shape
carat
color
clarity

1.37ct diamond on hold, thoughts?

syndrome

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I currently have this diamond on hold through WF and I would love some feedback on it. The ring is for my mother and I'll eventually upgrade it to a larger size but I want to get her something now that she can enjoy. I am working with a budget of $8k for the completed ring and am eyeing the WF 3-stone trellis setting. I am open to a solitaire in a plain band if I can get a significantly larger diamond within my budget. I know she'd love something in the 1.70ct and above range. No halos. She is not color sensitive and is fine with eye clean clarity. Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Carat1.377
ColorK
ClarityVS2
Measurements7.13x7.15x4.41 mm
Depth %61.8
Table %55.2
Crown Angle34.3
Star %53.0
Pavilion Angle40.8
Crown %15.3
Lower Girdle %77.0
CutIdeal
Light PerformanceIdeal
PolishIdeal
SymmetryIdeal
FluorescenceNegligible
Eye-CleanYes
CuletPointed

1621392550039.png
1621392559573.png

1621392569866.png

1621392581122.png

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice indeed. Only concern would be the K color as that can be too tinted for some, but you say she is not color sensitive so I assume that is good.

Being a guy, I personally would not buy my mom a solitaire as that feels awkward to me. But here is a larger stone that may work as a solitaire if you prefer that option. Very close to 1.70 mark and $8k wire price. WF states it’s eye clean.

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I actually owned that 1.37 for a few months before I upgraded to my 2 carat! It's a BEAUTIFUL stone!

I didn't get any great photos of it while I had it. (I was such a bad Pricescoper!) But I thought this might give you a size perspective of it.

I think you get a lot of bang for the buck with that diamond. But I'm not sure if you could reuse the trellis setting if you decide to upgrade the center stone? I was able to reuse my solitaire setting through the upgrade process and just swap out the head.

rps20210519_073514.jpg

syndrome

Rough_Rock
I actually owned that 1.37 for a few months before I upgraded to my 2 carat! It's a BEAUTIFUL stone!

I didn't get any great photos of it while I had it. (I was such a bad Pricescoper!) But I thought this might give you a size perspective of it.

I think you get a lot of bang for the buck with that diamond. But I'm not sure if you could reuse the trellis setting if you decide to upgrade the center stone? I was able to reuse my solitaire setting through the upgrade process and just swap out the head.

rps20210519_073514.jpg

Oh good to know! It looks lovely on you! Did you upgrade only size or color as well? How did the K face up for you?

Thanks for kindly pointing out that the 3-stone setting will not likely work in an upgrade. I think by the time I upgrade, she'll probably want a new style anyway :)

syndrome

Rough_Rock
Very nice indeed. Only concern would be the K color as that can be too tinted for some, but you say she is not color sensitive so I assume that is good.

Being a guy, I personally would not buy my mom a solitaire as that feels awkward to me. But here is a larger stone that may work as a solitaire if you prefer that option. Very close to 1.70 mark and $8k wire price. WF states it’s eye clean.

I saw that one! Thanks for looking and sharing your input.

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh good to know! It looks lovely on you! Did you upgrade only size or color as well? How did the K face up for you?

Thanks for kindly pointing out that the 3-stone setting will not likely work in an upgrade. I think by the time I upgrade, she'll probably want a new style anyway :)

You're welcome! That K faced up white for me! I think the one I have now (the 2ct) faces up just a smidge whiter, but I was very happy with the way the 1.377 looked, and the only reason it went back was because I had the opportunity to upgrade to my dream stone.

I started with a K (.81ct) and ended with a K (2.09ct) and I have absolutely loved all three K color diamonds from Whiteflash. My hubby is more color sensitive than me and he has been SO IMPRESSED! All we really notice is the sparkle!

Please come back with pictures when you decide. I would love to see!

syndrome

Rough_Rock
It arrived! I am modeling it in the picture. My first experience with WF was a bit disappointing due to delays and shipping errors but the product itself is lovely.

The K's face up white outdoors. Indoors, it is noticeably tinted but it is very sparkly and out-sparkles my own ideal cut e-ring. My mom actually likes the bit of warmth under ambient lighting so it's a keeper for now!

Attachments

• tempImageBtZ5M7.png
    tempImageBtZ5M7.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 135

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear you had delays and shipping errors. I am not sure the issues you faced, but I know WF takes customer satisfaction very seriously and puts forth a sincere effort to avoid mishaps. In the rare event they happen, they bend over backwards to help make it as right as possible. Obviously you did receive your ring, but did you & your sales associate have a conversation and find resolve to matter(s)?

Alerting @Texas Leaguer (VP) so he is aware.

On the positive side, I am glad the stone performs like a champ! I never had a doubt. Color is tricky, but with a K you have to expect some tint. I am glad your mom isn't bothered by it. And if later it becomes an issue you guys have a rock solid trade-up policy to move up in size and/or color as you see fit.

Thanks for the sharing the bling pic and your experience. I hope you will stick around and continue to participate in the community. :cool2:

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It arrived! I am modeling it in the picture. My first experience with WF was a bit disappointing due to delays and shipping errors but the product itself is lovely.

The K's face up white outdoors. Indoors, it is noticeably tinted but it is very sparkly and out-sparkles my own ideal cut e-ring. My mom actually likes the bit of warmth under ambient lighting so it's a keeper for now!

It looks SO PRETTY! Wow! I love that three stone setting a LOT! And I'm so glad she likes it!

Thank you so much for the pic! If you get a chance, I'd love to see more!

syndrome

Rough_Rock
Sorry to hear you had delays and shipping errors. I am not sure the issues you faced, but I know WF takes customer satisfaction very seriously and puts forth a sincere effort to avoid mishaps. In the rare event they happen, they bend over backwards to help make it as right as possible. Obviously you did receive your ring, but did you & your sales associate have a conversation and find resolve to matter(s)?

Alerting @Texas Leaguer (VP) so he is aware.

On the positive side, I am glad the stone performs like a champ! I never had a doubt. Color is tricky, but with a K you have to expect some tint. I am glad your mom isn't bothered by it. And if later it becomes an issue you guys have a rock solid trade-up policy to move up in size and/or color as you see fit.

Thanks for the sharing the bling pic and your experience. I hope you will stick around and continue to participate in the community. :cool2:
Oh there's no need to make this a big deal. I wanted to provide an honest review--it was disappointing because I made plans according to the delivery date--but I am still overall satisfied and would purchase from WF in the future.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely! It's a nice size and has great finger coverage as a 3 stone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results