shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC hunt begins, how to narrow choices? Need help with guidelines.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday morning! Thank you for joining me in my excitement! I have wanted a diamond like this for many years so I am on cloud 9! People say when the right one comes along, you just know and that's how I felt about this stone. From the first time Alex showed the pair on IG, she was saying "Hello" to me. Never in my wildest dreams did I think she'd be mine. When D&T suggested I ask him about splitting the pair, it was the first time I thought, " Maybe it's possible"?

I'm having a hard time with video, every sparkle was causing the focus to blur. But I was sitting in my recliner, drinking coffee, playing with my stone and was able to get this video. I'll try to get an outside /sun vid later!

I like your new avatar Christy.:halo:
Cannot wait to see video outdoors. It's gonna be sweet.:sun:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your new OEC. Not only is it huge...it’s absolutely beautiful! :love:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a fun thread to catch up on on a Sunday morning!! It is so fun to see you end up with the stone of your dreams! I know it was stressful, but it seems like it was all worth it. Glad it worked out this way for you! Looking forward to seeing the completed ring. And by the way, the 3 bands you have in the photos above are just gorgeous. Can you tell us a little about them? I love unique bands.

Hi @OdetteOdile the eternity is an original art deco era platinum band with mini oecs(an early anniversary gift this year, there's a thread somewhere), the wedding band was made for me by DK. Top band is actually the back of my DK AVR moissanite ring (thats now :cry2:sold and going home to Cali!).

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to see what you are thinking of for a setting!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
O M G !!
That diamond is stunning!! :love:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, guys!
She stunned me, for sure!:lickout:
Have an appointment today with an appraiser, can't wait to see what he says!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Appraised wholesale for just under what I paid, appraised retail for 22-25k. Appraiser said was beautiful stone and I got a good deal. I was worried about the feather, but he said it is minor and not surface reaching so not to give it another thought.
Happy camper:lol:

For DK fans, he looked over my new spinel today too (under a microscope!) He said is exceptionally well made.

And I'm already emails deep with DK, should have cad soon. Yipee!
My fave kind of waiting room reading material at the appraisers: 20190923_153954.jpg

Last edited:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooo beautiful!!! Congrats on finding her!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results