shape
carat
color
clarity

~1.9 tcw uncerted earrings

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I realize pricescopers enjoy super ideal cut diamonds, but can we not enjoy "really pretty" as well? I just got these earrings without papers based on the price and the scopes (my scopes). I thought of sending to GIA, but would have to unset them. They are in heavy 18k martini settings with giant elephant backs (love).

One is completely loupe clean and one has a couple of tiny crystals under a crown facet visible with a 20x loupe. I need better light to compare next to my AGS graded stones, but they safely appear to be I color. No fluor.

Images of the earrings here. I'll load the IS and ASET pics that I took with my phone camera (that is very difficult to do)

IMG_5269.JPG

IMG_5263.JPG

IMG_5264.JPG

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scopes. I numbered them.

IMG_5240.JPG

IMG_5241.JPG

IMG_5243.JPG

IMG_5249.JPG

IMG_5253.JPG

IMG_5259.JPG

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! Do you have any ear shots?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look lovely.

I bought a diamond ring at an auction a few years ago, but when my friend saw it, she fell in love with it, and asked to buy it. She had to take it to be resized, went to 3 different jewellers who all told her what a fantastic diamond it was and valued it at more than 4 times what she paid! There are bargains out there, and sometimes it's worth taking a chance :D

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course! Although, it's hard to take good ear shots. These stones are the biggest on my ears, next to my .63 and .64 BGD signature stones.

IMG_5278.JPG

IMG_5295.JPG

IMG_5288.JPG

IMG_5296.JPG

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting. In mirror. I'm over the moon about these. I'm wondering if worth the unmounting to send to GIA. And whether I could bear to be without them (which makes no sense, since I've been without them my whole life)!

Pretty sure the color/clarity will be higher than my BGD, but I'm sure the cut wouldn't be AGS0. Not sure if they'd be GIAXXX. The scopes look pretty good though (not super ideal) but I didn't pay super ideal money, either.

IMG_5298.JPG

IMG_5299.JPG

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're beautiful and look great on you! Seems like an amazing find!! :appl:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look great in your ear.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
Your total ear bling is major inspiration! Great find, beautiful earrings. I'm a novice and no where near a diamond-snob, so I feel like if they meet or exceed your expectations then forget nit-picking the specs. :shifty:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha thanks everyone. I'm slightly above novice but well below diamond snob (lol). I've done my fair share of reading pricescopers' analysis of hundreds of images (IS/ASET) of people's stones, and, having my own scopes and some AGS stones for color and clarity reference, these were a good price. OK, still expensive, but within the realm of reality. Once I saw that images, I was like whoa, why are these not already certed? I searched for girdle inscription, didn't find any. That doesn't mean they've never been to the GIA. Just that they are not inscribed.

Do you guys think that the ASET on these stones indicates they may be candidates for the very wide-ranging GIA excellent cut grade? Should I unmount them and send them to GIA for certification? Or just be happy that they're awesomely blingtastic and that I got them for far less than comparable color/clarity, "very good" GIA cut stones (not including the price of these heavy duty 18 karat settings with these ginormous "elephant" backs).

If I did send them, what I want the diamond quality report, or the dossier? One of them I believe includes an inscription on the girdle. Not like I think these are likely to come back as "good" or "fair" cut, but they could be "very good" in which case, I may not want an inscription.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, now that's a lot of ear bling! They look great on you!!!

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
These earrings look like brand name jewelry. I have Hearts on Fire diamond earrings that look exactly the same as yours!
My advise is NOT to unset the diamonds prior being sure that there is no HOF inscription (on the pin). The HOF inscription on the pin fade very fast. If you destroy the earrings, and if they are HOF earrings, you are decreasing their value! Also, good sign that your earrings could be HOF is that they are 18K! HOF jewelry is primary 18K.
I would take these earrings to HOF dealer and pay for an appraisal. An experienced GIA gemologist could determine if the diamonds are ideal cut.
Here are pictures of my HOF earrings:
HOF1.jpg HOF2.jpg

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look beautiful on you! Interesting commentary by EvaEvans. I don't know where you purchased these but finding random diamond earrings cut that well is a fabulous find!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can I just say that your studs are my earring goals lol!! I keep getting side tracked and doing ring stuff when I need to invest in two more pairs of studs, I only have one small pair and three holes! Hey are beautiful and I am a fan of studs that are not the "best".

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow @EvaEvans ! That would be fantastic!! Might explain why they have such nice scopes!!

I see what you mean about the similar construction of the settings, how the "pin" meets with a larger cylinder that is the base of the prong struts. The whole setting is pretty heavy-duty, including the under-girdle donut.

I was able to barely make out 750 on one pin, but nothing else definitively (under 20x) though there are some etches, it's pretty worn smooth.

Do your studs have a stamp on the inside of one of the prong struts near the culet of the stone? You would need a loupe to see. Now I'm really curious to know if they are HOF.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nice studs! They look great on you!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yah, I'm definitely loving these. The ones on your avatar are awesome!!

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
ringo865, My earrings are marked only on the pin! The hallmark is: "HOF 750".
aHOF1.jpg

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Eva. I took these to a microscope AGS member jeweler and they confirmed there is no inscription on the girdle. They as well confirmed 750 on the pin and anything else was indistinguishable. They did say that they are apparently unfilled/in drilled, natural diamonds with a "very nice make". I didn't ask them to speculate how close my color/clarity estimate was, as they did all of this looking over them for free.

Still very psyched over these studs :kiss:

IMG_5304.JPG

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
These are beautiful earrings! Even HOF hallmark wasn't found, I still advise not to unset the diamonds. This 3-prong martini setting in 18K is valuable, steady and very comfortable in my opinion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results