shape
carat
color
clarity

~ 1.5ctw diamond studs--whiteflash or leon?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
jeff, did you ever get anything?

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/23/2007 9:08:45 AM
Author: Ellen
jeff, did you ever get anything?

Hi Ellen,

Nothing yet, but I''ve decided to go with WF for everything, and I''ll go ACA G-I, VS2-SI1. We''re actually headed out now to get a size determination (I was nervous I would go too small or too big (
23.gif
) if I did not have proper guidance). For now she thinks she''s getting them for the wedding, but she will get them way before that.

I''ll be back with more news as soon as I reserve a pair of ACAs @ WF.

Thanks for checking in-- I really appreciate everyone''s continued interest, even if it''s driven by a desire to see more bling!

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

-Jeff

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeff, just remember that most jewelry store studs are poorly cut, and many are deep and face up smaller than the WF ideal cut stones. So expect the WF stones to probably appear just a little larger than what you look at.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/24/2007 12:15:34 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Jeff, just remember that most jewelry store studs are poorly cut, and many are deep and face up smaller than the WF ideal cut stones. So expect the WF stones to probably appear just a little larger than what you look at.

Hey DS... I had that same thought, so I decided to have my fiance size @ T&Co. because I figured their stones were cut to a similar spread as the ACAs, give or take.

The results were that 1.00 ctw (.50 each) were as big as her ears could handle, by her own (somewhat disappointed) admission. So... I "saved" a little money today.

She tried on a pair of 1.01 ctw E/VS1 in a 4-prong platinum setting-- they were beautiful-- $11,700. Wow. My bill from WF for comparable ACAs will come in around 1/2 of that. For some reason the Tiffany''s mark-up was even more striking when it came to earrings.

Thanks again for all of your continued help. I will be calling a rep @ WF sometime after the new year to have them start getting a pair together for me.

Happy Holidays,

-Jeff

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank goodness you had her try some on, Jeff! And that was brilliant to go to Tiffany''s to try some on! Wow, the mark-up there is incredible!!!! Half carat stones will be even better for drops or tiny jackets. I am glad you made a decision and we can''t wait to see what you choose!!!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/23/2007 1:16:54 AM
Author: miumi

Date: 12/9/2007 1:46:45 PM
Author: Green with Envy
The ones I got...Wf handmade thinner martini settings...
30.gif

sorry to hijack but green with envy, do you have any ear shots? i have 2.45 ctw reserved right now with wf and i am trying to decide on the setting. i have the standard martini in my current 1.5ctw but had them set extra low b/c i don''t want the setting to show. much appreciation!!
Sorry a bit late- just found this question...

The only thing I seem to not love about the setting is that to my eyes, even though they are set low, is I can see the edge of metal that goes around close to the girdle of the diamond. Since Hand made... this could be fixed and if I knew then what I know now...

I would go thinner handmade over WF standard... but request that the metal ring around the diamond that is closest to the table be LOWER down.. but the prongs are so tiny and perfect- no problems with these and the over all earrings sit well and no droop.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results