shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with engagment diamond(Exchanging for better cut)

Reneli

Shiny_Rock
If she's good with 0.86 I'd be jumping on the H IF. Great proportions, good color and while the clarity is overkill, I do like high clarity stones.

All in your budget to boot.

Fingers crossed your jeweler can get it for you.

fingers crossed!!! :appl:

also, the band my girlfriend picked is somewhat thinner I think the bottom of the ring is 2mm but the shank and top of it get slimmer about 1.75mm so I think that will help appearance-wise.

Reneli

Shiny_Rock
So theres good news and bad news... She couldn't access the stones but i was able to negotiate and get a refund, it cost me $250 but Im getting a refund on the diamond. So my question is, now that the field is wide open should i look at other options? :-o Also when buying from the price scope approved vendors should i just go with the lowest price? right now that 0.86 is listed at three places. Blue nile, adiamore and b2c.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
So theres good news and bad news... She couldn't access the stones but i was able to negotiate and get a refund, it cost me $250 but Im getting a refund on the diamond. So my question is, now that the field is wide open should i look at other options? :-o Also when buying from the price scope approved vendors should i just go with the lowest price? right now that 0.86 is listed at three places. Blue nile, adiamore and b2c.

Personally, I would buy from the place with the best upgrade policy. Read the fine print to see what you're dealing with from each place. You may be the kind of person who will be happy with one diamond ring for the rest of your life, but if you're hanging out here...I doubt it ;)2!

Reneli

Shiny_Rock
If she's good with 0.86 I'd be jumping on the H IF. Great proportions, good color and while the clarity is overkill, I do like high clarity stones.

All in your budget to boot.

Fingers crossed your jeweler can get it for you.

Sledge! So she is on the fence about the 0.86 not against but said she wanted to think on it.
Questions, I found a .9 that scores a 1.1 on the HCA, excellent on everything but scintillation, it was given a very good. but has all advanced imaging and video.
https://www.yadavjewelry.com/diamond/round-diamond-0.9-carat-h-vvs1-yd6867827

The table is larger at 59, but that do you think?

6867827_1.jpg 6867827_2.jpg 6867827_3.jpg 6867827_4.jpg

Reneli

Shiny_Rock
Personally, I would buy from the place with the best upgrade policy. Read the fine print to see what you're dealing with from each place. You may be the kind of person who will be happy with one diamond ring for the rest of your life, but if you're hanging out here...I doubt it ;)2!

Researching this weekend but it seems as though they are all similar regarding upgrades. B2C chargers a restocking fee which puts them at the bottom for me.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
I know you asked Sledge, but I’m sure he’ll agree once he sees this stone...it’s a no. Bad symmetry, big table, excessive painting or digging on the crown and pretty bad leakage on at least one side.

Reneli

Shiny_Rock
I know you asked Sledge, but I’m sure he’ll agree once he sees this stone...it’s a no. Bad symmetry, big table, excessive painting or digging on the crown and pretty bad leakage on at least one side.

All opinions are more than welcome! That was my gut feeling the table looked somewhat messy. I hope she gives the ok for the .86. It is a little nerve wrecking buying a stone without advanced images though! But I’m willing to take the gamble if she gives the ok

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok guys!! Last one lol

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/.../0.848-h-vs1-round-diamond-ags-c-104106086063

She is getting used to the idea of cut being king!
yay or nay?
Oh F--k yes! It's amazing. Only issue is if you upgrade w them you need to upgrade on 2 of the three (carat, color, clarity). BUT on the upside you get a super ideal stone, and it would likely be more expensive from Whiteflash or hpd, who have the best upgrade policies ($1 more, that's it). Personally, I would want the upgrade policy. But if you want size + budget right now, I think the bgd is an amazing choice.

Reneli

Shiny_Rock
Now she's talking !:lol: Beautiful stone! :love: love the proportions! :love:. This one is a no brainer for me..;))

i do love this stone :love: but the upgrade have me thinking:wall:

i never knew searching for a diamond could be this stressful, but it’s so much fun at the same time haha

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know the eye clean thing is subjective, but with WF diamonds how clean is it really? If I go si1 instead of vs I’m worried about her being able to spot the inclusions. Defiantly not a deal breaker but just a little paranoid
Email Liza at [email protected]. Have her pull the diamond and give you her opinion on how eye clean it is. The inclusion on the arrow wouldn’t bother me, but the one under the table might.

If this one doesn’t work out, and you want to go with WF because of the upgrade policy, we can try to find you something else in their inventory :geek2:

Reneli

Shiny_Rock
Don't wanna make things harder, but cheaper + $1 upgrades would make this a winner for me. Lower clarity but eye clean
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4150002.htm

They are both beautiful, after thinking on it my gut is say si1. But if I do that I want to try and go slightly bigger. Question, Her setting is yellow gold with yellow gold prongs(see picture below) because of this, can I afford to go down in color to an I as the yellow prongs are going to add some color to the diamond anyway?

What are everyone’s thoughts on this one?
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4068006.htm

2CC5B582-54F1-4E13-8423-1D3F2928FCC8.jpeg

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both beautiful, after thinking on it my gut is say si1. But if I do that I want to try and go slightly bigger. Question, Her setting is yellow gold with yellow gold prongs(see picture below) because of this, can I afford to go down in color to an I as the yellow prongs are going to add some color to the diamond anyway?

What are everyone’s thoughts on this one?
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4068006.htm

2CC5B582-54F1-4E13-8423-1D3F2928FCC8.jpeg
I like that stone. I am color sensitive but can wear an I without it driving me crazy. And unless she’s sentimental, if the slight tint annoys her and she wants to upgrade to a higher color at some point, you can.

Reneli

Shiny_Rock
I like that stone. I am color sensitive but can wear an I without it driving me crazy. And unless she’s sentimental, if the slight tint drives her annoys her and she wants to upgrade to a higher color at some point, you can.

I think that is the balance I am trying to find! Cleaner diamond/smaller vs bigger/lower color. My thinking is that the gold band will help the I pop and make it appear really white, but hey what do I know :lol: As inclusions go how is this one looking? Better or worse than the one you suggested earlier.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that is the balance I am trying g to find! Cleaner diamond/smaller vs bigger/lower color. My thinking is that the gold band will help the I pop and make it appear really white, but hey what do I know :lol: As inclusions go how is this one looking? Better or worse than the one you suggested earlier.
I’ve heard that rose gold and yellow gold can make a diamond in that range look whiter. I’ve never been a yellow gold ring person, so I can’t speak from personal experience.

In the photo the inclusions look *maybe* slightly worse. But I really don’t think you will be able to see anything in person.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that yellow gold will make an I appear whiter, but I would do a platinum or white gold head or at least prongs so the yellow gold is not reflected in the diamond. I have an I VVS1 which I have loved, but after wearing it for six years I’m willing to go down in clarity but wanting to go up size and color. We all have to start somewhere, but if I could do it all over my first priority would be to buy from Whiteflash or HP Diamonds! That one choice will ensure one of the best cut diamonds from a vendor who stands behind what they own and sell. After that there’s a lot of freedom to move around.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results