shape
carat
color
clarity

1 Ct Solitaire buying in Florida

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gk172

Shiny_Rock
First time poser here can you please be gentle, i found these great forums on my search for a 1 ct ring, im from the uk and coming to florida for a fortnight and we hope to purchase a solitaire 1 ct yellow gold ring. Having read a bit with it being yellow gold we can go as low as the I or J colour wise and were not too sure about the Inclusion side of things what would we want and what would be noticable or over kill
33.gif
and also the biggie is where could/should i go as having never been to usa nevermind florida im hoping some kind people could possibly show me in the right direction please, i have seen a few online stores where you build your own ring which i love the option of but we cant do the online part so is there anywhere in florida that i can go choose everything and have the ring built? And what cost would it come in at? Also more importantly will i have time?

Ived picked up an online shop but i think its based in ny but there is a store in Florida Mall with the same name so im not sure if its the same company or offers the same service - Diamond Source
33.gif

Thanks in advance for any help and advice you can give me
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Where in FL will you be?

gk172

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the replies, so many beautifull options on that site i might have chosen one allready
3.gif
we will be staying in kissimmee so that would make it just over 2 hour drive from where we will be staying, just need to find out how long it takes to build.

widget

Ideal_Rock
If you're going to be in Miami, I'd check out: http://www.buchwaldjewelers.com/

"Didiamond" is a customer of theirs (do a search here, and you'll see she's a very good customer of theirs!
1.gif
) I visited them once, and though it's not in the nicest neighborhood (in sort of a 'jewelry exchange' type building) they appear to have a huge inventory.

If I were you, I'd email (or better yet telephone) the vendor first, even before leaving the UK. to get a sense of what they have, prices, how much time you'd need, etc etc. I think it's always helpful to let them know ahead of time you're a serious customer..

Good luck!
widget

gk172

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, we have looked at both sites and ive chosen a few differant designs from Abazias website so i think that is possibly where we will head, i have emailed them asking a few questions so hopefully they will get back to me on time scale etc. Does anyone have any more recomendations closer to kissimmee? Even if it is just a jeweller shop that offers fair prices.

Thanks for all your help
2.gif

gk172

Shiny_Rock
'Another option if you're traveling in Florida is to have the item/items sent to a trusted independent appraiser.'

Can you please giv eme a little info on cost and time scale to do this, as hopefully nearer the time i might be able to pinpoint a couple of stones.

I found this ring while having a search on Abazias which is exactly my choice. here

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Doing this is common so the fee is modest (relative to a diamond ring purchase). Contact the appraiser directly to find out his/her exact price. Many sellers are accustomed to sending directly to an appraiser. If you like the idea of doing this, try to reserve a meeting with your chosen appraiser far in advance and make the seller aware of the date/time that appraisal is scheduled.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results