shape
carat
color
clarity

1.1 OMC..what to do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some photos from a diamond I have...

its a 1.1 OMC diamond. It was taken out of a broach a long time ago (not by me) and now I have this stone. I don''t know what to do with it and I have a small budget.
It does have some feathers but only when you look at it from the bottom....the top is sparkly....

Any thoughts??

Here is the bottom of the diamond...

bottomdiamond5465.jpg

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Another shot

diamondoec56357.jpg

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Another view...

I am thinking the color is like a J or so as it is a warm stone but its got ALOT of fire!!

diaoec11558.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. It''s gorgeous!!
30.gif

2. I''m jealous!
41.gif

3. A pendant?

I recently had a much smaller OEC set by Sally (Heart of Water Jewels), all made by hand. It is very delicate and an appropriate home, I think, for an older stone. I sent my stone to Sally, but you could just e-mail her the dimensions of the stone and have it set locally.

Or, were you more inclined to have it sent in a ring?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Eeek! It''s gorgeous!

I''m partial to rings, myself, but I''m just jealous you get to play with such a lovely stone.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I am not sure about a ring...I want it in so many different things. Would this be a waste to put in a bezel shaped necklace? Or i could put it in a LOGR ring as well...not sure...
I don''t know the specs but I think its a 6mm stone or so....just off the top of my head....

So many choices....

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't put in a plain bezel, but that's just me. If you do decide to bezel it, you might consider milgraining like here:

Bobo's Mom's Double Milgrain Pendant

Deco's Inside Only Milgrain Earrings

This was the direction I originally went in with my pendant, but I chose a stock setting, which did not work (lots of turning and flipping), but a custom setting with fixed/rabbit ears would work. I think this would be a very pretty pendant.

Loving Diamond's Illusion Setting

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love, love, LOVE Bobo''s pendant she so generously gave to her mom. I think your stone would be PERFECT for that!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW
23.gif

I''d love a play toy like that!

That would be an absolutely stunning statement piece in a delicate milgrain pendant...
30.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
What about a DBTY pendant or would that be too much????

freefly

Shiny_Rock
That''s such a wonderful dilemma to be in. I too just had Sally at Heart of Water set my OEC, and I love it. I think a bezeled pendant via DBTY style would be beautiful, but I would milgrain it as someone else suggested. It just goes so well with the old cut stones, IMO. Whatever you decide to do with it, make sure to post lots of pics when it''s finished!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I vote for a pendant too.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful.. definitely a Sally setting in a pendant
36.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 9:18:36 AM
Author: freefly
That''s such a wonderful dilemma to be in. I too just had Sally at Heart of Water set my OEC, and I love it. I think a bezeled pendant via DBTY style would be beautiful, but I would milgrain it as someone else suggested. It just goes so well with the old cut stones, IMO. Whatever you decide to do with it, make sure to post lots of pics when it''s finished!
Do you have a link to her site or her other work?

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Yup, here''s her shop on Etsy.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/heartofwaterjewels

Sorry, I don''t know how to make it clickable.

You can do a search on here for Sally or Heart of Water Jewels, and you''ll see tons of threads on her work. If you go under my username and look up topics posted, you''ll see my latest ring from her. The thread is titled Back from Thailand with new ring by Sally.

There''s also a thread dedicated to her lotus rings which are very beautiful. I think it''s titled Show us your lotus rings.

Again, sorry I don''t know how to post links to these threads. Hope it helps. BTW, she''s located in Thailand and I know some were initially nervous about sending their stones to her, but nobody has had a problem with her receiving their stones.

If you''re interested in a pendant, a bezel setting would be beautiful, check out her pillbox setting, or I think it would look great in her lotus setting also. One poster here had her OECs set in a lotus earring, and another had her OEC set in a lotus ring. Maybe yours could be the first lotus OEC pendant? Good luck! You won''t regret having her make you anything. Unfortunately, she''s so popular here now the wait period is about 8 weeks, but she''s well worth the wait!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that this would make a lovely pendant...that gets my vote!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Lovely diamond. I think a simple pendant or ring would be nice.

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
The only down side of a pendant is the YOU do not get to see it so much. So if not a ring....maybe a bracelet? Like a bangle with abezel set?

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
an OMC is a special stone and i''d want to set it in something i could see all the time, but a pendant with that stone will be gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
whatever you decide to do, it will be beautiful---and if you can''t decide you could always send it my way..lol

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I think it would look stunning as a pendant. A delicate white/rose gold chain and the stone set in a tiny champagne colored halo. Woo child!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you made any decisions on what to do with it yet?

I think I''d want it in a ring and would hunt in the local shops, ebay, and at auctions for a suitable antique setting.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I had a 1 ct. OEC set in a bezel-halo pendant setting- it turned out great. It was just a stock adwar setting I believe- my jeweler let me flip through the setting catalogs until I found one I liked, he ordered it, the .24 carats of melee diamonds and then he set it all, polished the setting, etc. If you want a setting w/ a little sparkle a good jeweler should be able to order melee in a color range that will work w/ your stone.

Let me see if I can find a pic.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Have you finished your project yet? :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I would go for a pendant.

KarmaRocks

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/6/2009 9:52:15 AM
Author: Addy
Have you made any decisions on what to do with it yet?

I think I''d want it in a ring and would hunt in the local shops, ebay, and at auctions for a suitable antique setting.

I vote for antique ring too.
30.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamond.

How did you end up setting it?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You know...if you cant figure out what to do with it you could always donate it to the "People who cant afford a OMC diamond charity". I am sure it will find a home :razz:.

Beautiful rock! I love the chunky mine cut diamonds!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I have not updated recently....

I still have not set the stone. Its still loose. We are getting married in September and the wedding has taken over my finances! :)

I still don''t know what I am going to do with it. I need to get the stone measured again, I was thinking a RHR in a LOGR setting or a short chained necklace...I do like the idea of melee and thie milgrain...

When I have the money I will be looking into it a little more....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results