shape
carat
color
clarity

~1.5c diamond with 15k budget? Anyone want to help locate?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

azjason

Rough_Rock
I am sure there are a ton of people who ask questions like this but I will apologize in advance :)

Looking to spend no more than 15k on a round 1.36-1.6 carat diamond.

Have done a little research and it seems whiteflash comes highly recommended.

Anyone know what I should be looking for? Would like to get the most for my money obviously.

Thanks in advance.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd get an ideal cut stone from WF or Good Old Gold since I have bought from both of them!

Here are some that are available now (my personal preference is G-H color and VS clarity with your budget):

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4228/

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-560213.htm (this one is $16,011 with discounts if you want to go up one color grade)

Here is the search I used:

https://www.pricescope.com/sift.aspx

Enter excellent-excellent for cut and check GIA and AGS for grading labs.

Bluer1

Rough_Rock
Hi AZJASON.....
31.gif
Personally....I would steer clear from this one: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4228/ ...................................
..............................................................................................................................................................................
.............................................................................Because I already have dibs on it!!
29.gif

DiamondSeeker has given you a great alternative!!!!!
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bobbi, I am sorry that I think I replied to this before I saw your post. I normally wouldn''t post a stone someone is actively considering. Have you reserved it? You need to because technically there is no such thing as having dibs unless you have reserved the stone!
1.gif

Bluer1

Rough_Rock
6.gif
GOG website is down!!
Couldn''t do it....kept erroring.
7.gif

So I called....it''s after hours....and luckily Amy is working late. She manually put it on hold.

AZJASON...I know that these great PS folks will help you find the purrrrfect diamond for you!!
emthup.gif

They helped me tremendously!!
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/9/2008 7:20:45 PM
Author: Bobbi
6.gif
GOG website is down!!
Couldn''t do it....kept erroring.
7.gif

So I called....it''s after hours....and luckily Amy is working late. She manually put it on hold.

AZJASON...I know that these great PS folks will help you find the purrrrfect diamond for you!!
emthup.gif

They helped me tremendously!!
9.gif
Congrats, Bobbi!!! I obviously liked the stone!!! We will help azjason find some others!

jchau

Rough_Rock
Wow. 1.5+ ct is becoming very popular this past week. Lucky I reserved mine from Whiteflash quickly, thanks to the advice of PS members.

azjason, I would definitely check out the one from Whiteflash for $16k. I was soooo close to getting that one, and WF said it''s an AWESOME stone. It was a little out of my budget so I went for something with a lower color and clarity. If you are not in a hurry, WF mentioned they may be getting new inventory end of April. Customer service at WF is great so good luck!

azjason

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

I will check these out.. any more suggestions are welcome.

Most of these seem more out in the 16k range.. it seems hard to find a 1.36-1.49 out there as well... thought those would be more in the 12 to 13k range and easier to swallow...

:shrug:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2008 9:52:13 AM
Author: azjason
Thanks!

I will check these out.. any more suggestions are welcome.

Most of these seem more out in the 16k range.. it seems hard to find a 1.36-1.49 out there as well... thought those would be more in the 12 to 13k range and easier to swallow...

:shrug:
HI:

Messages keep getting eaten!!! Both of the stones I liested are in the 13K range, and if I am not mistaken both Dutton and NiceIce offer some discounts for money wire transfer.....but I''d check on that in specific...

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results