shape
carat
color
clarity

“Yellow diamonds are inferior” what do you think of that statement?

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Yellows are diamonds - white ones are diamonds, pinks ones are diamonds. How attractive they are to you is a personal choice & judgement. But inferior is a pretty powerful word.

Are Dalmatians inferior to golden labs? Are ponies inferior to horses? Are some people inferior to others? Maybe some are more desirable to ‘you’ but not inferior - at least not to me.

Inferior implies an ideal, for the sake of it - and folks who hold arbitrary ideals are the sort I typically steer clear of.

Clearly, I think lower end, yellows are just fine! But I like mutts too!

6A708BBB-8539-43BF-893C-6A31823849CC.jpeg

Beautiful!!!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I happen to like yellow diamonds. It started with us making an impulse purchase of a Fancy yellow cushion at Tiffany's (while on vacation, yes I know that I could have got a similar stone for half-price from a PS vendor).

But that led to Wink sourcing these fancy intense yellow diamonds for a bracelet and pendant for me. BTW the FIY bracelet made with .20s cost me twice the price as my other bracelet from him with .33s.

Sorry but your relative seems uneducated imo.

yellow-diamonds.jpg

sm outdoors overcast IMG_7690.jpg

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
My hand stuttered trying to comment on the beauty of those bracelets. I've never seen anything equal. And together - OMG!
I need to clear my ebay watch list.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Warm diamonds are my favorite! Q/R is my sweet spot. Mine is not a popular opinion and that’s fine with me! Keeps prices for warmer stones down.

While my erings are E, F, and F, I also like warm diamonds too.

Here is my 2.31 Q-VVS2 CBI that cost only 20% of what my 2.79 F-VS1 CBI was. They are indeed a great value.

The color is natural, no color enhancing cup

20191001_231045.jpg

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
That's so true. One of my coworkers didn't know colored diamond exist till she saw my green/yellow in the sun. Then she thought it was the most beautiful diamond she'd ever seen, lol.

I would love to see a photo of your green/yellow.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
In a lot of ways yellow diamonds have a peer pressure image problem.
In a lot of cases People like them until they hear people bad mouth them.
Browns have even more of the problem.

I LOVE light browns in the warmer colors..:kiss2:

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to see a photo of your green/yellow.

700514 700515 700516 700370

A couple in the sun - it's kind of changeable, and the vendor photo. Has strong green fluorescence Mostly, in the sun, it looks like a lime popsicle. Now if only it were bigger!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I LOVE light browns in the warmer colors..:kiss2:
My favorite browns are the mid range ones with a hint of pink in some lighting.
Dark enough to brown-brown rather than yellowish brown but not so dark they dont sparkle, then the pinkish tone in some lighting adds some fun by being able to play spot the pink.
10 years ago or so I have a chance to pick up 2ct tw round earrings like that and superbly cut for $800 asking and likely could have got them for $600.
Kinda kick myself for not getting them but money was tight.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dark enough to brown-brown rather than yellowish brown but not so dark they dont sparkle, then the pinkish tone in some lighting adds some fun by being able to play spot the pink.
10 years ago or so I have a chance to pick up 2ct tw round earrings like that and superbly cut for $800 asking and likely could have got them for $600.

Yeah, I had to promise my husband that I don’t want all the jewels in the world lol

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yes..I love when they have a pink undertone..just gorgeous!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
148198-oval-fancy_intense-vs2-yellow-b71e9(2).jpg sun1.jpg green sun.jpg Fluorescence cropped2.jpg

A couple in the sun - it's kind of changeable, and the vendor photo. Has strong green fluorescence Mostly, in the sun, it looks like a lime popsicle. Now if only it were bigger!

Aaggghhhh!!! I love it!! Gorgeous diamond - from Leibish?
I have a FI yellow emerald cut with strong green fluor. Happy to meet another yellow-to-green lover! It's like having two different rings.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Aaggghhhh!!! I love it!! Gorgeous diamond - from Leibish?
I have a FI yellow emerald cut with strong green fluor. Happy to meet another yellow-to-green lover! It's like having two different rings.

Oh, and your's doesn't require pictures??? I want to see it!

Yes, it's from Leibish. There's one at DBL I'm in love with, but alas, I'm retiring and it's not to be....

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock

Yes, it's from Leibish. There's one at DBL I'm in love with, but alas, I'm retiring and it's not to be....

Yes, yes, yes, I saw that and am lemming it. Spectacular. stone.
set natural light.png intense yellow emerald cut.png recut pavillion.png yellow emerald.png

I saw that marquise, lemming it.
Three photos below, one next to a .40 ST radiant. This emerald is 1.17 ct. and so deep it looks like a molar from the side. In sunlight it looks like a peridot. Came from B2C.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
148198-oval-fancy_intense-vs2-yellow-b71e9(2).jpg sun1.jpg green sun.jpg Fluorescence cropped2.jpg

I'm double-posting by accident, they're going the toss me off. Your ring is amazing. That cut holds color like nothing else.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, yes, yes, I saw that and am lemming it. Spectacular. stone.
set natural light.png intense yellow emerald cut.png recut pavillion.png yellow emerald.png

I saw that marquise, lemming it.
Three photos below, one next to a .40 ST radiant. This emerald is 1.17 ct. and so deep it looks like a molar from the side. In sunlight it looks like a peridot. Came from B2C.

Oh, that's beautiful, and I love the cut and color! Fluorescence is just so cool. Great size, too.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I'm double-posting by accident, they're going the toss me off. Your ring is amazing. That cut holds color like nothing else.

Lol, it needs to. Even though it's .44 it's deep and not very big face up. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results