shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you wear your diamond pendant 24/7?...

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, bc I dont want to get skin tags. :oops:

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wear whatever pendant is of the moment for days at a time. I don't worry about it. The worst thing is if my hair comes out of its braid and gets tangled around the chain. Ouch!
The only reason I would hesitate is if your are the sort who might pull on the chain while sleeping, it is pain to replace or repair chains.

BlingBliss

Rough_Rock
I recently bought adjustable length chains for exactly this reason. I don’t have long nails but I’m lazy with clasps :) I can slide to make it large enough to put on/off over my head, then adjust to whatever length I want to wear it. No fussing with clasps.

itskcc

Rough_Rock
I have a .75 bezel set diamond necklace that I got when my son was born and I've worn it 24/7 since. He turned 20 this summer! I very rarely take it off and just layer other necklaces over it. Every couple of weeks I give it a good cleaning.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
UPDATE: On Monday morning I put my necklace on and have to take it off. Sleeping with it the first night was odd, but now I'm enjoying not having to struggle with the clasp twice a day! :P2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I take everything off before going to bed..so no to wearing my pendant 24/7. I have forgotten to take it off..but I think over time the chain will twist and weaken it.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
UPDATE: On Monday morning I put my necklace on and have to take it off. Sleeping with it the first night was odd, but now I'm enjoying not having to struggle with the clasp twice a day! :P2

Yay! I also wear my studs & pendant 24/7. I do the cleaning thing in the shower & a super good rinse once my shampoo is rinsed off, holding my pendant into the jet, then each ear in turn. I remove them once a week for a good scrub. I have no issues in the gym & have never damaged them. The studs I have worn for 20 years (gift from my parents) the pendant I have had for 14 years, which husband bought to match my earrings for my birthday 6 weeks after our first date. It was Tiffany. I knew right then he was a keeper! :lol-2:

When I have removed the pendant for more formal dress, such as a wedding where I have accessorised differently, I always have a tiny sense of panic when I go to my neck & it's not there. It's just kind of morphed into a part of me along with my studs, so it feels as natural to me to reach & touch my chain as it does to touch my hair.. They are are beautifully cut, so the still show some twinkle even if a little grubby.

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I already figured I would use the foaming cleanser HPD gave me (to clean my CBIs) for my pendant in the shower. But why did I not think of this??? Doh.

I use the foam, bush the diamond and then bend over and rinse it under the bathroom tap....ultimate in laziness. :whistle:
Once a week a give it a good cleaning.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on how heavy and big the pendant is. I have a few Simon G pendants and they are large so I take those off. My diamond solitaire pendants and smaller ones I just wear. I have alcohol pads and just swipe them to keep them from looking oil. Same with my earrings. I wear them but will take them off to clean them.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I don't sleep with jewelry on.
I learned long ago, on Pricescope, that it's not good for jewelry to rub against the sheets all night long. It wears away at the metal. At that point, I stopped wearing anything at night, even the bracelets I find difficult to attach.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results