shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with engagment diamond(Exchanging for better cut)

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
“damn! that one nice. i looked at the plot, you think the inclusions would be an issue?“

Because it’s an ACA it’s assured that any inclusions will not impact light performance or structural integrity. You can read about it here https://www.whiteflash.com/a-cut-above-diamonds-specifications-and-qualifications/. I’m not sure sure how visible they would be and from what distance but you can call them and ask easily enough. To my eye it looks like a great SI1!

Reneli

Shiny_Rock
I don't think so. WF says it's eye clean, which I trust.
I am gonna give them a call today. I am trying to find a nice midpoint between the size she had and optimal light performance. It is not vs1 but as long as its eye clean i guess that is all that really matters

Reneli

Shiny_Rock
“damn! that one nice. i looked at the plot, you think the inclusions would be an issue?“

Because it’s an ACA it’s assured that any inclusions will not impact light performance or structural integrity. You can read about it here https://www.whiteflash.com/a-cut-above-diamonds-specifications-and-qualifications/. I’m not sure sure how visible they would be and from what distance but you can call them and ask easily enough. To my eye it looks like a great SI1!

I think this is a nice balance. while i liked the clarity of the WF I, i was iffy about the color.

Reneli

Shiny_Rock
Looks like a very nice SI1 stone. ;))

So what makes the White flash Si1 G better than the two BGD stones, warranty aside? just curious I looked at the lighting map of all three and the BGD diamonds look more crisp.

Reneli

Shiny_Rock
I don't think so. WF says it's eye clean, which I trust.

Talked to liza today, she said the inclusions were visible from 6 inches if you know where to look but from 10 it was eye-clean. Is this pretty consistent with the definition of eye-clean? or are there some diamonds that are completely clean from any distance?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The GF is going back and forth between this one, WF Si1 G and WF VS2 I
Would a table of 55 still give off lots of fire?
Yes, but is she ok with an I colored stone?

Reneli

Shiny_Rock
Yes, but is she ok with an I colored stone?

I think she is more ok with it than possibly seeing inclusions:shock:
I know it's been said before but I need some hand-holding lol, will the .9 really look that much bigger than the .84 bgd???

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think she is more ok with it than possibly seeing inclusions:shock:
I know it's been said before but I need some hand-holding lol, will the .9 really look that much bigger than the .84 bgd???
I probably can't see the difference IRL...:oops:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
8-) that what I want to hear! She wants me to ask if the .84 will look like fireworks?:lol:
Both are very nice stones...:clap: but the .84ct is one color and one clarity grade higher. You can order both stone and compare it side by side...:wink2:

Reneli

Shiny_Rock
Another beautiful stone! :love: same diameter as the .84ct but in D color and should be eye clean. Something for you to sleep on...:lol:

I know right, you think the d color is worth the extra 400? the depth is slightly bigger, but i doubt that makes a difference.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know right, you think the d color is worth the extra 400? the depth is slightly bigger, but i doubt that makes a difference.
IMO Yes! .... $100 bucks per color grade higher is a great deal! :lol:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So what makes the White flash Si1 G better than the two BGD stones, warranty aside?
I can almost guarantee you will have a better customer service experience with WF, especially if there are problems with your order. Any differences between the actual stones, will most likely not be noticeable to 99% of the population.

Reneli

Shiny_Rock
I can almost guarantee you will have a better customer service experience with WF, especially if there are problems with your order. Any differences between the actual stones, will most likely not be noticeable to 99% of the population.

I’m pushing white flash as I would like the upgrade policy, but she keeps coming back to the bgd stones. I think she is scared of by the inclusion plot of the WF diamonds. I keep trying to reassure her she won’t be able to see any of that in a real world setting. :geek:

Reneli

Shiny_Rock
IMO Yes! .... $100 bucks per color grade higher is a great deal! :lol:

i think so too the only thing is would the D be overkill in a gold setting? We talked about the white gold or platinum head/prongs. She prefers the uniformity of all yellow.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think so too the only thing is would the D be overkill in a gold setting? We talked about the white gold or platinum head/prongs. She prefers the uniformity of all yellow.
Honestly, I think a D in a yellow gold setting would be divine. Just be aware, if you guys were to upgrade the D, you would be severely limited in what you would be able to upgrade to. I believe it would have to be another D, and at least one clarity grade higher. The price increase would be drastic for any noticeable difference in size.

Reneli

Shiny_Rock
Honestly, I think a D in a yellow gold setting would be divine. Just be aware, if you guys were to upgrade the D, you would be severely limited in what you would be able to upgrade to. I believe it would have to be another D, and at least one clarity grade higher. The price increase would be drastic for any noticeable difference in size.

Geat point! definitely something to consider. She did say that whatever diamond we pick she would never want to upgrade because that was the diamond I proposed to her with. lol I am not sure if her mind will change down the road but yea.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Reneli Ultimately do what will make her happy. Just things to keep in mind so you aren't surprised down the road :geek2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Difference between the .9 and the .84. I can see the difference. I think the smaller the stones the easier it is to see the difference (not that these sizes are small) but I mean relative to a 2 carat stone.
Capture.PNG

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@tyty333 for what it's worth, I could tell a size difference between my .8ct solitaire and my .9ct solitaire.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Difference between the .9 and the .84. I can see the difference. I think the smaller the stones the easier it is to see the difference (not that these sizes are small) but I mean relative to a 2 carat stone.
Capture.PNG
I agree. I think the threshold to see size differences is much lower in sub 1ct stones. I personally see the difference here.

Reneli

Shiny_Rock
Interesting I showed here the two white flash diamonds both .9 and 3 BGDs .84 H vs1 .86 D Si1 and .95 G si1. I for sure thought she was gonna gravitate to the bigger stones but she said she likes the .84 and the .86. Any opinions on which one is the better stone?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results