shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher Pendant from GemConcepts and BGD

bethprov

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I wanted to share my new project because it's thanks to pricescope that I was able to work with both of these vendors. I recently purchased a 0.38ct H VVS2 vintage Asscher cut from Yoram at GemConcepts. He is a pleasure to work with, so responsive and kind. I felt very comfortable with the transaction thanks to pricescope reviews and he made everything so easy to get it to me in Florida.

I have worked with Brian Gavin before on 2 other projects. I asked to have my Asscher set into a Barbara bezel, It looks beautiful but unfortunately flips. Initially, we thought shortening the length would help with the flip (I previously had a much longer chain on another Barbara that also flips some) but it still flips. They suggest to add jump rings and make it a fixed bezel and I'm not a fan of that look so I've decided not to. I'm living with it the way it is. With that said, Emily has been very helpful and responsive. Every question I had was answered promptly and I am happy with the craftsmanship of the pendant, it's beautiful in person. If anyone has any input on how to minimize the flipping I'd be open to it!

Neck shots are hard but I did the best I could and the glamour shots have a weird reflection that makes it look like the bottom loop is visible straight on but it's not. I know some think an Asscher isn't the right pick for a pendant but I take it off daily to clean it and it really makes me so happy to have it. I appreciate the cut even in this small size and love seeing it in the mirror. Thanks for looking!

BrianGavin_Bezel_ElizabethP1b_090919.jpg BrianGavin_Bezel_ElizabethP2b_090919.jpg BrianGavin_Bezel_ElizabethP3b_090919.jpg fullsizeoutput_26a1.jpeg

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
This is beautiful! I love the idea of asscher as a pendant - love seeing something different!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! I'm pleased to see another Yoram cut out in the wild :))

Have you been out to candlelit dinner yet to see how it perform in 'old world' lighting? :D

bethprov

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, everyone. I'm really enjoying it. No, I haven't been out to a candlelit dinner but I'll have to make it a priority!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! I think and asscher pendent is divine! I looks beautiful on you!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does look lovely on you!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @OoohShiny!!!
@bethprov, welcome to the GC Vintage Asscher club!!
It’s divine!! I love step cuts, everywhere & anywhere!! Your pendant is beautiful!! Enjoy!!
I totally concur your experience with Yoram; he is a true gem!!!
:love:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
You can always wake me up for things small & perfect!

It is not obvious how to make non-twisting single stone necklaces like this ,(

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, congrats!!!

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
I think the asscher is perfectly suited for a pendant it is lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results