Re: Vintage Christmas Charm Bracelet -- Pics

More pics

_2523.jpg

_2524.jpg

_2525.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's darling! What year is it from? And where do you find vintage charms every year! It's so cute!

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Thanks. The charms are mostly from the 1950s-1960s. The silver round disc charm I think is from the 70s. I bought each of them seperately in recent years as antiques, so I'm not sure what year each charm was manufactured. I don't think any are more recent than the 1970s.

I bought the silver plain bracelet used. I wanted an empty bracelet to start with. Then found each Christmas charm at antique stores over the past few years. It's fun to add to it. This year I added 5 of the charms. :)

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
They are really stunning!! Charms you choosing are perfect for the coming Christmas!! on more tips, next time can you take some not that metal materials into consideration? I guess some warm materials such as oven or resin beads might be good elements as well, for they will not be that cold in the cold winter. :naughty:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a fun charm bracelet!! I love that - its so very happy to look at!!! Must really clatter when you wear it - which would be so fun to shake away and hear it all rattle!!!

Fun project too, to hunt down the new additions - very nice!

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, it is fun looking for new charms. This year I've added more than I planned. In fact, I added another today. :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
^^^^
we wont believe you without proof ;))

SHow us the new charms!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can say is thank goodness that you mentioned this thread in the general charm bracelet thread in Jewelry Pieces, because otherwise I would never have seen it! For some of us who live in the original thirteen colonies, this forum is frontier territory, the Wild West. I had actually not even known it existed, never mind setting never having set foot here! If I didn't even know this forum was here, how would I ever have found your thread about a Christmas charm bracelet if you decided to put the darned thread here?

This is one of the best charm bracelets I have ever seen. The thread belongs in Jewelry Pieces.

Hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
AGBF|1357956652|3353488 said:
All I can say is thank goodness that you mentioned this thread in the general charm bracelet thread in Jewelry Pieces, because otherwise I would never have seen it! For some of us who live in the original thirteen colonies, this forum is frontier territory, the Wild West. I had actually not even known it existed, never mind setting never having set foot here! If I didn't even know this forum was here, how would I ever have found your thread about a Christmas charm bracelet if you decided to put the darned thread here?

This is one of the best charm bracelets I have ever seen. The thread belongs in Jewelry Pieces.

Aw, thanks! I do enjoy collecting them. I've added a few more since these photos. Eventually it'll probably be packed with dozens of charms and very jingley. I didn't know there were original thirteen colonies here. :) Maybe I'll make a thread for all of my charm bracelets out in the original colonies sometime. I have this Christmas charm bracelet, a birthday bracelet, souvenir travel shields, a college/20s charm bracelet with 100+ charms, and a few childhood charm bracelets. I'm a little addicted. Surprisingly, I never wear them... too noisy.

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi|1357600643|3349873 said:
^^^^
we wont believe you without proof ;))

SHow us the new charms!

Heh, I have added another few. I do need to take more photos of it.

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
I'm debating if I want to make it "double sided" or cram more charms in on the one side.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ringthings|1366443017|3430990 said:
I'm debating if I want to make it "double sided" or cram more charms in on the one side.

I believe I would like all the charms facing in one direction, but you have wonderful taste. I expect that whatever you do will look sensational!

Hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is amazing. What a fun bracelet with lots of great memories.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love Christmas jewelry and I love this bracelet!!! :appl:

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Thanks. :)

I got another charm. I'll have to add another picture when I add the charm to the bracelet.

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
Christmas is getting closer and closer! Time to charm shop.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results