shape
carat
color
clarity

A lost Balinese cat decided to come visit

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
We have the sweetest Balinese (long-haired Siamese) that hubby Steven and I adore, coddle and spoil with abandon. Steven has a severe pet allergy and cannot tolerate dogs at all and cats moderately so. However, our sweet cat Jazzy is fine with his allergies.

Fast forward to yesterday afternoon when a sweet female Balinese (looks like a female version of him) showed up and decided to follow a neighbor into his garage and wouldn't leave. She even jumped in his car. Steven went outside and the neighbor asked if it was our cat (it looks like ours).

I was in a meeting and my phone blew up with questions, pleas for help and commentary. It started with "Great, I have this cat and don't know what to do!", "What do I do?!", "She HATES the cat carrier!", "She won't leave"...and so on.
received_668076270268758.jpeg

"Well", I replied, "take her to the guest room, grab a spare litterbox and let her out of the carrier".
He didn't want to bring her in, but he did. I came home and fell in love. Isn't that how it goes? Steven took her to the vet to have her scanned for a chip - no chip. The vet said she We called the SPCA to check for a missing report and we made a lost and found post. We also sent out a email through the neighborhood association.

She is so overly affectionate and clingy we wondered if she might be in heat. She bottomed off the can of cat food and slept in the guest room snuggling with my sister, who happened to arrive yesterday from out of town. Now we wait and see if she is abandoned or an outdoor cat.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww! What a sweetheart. :kiss2:
Please be careful and bring her to the veterinarian for a toothbrush test to R/O Ringworm. In the meantime keep her separated from Jazzy. Do not take a chance.

I hope it works out and she becomes a loving new addition to your wonderful family!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Aww! What a sweetheart. :kiss2:
Please be careful and bring her to the veterinarian for a toothbrush test to R/O Ringworm. In the meantime keep her separated from Jazzy. Do not take a chance.

I hope it works out and she becomes a loving new addition to your wonderful family!

Thank you Missy. We will (if not found) check for FIV and other issues and have a full vetting. Keeping cats apart for now.

I have watched your ringworm thread. We had that run rampant through our family when we lived on a farm and petted the farm cats. My sympathies! It cleared up with medication and time, although my poor mom had several instances of it. The doctor said a farm a place that would naturally have plenty of ringworm fungus.

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
You likely made that 9 year old and his/her family so happy knowing that their sweet one was in good company while they looked for her. Really inspires me that there are such caring people out there like you that would stop and help like you did. Now I have to go look up Balinese- they look like a gorgeous breed. I have a Russian Siberian and would be freakin lost without her.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, great news! So nice of you to take care of this kitty @moneymeister <3

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @junebug and @facetgirl

My Balinese (old-style apple head) is so special because he has been hypoallergenic for hubby. Many people find them to be hypoallergenic for folks with cat allergies. My husband has never before had the pleasure of snuggling with a kitty without an allergy flare. We adore our fuzz monster. I'm a person who does better with animals than most people.

I think the owner was a little miffed I "rescued" her outdoor kitty. However, the kitty acted strangely and we wanted to be sure everything was okay.

A little grumble: who lets an expensive and super friendly Siamese kitty run around in a densely populated neighborhood without a chip?

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
My Russian Siberian is also hypo allergenic. I never thought we'd be able to have a cat or a dog and I'm just so grateful that we came across the potential to have our own little "fuzz monster" (I love that moniker @moneymeister and will use it from here on in. We usually just call her "The Fuzz" or "Fuzzy").

Perspective- that's what the owner likely needs. Their situation could have gone a number of ways and they were really lucky.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
that's so lovelly her family found her but also just wounderful you took care of her and loved and feed her
your a cat angel moneymeister

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Owners found...yay. A little 9-year-old came to claim her <3.

Wonderful news!

I think the owner was a little miffed I "rescued" her outdoor kitty. However, the kitty acted strangely and we wanted to be sure everything was okay.

Aw that's too bad. I don't think kitties are good as outdoor kitties under most (not all) circumstances and this seems to be one where the kitty prefers to be indoors. :((

A little grumble: who lets an expensive and super friendly Siamese kitty run around in a densely populated neighborhood without a chip?

And yes please why isn't that cat microchipped? Sounds negligent to me. Though I will go one step further and say all people who have cats/dogs (expensive or not) should get their cats/dogs microchipped.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
My Russian Siberian is also hypo allergenic. I never thought we'd be able to have a cat or a dog and I'm just so grateful that we came across the potential to have our own little "fuzz monster" (I love that moniker @moneymeister and will use it from here on in. We usually just call her "The Fuzz" or "Fuzzy").

Perspective- that's what the owner likely needs. Their situation could have gone a number of ways and they were really lucky.

I have only seen pictures of the Russian Siberian, but I think they are some of the most majestic cats! That beautiful coat <3 I's so glad that your allergies are safe and you can have a little "fur monster" too. My little guy is also known as Mr. McFluffypants because he has lovely butt feathers (lol...I don't know the technical term here!).

I am glad it worked out for them. The cat is so precious. I love every animal I ever met, too. :)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
that's so lovelly her family found her but also just wounderful you took care of her and loved and feed her
your a cat angel moneymeister

I'm happy for her family but I don't think I did anything that anyone of you beautiful ladies wouldnt have done too. I <3 people who <3 animals.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful news!

Aw that's too bad. I don't think kitties are good as outdoor kitties under most (not all) circumstances and this seems to be one where the kitty prefers to be indoors. :((

And yes please why isn't that cat microchipped? Sounds negligent to me. Though I will go one step further and say all people who have cats/dogs (expensive or not) should get their cats/dogs microchipped.

Definitely this little princess loves to love on people. What a fortunate owner. I hope she gets her chipped now. IT would have saved everyone discomfort (and time) in this situation, including the kitty.

I caught up on the kitty RW thread this morning. I have nothing to add buy my heart is honestly breaking for you and your dh (and kitties) what a terribly rough summer you have hard with their health!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @junebug and @facetgirl

I am strongly anti-outdoor cat, unless it is a feral, semi feral or barn cat. There are too many dangers to them. And no chip, no collar with a tag, if they are doing that? I hope she was at least spayed.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful news!

Amen! I totally agree.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I am strongly anti-outdoor cat, unless it is a feral, semi feral or barn cat. There are too many dangers to them. And no chip, no collar with a tag, if they are doing that? I hope she was at least spayed.

I hope she is spayed as well. I have her number, I may text her this evening and tell her about my concerns. I'm sure she'll see me as a busybody.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! And who lets a nine year old come alone to a stranger's house to fetch the missing cat?
I was annoyed when I read this. Shouldn't a parent/adult have come as well?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Yes! And who lets a nine year old come alone to a stranger's house to fetch the missing cat?
I was annoyed when I read this. Shouldn't a parent/adult have come as well?

The sitter sat in the car and sent the child in to collect the cat. That was really weird too.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sitter sat in the car and sent the child in to collect the cat. That was really weird too.
I bet you felt uneasy giving that kitty back..............:sick:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I bet you felt uneasy giving that kitty back..............:sick:

You know, we did. That sweet baby, I hope it lives a long life in spite of its environment.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
So glad she was claimed! Hopefully the owners will do better safekeeping!

I have a Balinese too! She just turned 16.
1DB50408-FC54-4A60-861F-CB1A07EEA2D2.jpeg

What a sweet girl! What is her personality like? Jazzy is so delightfully odd, but super affectionate (on his terms, but heh, to be expected).

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet girl! What is her personality like? Jazzy is so delightfully odd, but super affectionate (on his terms, but heh, to be expected).

She’s haughty, I’d say. Won’t eat unless I feed her. Won’t be petted unless it’s my hands. Won’t play with other cats, and catches “mice” (which are toys) at 3am and tells the world all about it at top volume!
3C253A2C-DC17-4FA5-B62B-A7FFCBEE30E1.jpeg

Rescued her through the local shelter (HSP is a joke in the photo below, it stands for Humane Society of Pinellas) after my beloved had died and I was still in mourning. She’d been through hell, but I poured love into her and she gave it right back. I think of her as the Downton Abbey grandmother: smart and savvy, and only sweet to her own!
FD052EA3-0DAC-424D-8A67-A08244B307F5.jpeg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I am so glad that she was claimed! Hopefully the owners will do better safekeeping!

I'm afraid she still comes around and visits sometimes. I guess the neighborhood is keeping an eye on her.

PS: welcome to Pricescope!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
She’s haughty, I’d say. Won’t eat unless I feed her. Won’t be petted unless it’s my hands. Won’t play with other cats, and catches “mice” (which are toys) at 3am and tells the world all about it at top volume!
3C253A2C-DC17-4FA5-B62B-A7FFCBEE30E1.jpeg

Rescued her through the local shelter (HSP is a joke in the photo below, it stands for Humane Society of Pinellas) after my beloved had died and I was still in mourning. She’d been through hell, but I poured love into her and she gave it right back. I think of her as the Downton Abbey grandmother: smart and savvy, and only sweet to her own!
FD052EA3-0DAC-424D-8A67-A08244B307F5.jpeg

When you posted this, I was so charmed by your sweet lady, but I forgot to answer. I am terrible sometimes. She is lovely! The 3AM announcements are so funny! I only wish they spoke English.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results