shape
carat
color
clarity

1.9 DBL yellow brown diamond

Snowy

Shiny_Rock
The diamond is here!!! Pictures taken with bad quality iPhone. Real camera pictures later tonight!

It's so much prettier in person and the color REALLY changes with the light. Outside it's a dark brown in direct sunlight. Indoor lighting with filtered sunlight it's almost a yellow gold and absolutely gorgeous. Then the shade varies everywhere else. Pictures will explain and are pretty true to the color in real life.

Eye-clean to me for 95% of the time unless looking very closely at it and actually trying to look for the one spot there's a slightly off inclusion. And it really does sparkle! Everything that David from DBL said about it was certainly true! He has an eye for these fancy colored brown diamonds!

Don't mind the horrible picture taking or my awful fingers... and the stone is REALLY dirty from all my fingerprints all over it trying not to drop it and looking at it every which way.

On balcony direct sunlight (first sunlight I've gotten in weeks):
ae445205-0f67-4322-8bd7-e05d1bde8a2c_zpsb9c499bb.jpg 9ce56606-b24c-4cc7-b3c5-8cac5d864614_zps26c9c54d.jpg

Indoors with filtered sunlight (it was darker lighting here... It could have also been reflecting green from the curtains):
89273fb6-f66a-43a0-8560-b23ed55c9d76_zpse697d6d7.jpg

Indoors with filtered sunglight but with more sunlight coming through:
3825c45b-df91-4205-a8f2-1f9d85d6f3e3_zpsce4954b6.jpg

Under indoor lights:
293e230a-dcf3-4e46-8ddc-9953f32e3b8b_zps4ede4abc.jpg

I have severe DSS so will have it haloed in an absolutely gorgeously done DBL hand forged micropave halo if we decide to keep it. Husband said he would take pictures when he's back since I'm awful at this and can't really go outside but we shall see!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am certifiably jealous! Really lovely stone. :love: :love: :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! And those colour changes are quite significant, aren't they? Its pretty stunning!

Snowy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Derbygal! Alex T, it really does change where ever you walk to! Wish I could see it under jewelry store lights!

The pictures really don't do the diamond justice. I wasn't expecting a brown diamond to sparkle this much but it REALLY does. I'm going to try and take some pictures next to my BGD diamond.

Can anyone actually see the inclusions? Under the loupe I can certainly tell where the I1 grade came from but even from the pictures it's eye clean which is AMAZING.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks AWESOME!!! I'm so glad that you are happy with the stone - it is a fantastic size and I do love the colour and how it changes!! That's gonna be a stunner when you set it! Halo, wasn't that the plan??? (I forget - but I forget everything, so don't be hurt! lol!)

Great diamond :appl: :appl: :appl:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
It is really pretty! I've only seen a couple of brown diamonds in person (that looked like turds), but yours is like a sparkly golden chocolate! I think it will look stellar in an icy white halo. :love:
Regarding the inclusions, if you only see them when you are looking for them, then congratulations! She's a keeper!
:appl: :appl: :appl:

Snowy

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, and it's ONLY in certain lighting IF the diamond is turned a certain way into the sunlight! I have to turn it to see it. It's crazy how eye clean it is to me! And that gold copper color is just amazing. I can't wait to show it in real camera good quality pictures.... and see how it looks when it's at night.

It's very beautiful and everything David described.

The plan is Rose gold halo with white diamonds and white diamonds in the shank. :bigsmile: I just wonder how the rose gold will affect the coloring!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh Snowy, it's so beautiful! I'm so happy for you!! :appl: :appl:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone Snowy!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snowy... So interesting, the colors and changes... It's beautiful and unique... :love: enjoy all that coverage of bling!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the color and I am really happy you love it too!

I really like brown diamonds. I would like one too some day.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it Snowy, and I think it's going to look amazing in a halo! Can't wait to see the finished piece!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you got it and it looks great!!!! Can't wait to see it in its new halo then it will be massive and amazing. :appl:

Snowy

Shiny_Rock
Not doing too well health wise so there will be delay with non cameraphone pictures. I have it next to me at all times so I can just look at it in the box. I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of sparkle it displays an the goldish yellow brown and I swear sometimes a hint of greenish yellow as well.

It's hard to tell with my fingers in the way... But I wish it was bigger! Is it possible to have DSS so fast?! I'm thinking it looks smaller since its not mounted yet. But... I was unhappy with the size of my ering as soon as I opened it... Same reaction from everyone as well and I've felt regret ever since not going bigger. I just don't want to do that again with this ring. Everything about it is so pretty and when in the halo will be amazing but I'm worried its not as big as I wanted.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Snowy, hope it passes soon! Ugh, I hate DSS! I think this stone is going to have a great presence on your hand once it's set in a halo - To me stones always look bigger when set, and the halo will definitely add some finger coverage. I can't wait to see it!

Snowy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks junebug! About the halo, I think so too! But just that nagging feeling of what if since it happened before!

I don't want to part with it to get it sent back to get it in the halo but I know I'm going to love it even more 100%

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snowy|1367033582|3435422 said:
Not doing too well health wise so there will be delay with non cameraphone pictures. I have it next to me at all times so I can just look at it in the box. I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of sparkle it displays an the goldish yellow brown and I swear sometimes a hint of greenish yellow as well.

It's hard to tell with my fingers in the way... But I wish it was bigger! Is it possible to have DSS so fast?! I'm thinking it looks smaller since its not mounted yet. But... I was unhappy with the size of my ering as soon as I opened it... Same reaction from everyone as well and I've felt regret ever since not going bigger. I just don't want to do that again with this ring. Everything about it is so pretty and when in the halo will be amazing but I'm worried its not as big as I wanted.

It is very different set... At least that is what I found... :naughty:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snowy, it's gorgeous!!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Snowy, I think it's a really beautiful stone. And if you are really worried about DSS - go the DOUBLE HALO!!!

DevinG

Rough_Rock
That is one beautiful stone!! I'm upgrading my ring as well and went with rose gold. Mine is L color and it's more on the brown side than yellow. I fell in love right when i saw it. I pick it up on the 16th, hopefully they'll set it that day too. I'll come back and start a thread to show it off :) hehe

I think the RG will look devine with the stone color. Are you gonna do RG prongs or WG? Mine is a WG head with a RG cathedral shank.

Congrats and enjoy your new beauty!! :bigsmile:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Snowy! :wavey: I've been wondering if you ever had this beauiful diamond set! Also just thinking of you and how you're doing - check in if you see this!

Lady5

Rough_Rock
I'd love to see the setting as well! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results