shape
carat
color
clarity

1.37ct RB? What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

retsled

Rough_Rock
Hello all
1.gif

My gf is a PSer and is always bestowing the virtues of PS to me. So here I am hoping she will not see this, well atleast will not recoginise me!

We have been ring shopping a number of times and I have a pretty clear picture in my head of what she likes
9.gif
(hoping it’s the same as in her head!!!
2.gif
). I’ve planned to get the ring custom designed so I’m in the process of looking for a diamond at the moment and with all my searches I keep coming back to one particular diamond and I’d like to get the opinion of all the PSers out there……….

Here goes...

1.37 Round Brilliant
Cut by Infinity
7.14-7.17 x 4.41 mm
E/VS2
AGS
Depth: 61.7%
Table: 54.9%
Crown: 34.3 degrees
Pav: 40.8 degrees
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Flourescence: Negligible
Hearts and Arrows
Price: ~$13,000

HCA score:1.2 (TIC - "excellent" on Light return, Fire and Scintillation and "very good" for spread)

I am very curious as to what ye think!?

Thanks everyone

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A big welcome to you, good to have some of the chaps join!

As to your diamond, you will rarely find one better than that superb Infinity, I would put it on hold as soon as you can, to prevent it being grabbed! I hope you get it!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi ret,

The diamond is great, no problem there. I assume you''re aware you could go down in color a bit, and perhaps clarity to save a bit or get a bigger diamond? If so, and this is what you want, you''ve found a winner!

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Very, very nice. :)

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
It looks like a wonderful diamond I agree with Lorelei if you want that puppy put it on hold ASAP that carat size is really hard to find.

You could drop the clarity and colour if you wish to go bigger but if it is an E, VS2 then I would go for it :).

GL :)

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
That will be a GREAT stone, and pretty big to boot. She will love it.

P.S. Clever login name you picked, there
2.gif

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
looks like a gorgeous stone!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
As a ''D'' owner I fully understand why you would want to keep the high colour, but would you consider dropping clarity a bit? Did you look at SI''s at all?

What are search guidelines, perhaps we can show you some options?

You mentioned a custom setting - why is this? Do you have something/body in mind already?

Happy hunting!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a great stone!! However, if you want to save some money you could easily drop in color and many SI''s are eye clean as well. If you prefer higher color and clarity stones though you picked a great one!

I think it sounds pretty. And although you could go down in color or clarity, it really depends on how sensitive you and your gf are to color and the like.

If you can see the difference, keep the higher color. My SO personally finds anything below an F to be yellow- ish... even though I can''t see it at all. He calls me colorblind.
20.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very clever nickname-- you banished her from the board I hear... RFLMAO. I am assuming with regard to color and clarity you are going by the guidelines Dels.... I MEAN, your GF gave you. So I wouldn''t touch them. VS2 is a very mind clean clarity while still being budget friendly and color is solely a matter of personal perference. The diamond is STUNNING. I''d pull that trigger.

SO... um, about that setting what do you have in mind.
27.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What''s not to like?
9.gif
36.gif

cheers--Sharon

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I''d take that one any day! It looks to be a gorgeous stone.
36.gif

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like a gorgeous stone!! An Ideal cut, E, VS2 is my personal favorite combination! You/she will not regret it!
36.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
36.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/36.gif" align="absMiddle border=0">

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great choice!! I hope she doesn''t do any snopping on here. I''m sure she''ll be a good girl!!!
3.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That stone looks great!! Definitely reserve it quick!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Love the E/VS2 combo and size and all the numbers look great! Go for it! Should be gorgeous.
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, that looks like a terrific stone! Great choice!
36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds like a kicken stone

You have a link too the IS and heart images?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Looks like it will be a beauty!!
36.gif
36.gif

WooHoo! Very excited for you!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
It looks great! I''m sure the future Mrs. "retsled" will love it, too!
31.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif
Retsled, it looks like a gorgeous stone. Glad you came here and are having us PSr''s check it out first before buying! I think it''s a stone many a PSr'' would be happy to wear!
36.gif
(And I will certainly not repeat anything outside this thread, lol!)
36.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a (single) brother?
27.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2008 5:38:17 PM
Author: Gypsy
Very clever nickname-- you banished her from the board I hear... RFLMAO. I am assuming with regard to color and clarity you are going by the guidelines Dels.... I MEAN, your GF gave you. So I wouldn''t touch them. VS2 is a very mind clean clarity while still being budget friendly and color is solely a matter of personal perference. The diamond is STUNNING. I''d pull that trigger.

SO... um, about that setting what do you have in mind.
27.gif
Indeed and we LOVE her round here!
face23.gif
emlove.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started with a thread in Hangout started by someone's girlfriend. She was complaining that she was "banned" from Rocky Talky by her boyfriend who was going to discuss a ring he was about to purchase here and he didn't want her to see it. Gypsy named the young woman, but I would never do that to to Delster ;-).

At any rate, as I was reading everyone's suggestions about how one could, if he were inclined, get even better mileage out of this stone (i.e. get a bigger diamond by going lower on clarity or color), I wanted to SCREAM!

That stone is a WINNER!!! It is PERFECT!!! Why go bigger? It is perfect as it is!!! I LIKE a colorless diamond in the VS range!

Sorry for screaming.

Congratulations to you, retsled, and the best of luck to Delster.

Deborah
34.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a feeling the specs were specified by Mrs Retsled herself, and it is a gorgeous stone - fit for a Princess!!!
30.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2008 5:32:14 AM
Author: Lorelei

I have a feeling the specs were specified by Mrs Retsled herself

Those happen to be the specs of my ideal stone, too. :)

Deb
34.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2008 5:49:47 AM
Author: AGBF

Date: 3/20/2008 5:32:14 AM
Author: Lorelei

I have a feeling the specs were specified by Mrs Retsled herself

Those happen to be the specs of my ideal stone, too. :)

Deb
34.gif
You have great taste Deb, that diamond is indeed perfection!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 5:17:20 AM
Author: AGBF

I started with a thread in Hangout started by someone''s girlfriend. She was complaining that she was ''banned'' from Rocky Talky by her boyfriend who was going to discuss a ring he was about to purchase here and he didn''t want her to see it. Gypsy named the young woman, but I would never do that to to Delster ;-).

At any rate, as I was reading everyone''s suggestions about how one could, if he were inclined, get even better mileage out of this stone (i.e. get a bigger diamond by going lower on clarity or color), I wanted to SCREAM!

That stone is a WINNER!!! It is PERFECT!!! Why go bigger? It is perfect as it is!!! I LIKE a colorless diamond in the VS range!

Sorry for screaming.

Congratulations to you, retsled, and the best of luck to Delster.

Deborah
34.gif
Well I am one of the guilty parties you refer to here Deb, although I also added, if he was aware of this, and truly wanted the stone, it was a winner. I sometimes mention it because many come here thinking they have to go with higher color and clarity to get a great stone. And that''s not truly the case. So please don''t scream at me, I was honestly only trying to help.
39.gif

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 12:26:54 PM
Author: Miscka
That will be a GREAT stone, and pretty big to boot. She will love it.

P.S. Clever login name you picked, there
2.gif
I am so dumb...I was trying to figure out what was so clever about "retsled"...what could it mean, I''m trying to figure out some acrynym like on vanity car plates...DUH, just got it! Back to the coffee pot I go, not enough caffeine.

Very nice stone, you did well!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results