41:04 PM
Author: kama_s
He came home with beautiful peach roses on our one month and said 'honey, this is just to show you that nothing's going to change now that we're married'. I say 'damn right it is, when was the last time you brought me flowers?!!!' Mind you, we've been living together for 4 years now!
Haha, me too! He hasn't bought me something like this in years! Although he did once send me flowers on our 1 year engagement anniversary, but he sent them a month late, he's somehow convinced our wedding is in Sept rather than August. He even got the wrong month engraved on his groomsmen gifts!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/1/2009 2:36:30 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Haha, me too! He hasn''t bought me something like this in years! Although he did once send me flowers on our 1 year engagement anniversary, but he sent them a month late, he''s somehow convinced our wedding is in Sept rather than August. He even got the wrong month engraved on his groomsmen gifts!
LOL! Men!

BTW, I could use some of that delish peking duck! Mmmmmmmmmmm!

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Well, we didn't really celebrate our 1 month anny as it came by wayyyyyy too quickly... and we were out of town attending another wedding! But we are going back to the restaurant where we got married to celebrate our 2 month anni. We kept joking around that we had 2 months to change our mind and annul the wedding, so 2 months was a milestone. Now that we have successfully gotten passed the 2 months, our marriage is permanent! No going back now!!!! hahah.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/1/2009 6:08:45 PM
Author: ilovethiswebsite
Well, we didn''t really celebrate our 1 month anny as it came by wayyyyyy too quickly... and we were out of town attending another wedding! But we are going back to the restaurant where we got married to celebrate our 2 month anni. We kept joking around that we had 2 months to change our mind and annul the wedding, so 2 months was a milestone. Now that we have successfully gotten passed the 2 months, our marriage is permanent! No going back now!!!! hahah.

Haha, that''s great!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s so sweet! My husband has been bringing home flowers for each month anniversary. He said he''s going to do it every month till we hit a year (and then, I hear, it all goes downhill...honeymoon period being over and all that jazz LOL. JUST KIDDING!)
Meh, our honeymoon period ended a good 2 years BEFORE the wedding
3.gif
9.gif
2.gif

Flowers every month, so sweet.

We''re coming up on our first marriage anniversary. We have big plans to... do nothing. I have to work. Boo.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Flowers and edible arrangements... you gals are pretty lucky!!

Our 1 mo was a week ago, and for my present DH let me cheer for him at his softball game and then moved some more things back into the apt after the flood. lol! Musey, your situation sounds a bit like mine!!
2.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Now I''m jealous! I didn''t get (or give) anything for our 1, 2, and 3 month anniversaries. Meh. We''ll see if anything happens at 1 year.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/1/2009 9:45:03 PM
Author: musey

Meh, our honeymoon period ended a good 2 years BEFORE the wedding
3.gif
9.gif
2.gif

Flowers every month, so sweet.

We''re coming up on our first marriage anniversary. We have big plans to... do nothing. I have to work. Boo.
Heh. Exactly the same here. My husband is of the camp that if a guy brings home flowers for no reason, he''s guilty of something.
20.gif
So when he brought me the flowers for our one month, my first response was ''what did you do?''

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I''m insanely jealous. We haven''t been keeping track of our wedding anniversary. We always said we would honor our dating anniversary, but I can''t help being envious. I can''t remember the last time I got flowers (I think it''s in the relm of a couple of YEARS) romance is not my husband''s strong suit. He bought me a GPS for my wedding present. Useful and all. But come on, a GPS??? Forget flowers every month for the first year. That would never happen.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
LOL - my husband and I didn''t even get each other a wedding present! That''s how unromantic we are. I guess we figured ourselves were gift enough.
3.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/7/2009 8:34:30 PM
Author: jstarfireb
LOL - my husband and I didn''t even get each other a wedding present! That''s how unromantic we are. I guess we figured ourselves were gift enough.
3.gif

Hehe, we didn''t either :)

My hubby in fact yelled at me for calling him the day of the wedding, because apparently, we aren''t supposed to talk to each other before the wedding. My bridesmaids and I had never heard of that before (we''ve heard of not seeing each other before the wedding), so we decided that was just him being grumpy that I woke him up at 10am. His exact words were "Your people are supposed to call my people! [click]"

He''s such a diva.
2.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/7/2009 8:34:30 PM
Author: jstarfireb
3.gif
lol... same here,

MTG- what a sweetie you got there!

SeeShell

Rough_Rock
No materially significant gifts here either...

We wrote each other tremendously mushy love notes to be read the morning of the wedding.

Ah, what a perfect gift!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/8/2009 6:32:06 PM
Author: D&T
MTG- what a sweetie you got there!

He really is!

Hehe, now I just have to train him to get me shinies instead of flowers
27.gif
27.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
your husbands sound very sweet.

on our 1 month anni which is coming up on Thurs, we will eat at the same restaurant we ate at the day of our marriage (the signing the official papers date, not the actual wedding date). also DH starting a new job the same day so he can tell me all about it.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
It was our one month aniiversary yesterday. Luckily he had a day off work so we had anice day trip together.

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Our one month anniversary was about a week and a half ago and we were out shopping when I tried on a pair of cute booties. DH said I should buy them and I asked, "Really? They aren''t too expensive?" He just threw his head back and laughed and said, "Oh! They are REALLY expensive alright! I just figured you were going to tell me that shoes are the traditional one month anniversary gift!"

I just smiled and said I could wait. He just picked up the box and told the SA to put it on his card. He said that it would be his "You have been a great wife for a whole month!" gift to me. And I LOVE my booties! I wore them to a dinner we had one night in Vienna and I wore them to a Happy Hour this weekend...yay!

Here''s a pic.

boots!.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results