shape
carat
color
clarity

1.94 ct round sapphire on its way!

Adamo13

Rough_Rock
Hey guys, I pulled the trigger on this sapphire, going to get it in person to see if I like the color and make a decision. The only thing is that it's heated but I can live with that if the color I nice enough! Let me know what you guys think.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I think it's a nice size and cut and a pure blue for color. The tone is a tad darker than what I would prefer, but really you have to see it in person to tell how the color is.

Adamo13

Rough_Rock
I think it's a nice size and cut and a pure blue for color. The tone is a tad darker than what I would prefer, but really you have to see it in person to tell how the color is.

Hey thanks for the reply! Yes the blue looks stunning but that's my only fear that it's too dark for what I prefer, but I'll be able to judge better in person. But David seems really nice and so far great to deal with, offers a return if it's not to my liking and he will have more stuff coming in the next month or so for me to take a look at if this doesn't work.

IcePhoenix

Shiny_Rock
Seems nice and the cut looks good as well, but consider that certain settings can darken sapphires.
Just a heads up, I don't know if and how you want to set it
You could end up with a black looking stone especially considering you are not going to see it (or any stone for that matter) in ideal or strong/direct light most of the time.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a very good size. For me the color is definitely too dark. I prefer the color you see when the stone is belly up. BUT that's personal preference and seeing it in person will help you judge their photos for future purchases.

Adamo13

Rough_Rock
Seems nice and the cut looks good as well, but consider that certain settings can darken sapphires.
Just a heads up, I don't know if and how you want to set it
You could end up with a black looking stone especially considering you are not going to see it (or any stone for that matter) in ideal or strong/direct light most of the time.

Yes the darkness was my main concern, but I wanted to take a look in person and he offers a no questions asked return so I'll decide when I see it in person. Cause unfortunately I can't seem to find anything locally or within Canada at least would be best.

Also the setting I was planning was this, but maybe elevated shank so the band can be simple round IMG_20191122_145317.jpg MVIMG_20191122_145413.jpg IMG_20191122_145314.jpg

Last edited:

IcePhoenix

Shiny_Rock
Maybe you can ask the vendor to place the stone on various settings (if he has any) to see how and if it darkens

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results