shape
carat
color
clarity

0.86 M VS1 AVC from Good Old Gold -- I'm engaged!

UberClaire

Shiny_Rock
He proposed last night and I said yes! It's a 0.86 M VS1 August Vintage Cushion from Good Old Gold in a custom Vatche setting (1531 with added split claw prongs).

Webpage for the stone here: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8983/

DSC01666.jpg

DSC01661.jpg

DSC01626.jpg

DSC01678.jpg

DSC01659.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

DSC01645.jpg

DSC01674.jpg

UberClaire

Shiny_Rock
It won't let me edit my post for some reason -- forgot to add that I am ring size 7.75

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congratulations! :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love AVC's!!! :love: Congrats on your engagement! :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: :love: :appl: Beautiful ring!!! (we're the same size- we can play in each others jewellry boxes!! :appl: )

Gorgeous ring, love the cushion stone and gorgeous stats on the GOG web! Fantastic and congratulations on the engagement!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful ring! Congratulations!!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
It's so lovely! What a beautiful choice! :love:

Do you have a picture of the ring's profile from the side?

UberClaire

Shiny_Rock
I do indeed --
DSC01664.jpg

sixbillionstars

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! It's beautiful. I love the M color!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! It's SO beautiful! I LOVE the split claw prongs!

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! May I ask for details about the proposal?

UberClaire

Shiny_Rock
Mikla|1344101188|3245894 said:
Congratulations on your engagement! May I ask for details about the proposal?

I feel so bad for him -- I don't think things went quite as planned! He had planned for us to go fishing (where we had our first date), and then have dinner at our favorite restaurant. He had asked his best friend to come to my condo and decorate the main room with LED candles and flowers so that they would be all set up when we got back from dinner.

Well we went fishing -- it has been so hot here that the water in this small lake had completely receded. It was hot, muggy, and muddy, and the only thing either one of us caught was a 3-foot long water snake (!!!). After that experience, I suggested that we try to move up our dinner reservation (here is where I start to screw things up). After calling the restaurant, we headed back to the car, and I proceeded to sink knee-deep in mud. Poor FI came to rescue me, but we ended up having to leave both of my shoes 2.5 feet deep in lake mud.

So now we've moved our reservation up and I'm shoeless and covered in mud from the knees down. We rush back to my place so I can clean up a little bit and then we had to rush downtown to make our reservation. By this time we're both sweaty, dirty, and I'm assuming smelly. To make matters worse, our favorite restaurant was not up to its usual standards that night and I wasn't really hungry, so I was ready to go fairly early. All the while, he's panicking knowing that his friend is decorating my house and wondering if he should postpone the proposal because so many things had gone wrong.

However, it ended up being perfect. It was so beautiful with the flowers and candles, and I was completely surprised (so surprised that I wasn't wearing makeup, hadn't showered, etc -- made for great pictures!).

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your ring and your story. I think it is a sweet story-- you'll have something to laugh about when you think back on all of it!

RaspberryBliss

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement. :appl: That is a beautiful stone; I just love staring at the facets on AVC diamonds.

novicediamond

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! such an exciting time, I love your stone, Im biased I have an M AVC too :) Love them I really do.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, your ring is beautiful!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I love it!

FrankieL

Rough_Rock
Beautiful!!! Congrats!

plummiecat

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! The ring is gorgeous.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! And what a sweet proposal story!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement. Lovely ring, and the proposal sounds perfect. :appl:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Love AVC's! What a fun proposal story :lol:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring!!! :love:

Congratulations on your engagement! Best to you both.

Cachette :))

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
That is a sweet engagement story, and gorgeous ring! Congratulations! :appl:

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring, congratulations!
The events of your day make a great story even better!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! :love: :appl: Beautiful, timeless, elegant!

mypatience

Rough_Rock
Perfect! I love those split prongs :appl:
It will never get old looking at that sparkler!!!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
beautiful M color!!!! love it! the split prongs are very intriguing to me...so they are really one prong at the base of the basket and just split with 2 claws to rest on top of the stone?

UberClaire

Shiny_Rock
pandabee|1344193193|3246417 said:
beautiful M color!!!! love it! the split prongs are very intriguing to me...so they are really one prong at the base of the basket and just split with 2 claws to rest on top of the stone?

Yup, they split about 2/3 of the way up, right about where the bar is on the basket. I actually like split claw more than double claw, I just hadn't seen any split claw settings that worked in our budget, that I liked, and that didn't have a donut at the base. He did a GREAT job.

I also have to compliment Vatche's prong work -- they are so small and delicate and don't overwhelm the stone at all. I know some people had said that double/split claw could overwhelm a stone under 1 carat or so, but I don't find that to be the case at all.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! The claw prongs add such elegance! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results