shape
carat
color
clarity

1.85 body color

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
Some thoughts please. Currently considering a 1.85 carat H color diamond. Because of it''s larger size does anyone know if the body color, warmth of the H will be highly noticeable, especially when looking at it from the side? Should I go up in color since it''s a larger stone? Of course I don''t want to because the price will go up as well!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seriously doubt anyone would call that off-white - unless you decide on D color sidestones and show the ring upside down to everyone
2.gif

You will get to see it before there''s no turning back, right ?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you compare it to a D-E-F color, you will see the difference either face-up or face-down, and the price will jump pretty dramaticaly.

But on the other hand, H color is still considered a white very near colorless diamond.

But it is defenetly NOT a D-E-F..... (But it is regarded as a very high quality diamond...)

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think the body color will be noticeable when it''s mounted in the face-up position and viewed by itself (not next to a D/E/F).

I have a 1.24 H, and it shows no body color. Yes, larger stones can show body color more, but I unless you are ultra color sensitive, it shouldn''t be noticeable to you.

If this purchase is from a vendor with a reasonable return policy, then you really have no risk.

Good luck.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Make sure the prongs are white gold or platinum to maximize the diamond!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
are you color sensitive? that would make a difference. of course it''s all relevent. as others have stated, if it''s not going to be next to other stones it probably won''t matter too much. didn''t you have another stone (tiff?) what color was it?

youngster

Shiny_Rock
Hi there Rosy, I have a 1.56 carat H color RB diamond. About 7.5 mm. It''s very white (and I''m very picky and sensitive to color differences). Was just outside in the snow and it practically blinded me!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Rosy, I thought you decided to keep your ring from Tiffany''s. Are you going to trade it or are you just getting a new stone in addition to it?

rosy

Shiny_Rock
I was planning to keep it since I ouldn''t find one to replace it with. At the last minute I decided to go for this one. The price difference is pretty significant but circumstances in my life right now are allowing me to get it so I figured why not go for it. This way I will never have that longing feeling to upgrade because it''s a very sizeable stone. With the smaller one & even the 1.50 carat I felt that longing. Any thoughts?

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Why not go for an I color VS2 diamond?

rosy

Shiny_Rock
I''ve purchased the 1.85 H color & it is very beautiful & faces up absolutely bright white. It''s very white from the sides too, no hint of yellow & not much warmth. I''m very happy, it''s a large stone however I realize that my hands are longer than the average persons & a 2 - 2.5 carat ring would definitely compliment my hands better. I''m not complaining, it''s beautiful, in my next life I will get the 2-2.5 carat ring!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I absolutely LOVE ''H'' colored stones and would hands down even get a 3c stone in that color. Congrats on what sounds like a great purchase.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
That''s great Rosy. Be sure to post pictures of it!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/16/2005 9:13:23 PM
Author: rosy
I''ve purchased the 1.85 H color & it is very beautiful & faces up absolutely bright white. It''s very white from the sides too, no hint of yellow & not much warmth. I''m very happy, it''s a large stone however I realize that my hands are longer than the average persons & a 2 - 2.5 carat ring would definitely compliment my hands better. I''m not complaining, it''s beautiful, in my next life I will get the 2-2.5 carat ring!
rosy
congrats....H color is an ex choice,ex value.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
OT................

Are rosy and rosie two different rosies?
33.gif
All the posts became too confusing for me simple mind to follow.....
23.gif

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Yes Rosy & Rosie are two different people.

After having my 1.85 for less than a week I realize that I would love to have a 2 - 3 carat ring, 1.85 is too small. I can''t believe at one point I thought it was so darn large. Har! Har! This shrinkage syndrome kicks in so quickly! This ring buying thing is absolutely crazy, it seems like it can never be too big! Please help, I''m going broke just looking at diamonds!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2005 5:15:51 AM
Yes Rosy & Rosie are two different people.

After having my 1.85 for less than a week I realize that I would love to have a 2 - 3 carat ring, 1.85 is too small. I can''t believe at one point I thought it was so darn large. Har! Har! This shrinkage syndrome kicks in so quickly! This ring buying thing is absolutely crazy, it seems like it can never be too big! Please help, I''m going broke just looking at diamonds!
Join the "broke" club.
9.gif

Sorry about that shrinkage. Get the 2ct - what the heck. I''m no help
31.gif

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Uggh! You''re right you''re not helping at all! I think somewhere down the road I''ll reset the diamond into a slightly taller setting with a pave or shared prong band. I think that will make the diamond look larger & more eye-catching. It will also take away the Tiffany value since it''s basically not a Tiffany anymore once you remove it from the setting. I realize that I don''t like low-set diamonds, they make the diamond look smaller from the side & certain angles unless you have really small dainty hands I don''t recommend them for larger longer hands! Wish I realized this before I made the purchase.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/20/2005 120:34 AM
It will also take away the Tiffany value since it's basically not a Tiffany anymore once you remove it from the setting
...well, wouldn't 1.8 Tiffany turn 2.5 elsewhere from the start
31.gif

I would be the last to say that the setting doesn't make up half the impression. Look at this darling !

h.jpg

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Yes, you live & learn! Oh dear, sorry to say that that type of setting is not what I had in mind!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results