shape
carat
color
clarity

1.19 CARAT K-SI1 EMERALD CUT DIAMOND - Great Deal or too good to be true?

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, the ring looks beautiful on her finger! And omg is this the sweetest proposal ever :kiss2:! I love how the ring box blended in so well with the roses. Your proposal story has brightened my day =)2Congrats!!

EE3

Rough_Rock
So after dropping all kind of hints, she still didn't see the fake rose. lol So what I did was pull the fake rose from the bouquet, and dropped to one knee revealing the ring and asked her to marry me.

Her first reaction was overwheled crying, nodded yes, but the first words she could muster were "I look horrible!!!" lol
20200521_173652.jpg 20200521_173644.jpg

Congratulations!!! What a beautiful ring and proposal! I love this picture most of all.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So after dropping all kind of hints, she still didn't see the fake rose. lol So what I did was pull the fake rose from the bouquet, and dropped to one knee revealing the ring and asked her to marry me.

Her first reaction was overwheled crying, nodded yes, but the first words she could muster were "I look horrible!!!" lol
20200521_173652.jpg 20200521_173644.jpg

I was just coming here to say I bought a 1.2 M for about $1600 so I think your price is good, and then I was going to say the ring is beautiful.

Now I see I’m late!!! It looks AMAZING on her hand :kiss2::kiss2:

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!! You did great. That is one gorgeous ring. It looks great on her.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring looks good on her, well done and congratulations!

DK :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! What a beautiful proposal! The ring looks beautiful on her...You did good!

macjr82

Rough_Rock
I love stories like this! My goodness that ring looks perfect on her! I love everything about it. It truly suits her and the best part, you knew it would! Congratulations!

Thanks. I actually enlisted her best friend, that she's known since she was 7 in choosing the ring. I did have a general idea, and she helped me make the final decision from the rings I was looking at

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!
This turned out so well! I’m SO glad this ring is a “unicorn”, and performs so well!
What a great find! Truly a diamond in the rough!
I love everything about your story! Blessings to you both for a lifetime of happiness!
It looks perfect on her hand!!
Congratulations! ♥️

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Awwww so perfect! What a proposal idea! Beautiful ring and a steal and it really seems to suit her! Huge congrats and lots of happy years for you too!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulation! It looks perfect on her hand.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! It's a beautiful ring, and more importantly, it looks gorgeous on her. Now you will both be able to look back on this difficult time and have such a wonderful memory to share!

macjr82

Rough_Rock
Thanks again all!!! I just ran my (her?/our?) GIA cert through Rare Carat they estimate a fair price for my stone would be $2460!!, More than 1K over what I paid!! And this has been the low end of the calculators, though probably the most accurate, since it's pulling info right from the certifcate. The biggest knocks were it being too deep, and symmetry rated as good, but I even in magnifaction, I don't see the symmetry issues, and I think the setting I chose, where the diamond sits significantly above the band, allowing more light from the bottom. helped with the depth.

Easy to see just based off of the initial price I was concerned I bought a dud. lol

This stone cost $1440, which seems extremely cheap. My future fiance's chief diesires for an engagement ring were emerald cut (likes how it matches her nail beds), and rose gold (likes how it looks against her skin). With the rose gold setting, I felt fine going with a warmer stone. At S1, you can see from that it's eye clean. Is there something I am missing why this stone would be this price? Or did I get a good deal?

Diamond link: https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/emerald-cut/1.19-carat-k-color-si1-clarity-sku-6167051
Kind of irrelvant, but setting link: https://www.jamesallen.com/engageme...shank-halo-diamond-engagement-ring-item-67355

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again all!!! I just ran my (her?/our?) GIA cert through Rare Carat they estimate a fair price for my stone would be $2460!!, More than 1K over what I paid!! And this has been the low end of the calculators, though probably the most accurate, since it's pulling info right from the certifcate. The biggest knocks were it being too deep, and symmetry rated as good, but I even in magnifaction, I don't see the symmetry issues, and I think the setting I chose, where the diamond sits significantly above the band, allowing more light from the bottom. helped with the depth.

Easy to see just based off of the initial price I was concerned I bought a dud. lol

Proof that fancy cut diamonds cannot be evaluated (or eliminated) based upon specs, cert numbers, and paper, alone!!
Super happy you’re satisfied, and were able to get such a sweet deal on your EC, and setting!!
Congratulations, again!! ♥️

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and congratulations on your engagement! It looks amazing on her!

sunandsky

Shiny_Rock
It’s gorgeous, looks amazing on her, your proposal was super sweet, and im so happy for you (and thank you for a feel good story, we need all we can get these days). Huge congratulations!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results