shape
carat
color
clarity

1.63 CARAT OR 1.05 CARAT.. PLEASE HELP :CONFUSED:

Lotus85

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!
there are two cushion cut diamonds that i like but not sure of which one i should get.
they are both GIA graded. But i just don't quite understand why 1.63 carat is only a few hundreds more than 1.05 and yet it is more than a half carat different. Please give an your thoughts on these stones. Much appreciated!

SHAPE: Cushion
CARAT WEIGHT: 1.63
COLOR: F
CLARITY: IF
POLISH: Excellent
SYMMETRY: Excellent
FLUORESCENCE: Faint
L/W/D (MM): 7.17*6.62*4.49
L/W RATIO: 1.08

DEPTH %: 67.70
GIRDLE: Slightly Thick
TABLE %: 60.00
CERTIFICATE: GIA
CROWN ∠: 39.37
CROWN %: 16.44
PAVILION ∠: 38.19
PAVILION %: 47.64
This Cushion Cut 1.05 Carat D Color IF Clarity has a diamond grading report from GIA

SHAPE: Cushion
CARAT WEIGHT: 1.05
COLOR: D
CLARITY: IF
POLISH: Very Good
SYMMETRY: Very Good
FLUORESCENCE: None
L/W/D (MM): 6.16*5.60*3.64
L/W RATIO: 1.10

DEPTH %: 65.00
GIRDLE: Slightly Thick - Very Thick
TABLE %: 63.00
CULET: None
CERTIFICATE: GIA

Q

Queenie60

Can't answer your question specifically. However, why such a high color? And why IF? Cushions are quite complicated and I feel that you should study them and ask some of the experts on this site to help you to find a cushion within your budget and parameters. I do know that there are "crushed ice" cushions and "X factor" cushions. You need to decide which appeals to you more and then go from there. Are you color sensitive or is it cultural? Either way, I am sure that many of the diamond experts on this sight can help you to find the right cushion. Good luck. :wavey:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have pictures of the stones?

Lotus85

Rough_Rock
I did research on the proportions, crown and pavilion but they all give different numbers, I'm not quite sure which ones to exactly follow. Can someone have ideas what i should look for in a cushion shape?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 1.63 a lot more than the other one. It look prettier to me, and then of course it is also bigger, but even if they were the same size it is more attractive. (The 1.05 is a crushed ice type cushion and the 1.63 is not.)

I am not sure but I think the difference in price is due to when the diamonds went on the market - the 1.05 has a diamond grading report from 2013 but the 1.63 has a grading report from October, and prices have dropped this year so newer stones are sometimes less expensive than older ones.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Put it on hold before a lurker grabs it.

Lotus85

Rough_Rock
thanks for the input ! Yes i think i like the 1.63 too, but i thought i should do some research or ask for a opionion about the proportion, faint fluorescence before making a decision... does have any affect to the diamond if it has a faint fluorescence? and the proportions of it are ok as depth is 67.7 and table is 60? Sorry to ask so many questions but i am new to this and i would like to learn... Please help and thank you so much for reading my post.

Q

Queenie60

I'm hoping, Diamondseeker, Gypsy, Flyingpig or a few others see this post - they can help you to find a beautiful cushion. And give you some advise on the 1.63. Maybe put it on hold and wait for their input? Good luck. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results