shape
carat
color
clarity

0.75 ctw (approximately) diamond studs for sale!

atp223

Shiny_Rock
I was going to send these to BGD for a recut to make them more sparkly, but then I couldn't find them soooo I bought new ones during the BGD sale this weekend. So I thought I would list these in case anyone wants to buy them as a Christmas present!

http://diamondbistro.com/category/211/Earrings/listings/24767/appx-075-ctw-diamond-studs.html

The price is TOTALLY negotiable - as I explain on the diamond bistro listing, they are 0.75 ctw/H/I2 according to the jewelry store I bought them from. They are very white in real life, but you CAN see the inclusions up close and the cut is probably good to very good. As I explain on there, they are sparkly when they are clean. I paid 1,000 in 2009, so that is what I listed them at (ETA listed at 800), but I am certainly willing to negotiate/take less than that. I just put that as a starting point. The similarly-sized J SI1's I bought from BGD this weekend were close to $1500, so anything I get for these to cover the cost of those will be great :).

ETA: I know all the pricescopers are cut nuts (and I am becoming one too!), but if you know anyone who is interested in just a decent pair of diamond earrings at a cheaper-than-retail price, spread the word!

I would love opinions on what you guys thing a good price to list them at would be, and also how to edit diamond bistro to reflect the new price, as I just tried and could not figure out how to edit.

ETA: figured out how to edit and changed starting price to $800.

Furthermore, do you think it's worth paying 260 to have them recut by BGD (if they are good candidates for it), or should I just leave them as-is?

Thank you!!!!

atp223

Shiny_Rock
more pictures! i had to crop the heck out of them to get them to be small enough to upload - so the views are very magnified.

also i realize that since these aren't ideal cut, most people on pricescope won't want them. but if you know anyone looking for a very cheap price for some starter studs, spread the word! if no one wants them they are just going to sit around gathering dust, so i am willing to entertain all offers!

IMG_0928_0.jpg - when they are clean they are sparkly :)
IMG_0922.jpg - in ear perspective
IMG_0943.jpg
IMG_0939.jpg - i don't know if the small dot looking things are dirt or inclusions, but you can't see that when you are looking at them with your naked eye...(except the black dot, that is the main inclusion)
IMG_0926.jpg - black dot inclusion

atp223

Shiny_Rock
Thanks DS!!! I changed the price to 600 on there yesterday, but just for a starting point - I would even sell them for 300 - I am open to all offers! I honestly have no idea what they are worth. So thank you very much for the tip!

ETA: I'm actually kind of horrified at the clarity - when I bought then I had absolutely no idea, and even being able to see the inclusions, I would never have guessed I2. But thanks again for the advice :).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably 95% of us have done the same thing before PS! I certainly did except my stones were larger, unfortunately! I finally traded mine in at a jewelers with the credit going toward a watch, as that was the only thing I felt confident buying there!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I sold a similar pair of ACA studs J VS/SI for ~$850 a few months ago, for a comparable. I would think half that is fair for uncerted stones with a nice cut like yours seem to have, on the secondary market. :))

atp223

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Dreamer :). I wish I had seen your studs! They sound very similar to the BGD ones I just bought, except almost half the price!

I had changed the price on DB to $450, but just found out the jewelry store I bought them from will buy them back for even more than that. So I might just do that if there are no other takers! Everyone wins!

Thanks for comments, DS and Dreamer :).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is terrific! At least you know you have a sure thing! I'd probably do that if they will give you money and not a credit.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1322598884|3071025 said:
Wow, that is terrific! At least you know you have a sure thing! I'd probably do that if they will give you money and not a credit.

ditto.

atp223

Shiny_Rock
yep! though they do have a 100% upgrade policy, I didn't really want anything else from their store now that I have found PS/PS vendors. I called to ask about buy back/consignment policies. It was a no-go on consignment, but they said they would buy them back at half of what I paid ($500), if I was willing to accept it (in cash/a check). I don't really view it as a loss, since I wore them happily for almost 2 years...it's more like free money :).

thanks again, ladies!

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great outcome :D I have the stomach for I2s, but I know I'm in the minority. Much better this way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results