shape
carat
color
clarity

1 Carat Princess Cut ???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ohiojagerguy

Rough_Rock
I have yet another diamond I need some help on. I reallly appreciate all the help and great knowledge everyone has to share and to give on this site. I am slowly learning more and more everyday, to the point I walk into a brick and mortar style store and they are very impressed that I know alot more than the 4 c''s (thanks to you guys and gals). Here are the specs on the new diamond...

The diamond is from Union Diamonds and is classified as there "Select Ideal" per there gemologist that I have been in contact with. He is going to get pictures of the diamond for me and try his best at an ideal scope photo as well. Based off what info I have here it is....

Carat: 1.00
Color: I
Clarity: VS1
Measurements: 5.56 x 5.46 x 4.06mm
Table: 67%
Crown Height: 9%
Pavilion Depth: 62%
Girdle: Medium Polished
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Cutlet: None
Graining: Nil
Flourescence: None
Lab Report: EGL

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I linked the page on how the grading labs rank in another post, you prefer to stick to EGL? If you could find out which EGL lab that would help, and post any images when you get them then we can go from there.

ohiojagerguy

Rough_Rock
Lab wise I don''t mind who it is from. I don''t see the link but I will look for it as well as ask the person whom I am in contact with what EGL lab graded it. He is trying to get some photos for me this morning. Without photos how does it look measurements wise or does the EGL lab matter due to accuracy?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2009 7:23:15 AM
Author: ohiojagerguy
Lab wise I don't mind who it is from. I don't see the link but I will look for it as well as ask the person whom I am in contact with what EGL lab graded it. He is trying to get some photos for me this morning. Without photos how does it look measurements wise or does the EGL lab matter due to accuracy?
I don't know if this EGL lab provide the total depth as pavilion depth....If you could check that would help. Assuming the measurements are table 67%, depth 62% and the crown height, then what I can see so far is a diamond of commercial cut quality with a large table and could benefit from a bit more crown height, so it isn't likely to be the best all round performer. Pictures will help as it is very limiting without and no way we can make any sort of meaningful judgement without them regrettably.

With EGL graded diamonds, make the sale final on the diamond checking out to your satisfaction in all aspects with an independant appraisal.

ohiojagerguy

Rough_Rock
All the measurements I posted were off the EGL report I was sent... trying to figure out how to pist the copy of it as it was e-mailed to me in a PDF file. I also thought the crown height was a little low ( it should be 10% if I remember correctly?) Also when you say commercial qoulity cut you are implying that it is not cut by a more skilled cutter? Sorry for all the questions...

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9% is ok

commercial quality in this sense is diamonds that are of gem quality but cut to maximize weight. then there''s industrial quality diamonds that are used for other purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results