shape
carat
color
clarity

Does shoddy, expensive jewelry make your eye twitch too?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do they save that much from shaving out the gold?

My jeweller makes rings that feel like a tank and charges me by gold weight so he uses what he needs to use quite comfortably. However the final product doesn't even cost that much even with current sky high gold prices so these people must be making a massive profit!
I’m in Taiwan right now so I’ll see if I can find time to pop in a jewelry store. The chain my mom shops at also has locations here so it’d be interesting to see the prices & quality.

So yes, I get upset. But the biggest thing that upsets me is when the price is a rip off in comparison to the quality.
I hear you!

My problem is I started with high end; the level of finishing, even on casual pieces, was outstanding. Later when I decided antiques were better for me and let go of all my designer stuff, I stuck with quality antiques... and to this day, I cant find satisfaction with modern pieces in my price range. But the antiques have such beautiful patina and inside finishing! Prong work! Slenderness! Refinement of lines! So there’s hope for me as long as I stick with the old stuff.

Today’s styles with poor quality casting and lack of fine finish is disheartening. It’s a good thing PS vendors are out there doing extraordinary work for this community. Sensitive eyes and keen perception would never be able to settle for less. Some of the PS pictures really show excellence and it’s inspiring.
You know we share a love of antique jewelry. :kiss2:

It is really hard to find exceptional quality without exceptional prices these days. David Klass is probably one of the best values for custom.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results