carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dang, I can't keep up.. :)

Okay first off, I no longer have the implant, after excrutiating pain last night we went in and dang dang it hurt to come out but I do feel a bit better, now he sees no infection but I did with the pus coming out, he is great we both agree that no more implants for in my lower right jaw and there are other options to assist in that area of my mouth. thank God,

@marcy I would consider buying a CBI myself for your very same reason! but after EVER uh... my husband may not be thrilled to hear that :) yup our mom's made the best of what they could with the money they had and we today I have comfort food that I could eat weekly if John would :) Friday night dinner (partying) with friends, I'm in! xoxo

@junebug17 Hi June, our mom's had a bunch of names for dishes that were easy, cheap and kids liked, like Welsh Rarbit, ha! we called it Velveeta on Toast :) melted velveeta with some mustard and two pices of whitebread toast it worked on Friday nites if there wasn't any fish in the house :) my kids have no clue how good they had it. I'm glad you are feeling a bit better June and yes life would be horrid without Advil! xoxo

@Mamabean Hi Joanne! love the blue topaz it's beautiful.. I love blue stones, yellow stones, diamonds you name it.. I had to laugh when I read the 'vegall' I never did that but I should have! my mom didn't that would have required her to open a can and I'm sure she had some Irish reason for not mixing vegetables but she wouldn't.. I miss her. Oh year I have the chicken, broccolli and mayo/cream of chicken soup and a chicken mushroom soup/sherry both on rice, hell those were staples for John and I when the boys were growing up! now we try to eat better :) I used to work for an organization that did historic preservation reports, man they are tough if you do one little thing, you have to be careful and I believe your 'fix' was perfect :) have a great rest of day girl xoxoxo

@bling_dream19 your pendant is beautiful.. it looks wonderful on you, did you do a SMB on it? seems like in the far reaches of my odster mind I remember seeing it? gawd i'm old. I am with you BlingD it's the people who make this place like home to me, I mean I always knew there were other bling lovers but I found my soul sisters and few bros.. and kindness, understand, love and happiness here! glad you are here! xoxo

@missy Hello Missy the magnificent.. I am sorry about your damn laptop, it sucks I hate when my machine doesn't work, I have an ANCIENT Dell machine that I bring out if something goes wrong, that Dell weighs like 8 lbs..it is slow but it does the job. OOOHHH that ring of yours really shines, I thought and this is true, that moissante sometimes sparkles more than diamonds, at least the ones I saw at MrsB's last year, gorgeous stuff.. yours is magnificent. Missy peach ice cream and coffee ice cream are my most favorite, there is NOTHING like a delicious dish of peach ice cream when I was a kid I would dream about peach! I'm so glad you and Greg ran into your friend, I remember reading about him, I'm not sure if it was this year or last year, he looks like a great guy and your great guy! GREG, what a perfect partner in life, I know we should never say anyone is perfect but I must really say, you and Greg are like a perfect violin being played at Carnegie Hall, the sound is beautiful. Sorry about the tire too, dang. My machine has told me someone else has posted on our thread here so maybe it is you with an update on the cats, BUT if I go look at it I will lose at least 1/2 my post here so I hope all went well. xoxoxo to you and Greg.. and the kids of course.

@Calliecake Hi Callie!!!!! I had the implant removed and we shall see tonite if I wake up in agony again or sleep, why do you have screws in your mouth? I personally think when implants work they are a dream, my problem is 9 times out of 10 mine don't ending up with osteomyelitis, my physician said that he saw no infection but that doesn't mean it isn't there, since I had seen pus on 3 different times, I try to keep my hands out of my mouth when I had this stuff going on :) I will never have an implant again enough.. as I said, they are GREAT when they work, like having a real took, and you have to take care of them like real teeth, they can get infections around the implant just like a good old root on real tooth and it hurts worse to have the implant pulled out I tell you, today I had 8 shots of novocaine or whatever they use to sort of numb me up, I asked them to get John because I was crying and I hate that, but girl it was torture.. I have a long history of abscessed teeth and I have a long history of dental work and I have a long history of taking care of my teeth well seriously I have flossed 40 years get my teeth cleaned bi-annually for years and years, had braces, had surgery 3x for an accident etc.. so what is going on with me is genetics the doctor said. John has never had an abscessed tooth or a tooth pulled ever. Boy I am going on, sorry girl.. Oh Callie how wonderful that you are keeping your grandniece! I can't wait to read what you do with her.. it's such a blessing to your niece to have you I tell you that.. a real blessing, I bet she loves you totally, if she trusts you with her baby that means she trusts you with her life.. you are wonderful.. Have a great time with the little one.. Thanks Callie for all your kind words and thoughtfulness I am indeed lucky to know you. xoxoxo

Well I started this thing an hour ago so I'm going to sign off, here's to hoping for a real, decent night's sleep for me.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Tekate Omg..I felt so bad when I read you cried and asked for John...You poor thing! I’m happy that darn thing is out! It will start to feel better soon. :(2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate I will be back tomorrow AM to post but right now have to go and clean up some more explosive diarrhea from poor Fred. Cat update in the RW thread. But I had to come here and give you big (((HUGS))) and sending so much love your way. And sending bucketloads of healing dust your way. Praying it all heals without any complications and that you start feeling much better very soon! Dear Kate the very great. XOXO.

Hi everyone! I will post tomorrow. Have a good night and sweet dreams.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@bling_dream19 My daughter-in-law is Jewish....Her mom told her they couldn’t get married before sundown on Saturday because of the Sabbath. The reception was to be held at President Washington’s historic home...but the home had to be closed at ten which would have not worked out for the reception after the wedding. I suggested that they get married on Saturday after sundown but have the reception the next day..on Sunday. I gave the Wedding Dinner instead of the rehearsal dinner. Close family and friends attended the wedding which kept it intimate and meaningful. There were around seventy people so it was a mini wedding...She even had two gowns...one for each night...It was so much fun to do this for them. The next day they had the reception...It was a fun weekend!
Having it on a Wednesday will be a challenge for some people...so they may only be able to make the Saturday wedding. Try not to worry about that...The people that can make it work will come on Wednesday...If you are getting married in an area with things to do you can make up little brochures of fun activities in the area to bridge the time between Wednesday and Saturday. I bet there will be people that will make a vacation out of the time...even a family reunion...
I forgot to mention...I have the 2.3 mm pink sapphire band from Sarriel....I love it..

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, my wardrobe malfunction was approached with amusement. I always have a sweater and jacket at work so I had plenty of “cover” material if necessary. I wore cotton today. I am so glad your energy level is up but colds this time of year seem to linger. I hope you start to feel way better soon. Yes, that is very kind of Dee Jay to send me the one Snoopy book I am missing. She is way more considerate than my sister. LOL. I am glad I have diamonds to compare and I don’t regret having either one of them. Thank you, I appreciate your kind words; I like them a lot.

Missy, I hated to hear you had a tire go bad today. Greg is the man; nice he got it fixed and made it to a dealer. Like you guys needed more problems. Nice that your husband, the saint; got your laptop turned in to fix. Apple should fix it up right away. LOL, I did have a cocktail for you and me both. I should have just had one for you. I’m not impaired so did drive home but one more sip would have been a different story. We debated between a second glass of wine or dessert; we both opted for a second glass. Then they filled them to the brim. There is totally a joke in there about a soggy bun; luckily my sandwich was fine for lunch today. Peach ice cream sounds fabulous. Nice to run in to J; it’s good to catch up with friends. Your Moissy is fabulous; very pretty stone. Missy I had to hear about Fred but maybe getting all of that out of him he will feel better and start eating again. That sound promising to me the RW seems to be less prominent. Hoping things are improving for the better.

Callie, I’m with you on not wanting to get implants. They had to pull a tooth of mine about 7 years ago now and I haven’t done anything to replace it. My allergies are better today; it looks like that bad smoke cloud moved your direction and blew out of here. I didn’t have a coughing attack at all last night. Nice. My wardrobe malfunction was funny; I got out trusty old non-slick cotton clothes to wear today. Luckily they keep it chilly at work so buttoning up my sweater was fine; I was warm in my car driving home though. You do have a fun and busy week planned. I know you’ll have a blast with your grandniece. She’ll have lots of good stories for you. Enjoy. Are you feeling okay now?

Bling Dream, my knee is slightly better. Thank you. Fall is a very nice time of the year; sadly it’s quickly followed by 8 months of winter here. How are you doing? I have a total RHR obsession. That is cool to get married on Wednesday but I see the dilemma of people being able to attend on a Wednesday - especially those who have to travel. A friend of our got marred at at justice of the peace then did a church wedding but they were about a year apart. Best timing ever - during the church wedding they asked if there is anyone who objects … and there was the biggest crack of thunder ever. It shook the church. The cluster pendant is gorgeous. I have 2 sisters; how many do you have? The one is rather judge-mental and bitter the other one is overly sensitive and has a sense of entitlement. I don’t know how I turned out different than both, but I did which is why I was named the trustee of my parent’s estate. Sweet you love teddy bears and mermaids. Yes, I am kind of a clean freak and drive others crazy so I try to keep it less frantic. I am excited for your sapphire band. Neither Marty or I take things too seriously but having a rumor like that out there is kind of unsettling. I bet your lavender spinel is gorgeous. Spinel is a great gemstone. Pictures?

Mamabean, I love that color of blue. I had a blue zircon solitaire ring once - one of those things I sold to buy more jewelry. That’s great your couch is such resistant to dirt and stains. I used to make a cream of chicken casserole too; the soup, chicken over rice. It was quite tasty. My mom used to make a lot of jello salads and desserts; I only liked it when I was sick though. What a hassle to get an approval to remove a dead tree. We have to get approvals on any outside changes from our HOA; so far we haven’t done anything that required the consent. Ooh to a pink sapphire band - is there a thread on it?

Kate, I am so sorry you had to have your implant pulled. I hope you are doing better now. You can tell John you are buying a CBI for scientific purposes; to see if light really can be refracted differently in an ideal cut diamond. I am a total enabler. Yes, many things I consider childhood comfort food were things made from scratch and on a budget. Sometimes we just have to fix them, huh? All right for being in for dinner and drinks with friends. Hoping someday many of us NIRDI’s can do that. We used to have butter Rainbow bread with cinnamon and sugar on it. It was quite a treat as a kid.

I had a great time at supper with my girl friend. She is recovering really well from her hip replacement and is working full time again. I got home about 7:30 and my 2 glasses of wine must have made me slippy I am yawning big time while I am typing this.

Tomorrow is Wednesday. Woo hoo!

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Yesterday ran away with us, as I went to Pilates which was a big of a struggle, and we went to the cinema to see the Downton Abbey film. We both really enjoyed it.

Wow @bling_dream19 , I love the band and what a great price too, it looks so pretty. I’ve been dithering as to whether I want a band to wear with Bella, and modern diamonds just don’t go, but perhaps a coloured stone band would! Your cluster pendant is really lovely and exactly the type of piece you’d get a lot of wear out of.

:lol: Next on the list is the utility room @Tekate, it’s only a small room but we’ve decided to change the sink and worktop and the tiled splashaback. We changed the units when we moved in, so this is the final thing that needs doing. How’re you feeling today? I really hope that Toothgate will be over soon.

How great that DeeJay got your book for you @marcy. I’m glad it wasn’t a cold, where’s the smoke coming from? We’re not staying in Austin for Christmas, they came here last year, so it’s her family’s turn this year, and also, our dog sitters don’t work over Christmas. I know she wouldn’t know any difference, but I also wouldn’t want to leave Dottie over Christmas. Great news that Marty has picked up another client, better for clients to come in one at a time than a huge rush. Enjoy your liquid meals with friends :P2

Thanks for the recommendation @Mamabean, the band is lovely, and I bet looks great with aquas too. I hope your life is less stressful and you’re taking time for yourself. :love: Your bling projects, nice to have a distraction from the problems, and you thoroughly deserve to treat yourself.

It doesn’t hurt that I actually like decorating @Calliecake, so we’ll be painting the utility room this weekend in readiness for the small makeover. Sounds like you’ll be having fun with your grandniece this weekend as well as a busy week. I’m not surprised that you’re having second thoughts about implants, I did hear of one or two patients having problems, but nothing like poor Tekate and Slick have experienced. On the whole, they went well and patients were delighted with the results.

I hope you’re feeling better @junebug17 and you’re on top of the cold and on the mend.

Oy indeed @missy. Poor little Bobby :(2 I really hope the lime dips went well yesterday and the kitties weren’t too traumatised. Are they still eating OK? I remember when you got your new computer and it wasn’t that long ago, they just don’t make anything to last these days, is it still within warranty? I know you can’t get back to the store at the moment, what a pain.

The delivery men have already been with the dressing table, and they put it together before they left. The legs were definitely wrong last time, as these just slotted in to place with no resistance at all.

I’m really worried about Dottie, as I mentioned before, she’s had some stiffness in her left front leg, but yesterday evening, she was really hobbling and I was going to ring the vet this morning for an appointment. I’m slightly reluctant to take her because she hates going, and I don’t want them putting her through endless tests or giving her lots of drugs because we have insurance. This morning, she’s a lot better, so I don’t know what to do. I’ve manipulated her leg, and I know if she was in pain she’d be yelping. Tom has also now said he can’t have her when we go away in Nov/December. I’ve contacted my friend Anne who’s happy to have her, just means a 4hr+ journey, which I’m happy to do to know she’s being well taken care of.

Wishing all the lovely NIRDIs a wonderful Wednesday :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies.

@missy Hello Missy the magnificent.. I am sorry about your damn laptop, it sucks I hate when my machine doesn't work, I have an ANCIENT Dell machine that I bring out if something goes wrong, that Dell weighs like 8 lbs..it is slow but it does the job. OOOHHH that ring of yours really shines, I thought and this is true, that moissante sometimes sparkles more than diamonds, at least the ones I saw at MrsB's last year, gorgeous stuff.. yours is magnificent. Missy peach ice cream and coffee ice cream are my most favorite, there is NOTHING like a delicious dish of peach ice cream when I was a kid I would dream about peach! I'm so glad you and Greg ran into your friend, I remember reading about him, I'm not sure if it was this year or last year, he looks like a great guy and your great guy! GREG, what a perfect partner in life, I know we should never say anyone is perfect but I must really say, you and Greg are like a perfect violin being played at Carnegie Hall, the sound is beautiful. Sorry about the tire too, dang. My machine has told me someone else has posted on our thread here so maybe it is you with an update on the cats, BUT if I go look at it I will lose at least 1/2 my post here so I hope all went well. xoxoxo to you and Greg.. and the kids of course.

Dear Kate, how are you feeling this AM? I am sorry the implant had to be removed but now I hope and pray you are healing and feeling better. You are on my mind. I am sending you continued bucketloads of healing dust and lots of love. Thanks for your lovely comments about Greg and well everything. You are such a warm and kind and generous loving individual. I admire everything about you Kate and your wise philosophy of life too.

The peach ice cream was fab and the coffee espresso ice cream delish. I am borrowing Greg's computer (before he needs it and then I have to go to Mr Clunky computer) so I can share a photo because Mr Clunky computer doesn't have access to the photos. Here you go. Coffee Espresso. Wish you could join us Kate. Ice cream goes down so easily.:lickout: And we needed an espresso boost yesterday for sure.

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 4.35.29 AM.png

And I second @marcy 's wish for dinner and drinks with the NIRDIs...or perhaps a weekend of pampering at a spa? When life calms down everyone is invited over and we will cook a grand meal complete with baked goods. Just saying. :appl: I look forward to calmer and happier times. XOXO.

Speaking of which @Scandinavian how is your mom doing? Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping it is a good week for your mom. (((Hugs))).

@Slick1 hope your week is going well. Sending you hugs and love.

Missy, I hated to hear you had a tire go bad today. Greg is the man; nice he got it fixed and made it to a dealer. Like you guys needed more problems. Nice that your husband, the saint; got your laptop turned in to fix. Apple should fix it up right away. LOL, I did have a cocktail for you and me both. I should have just had one for you. I’m not impaired so did drive home but one more sip would have been a different story. We debated between a second glass of wine or dessert; we both opted for a second glass. Then they filled them to the brim. There is totally a joke in there about a soggy bun; luckily my sandwich was fine for lunch today. Peach ice cream sounds fabulous. Nice to run in to J; it’s good to catch up with friends. Your Moissy is fabulous; very pretty stone. Missy I had to hear about Fred but maybe getting all of that out of him he will feel better and start eating again. That sound promising to me the RW seems to be less prominent. Hoping things are improving for the better.

Thank you Marcy for all your kind comments. Greg went to Apple yesterday and had to really beg to get seen as there were no appointments available til next week. Over the phone they told him no appts til next week but if he walked in he could maybe be seen. It is over 30 minutes away (like we have any extra time in the day no we don't) so he went and at the store they said it would be over a 2 hour wait. But he was able to talk to a manager and somehow he got in to be seen in 30 minutes sweet. It will take them 3-5 business days to fix (hopefully they can fix it) so in the meantime I am on the old Mr Clunky though at the moment I am borrowing Greg's "good" computer. Which is still clunky compared to my Air. I miss my Air. So it goes.

As far as a choice between wine and dessert I say have both. Life is short and we need to make it as sweet as possible. Glad you drive safely and never drive impaired. Smart cookie. Haha see what I did there? Yummm cookies. Glad you enjoyed a lovely dinner with your girlfriend and that she is recovering nicely from her hip surgery. LOL 7:30 is the time I get ready for bed these days. Have a good day at work Marcy and sending you hugs.

@missy thanks friend for chiming in and I am more than open to others chiming in. I'm really torn with how to plan this wedding. At this point, I have 3 wedding bands and no wedding date!!! That's when you know you're a PS bling diva!
Ok, that's great to know that neither ceremony felt diluted and both felt special. It just is a lot to ask people to come to a wedding on a Wednesday. Do you think folks will feel like what's the point of the 2nd ceremony on a Saturday if we were married a few days prior on Wednesday? I've asked my cousin and her husband how they would feel taking off of work to come to a Wed wedding and they were excited and happy to do it! My sister and husband my 2 8 year old nieces would sacrifice taking off of work and school and that would be a lot on them but she said she would do it. Lots to think about. Thanks for helping. DF will be here tonight so we will keep talking and figuring out what's best for us.

@bling_dream19 I 100% think you and your FI should do what works best for you. If that is to have 2 ceremonies than that is what you should do. If it is to have just one Wednesday ceremony then that is what you should do. Talk it over and think about it and see who can come and who might not be able to come who you want to come. If everyone you want to come will then I guess it is an easy decision. From our personal experience we loved both ceremonies and they were both special in different ways. They were both romantic and memorable. The weather here has been perfect and I hope you are enjoying some gorgeous weather too. What season were you thinking about for your wedding? Summer/Spring/Winter or Autumn. They all have pros and cons.
And remember you cannot go wrong when you are marrying the love of your life!

@Austina I am sorry about Dottie and I would take her to get checked out even though she is better today. Sometimes it is better to be safe than sorry and a little stress is worth it if it helps prevent a bigger issue. I am glad Annie can watch her when you go away next trip. What a relief and peace of mind.

Thanks for your good thoughts for the kitties. Fred is barely eating and even Bobby is eating less. And Tommy is definitely losing weight but that could be partly due to his overactive thyroid that we are not treating at the moment. It's a long struggle every morning/every day but we take it one step at a time. I feel Bobby's RW area is getting larger but we will see since the vet was unsure if it is new RW or not. The computer is under warranty it turns out. 2 years old and we have Apple Care which is 3 years. But if they cannot fix it not sure what that means. Hope you get Dottie's health issue sorted out and it turns out to be nothing of concern. XO.

@AV_ good morning. How are you doing? Any delicious fruit you are enjoying? Blackberries still in season? The blueberries here aren't sweet anymore so sadly my favorite snack is no longer good. Summer went so fast this year. Hope you are having a good week. Hugs.

@Mamabean how are you doing? How is your week going? Hoping you are feeling well and that things are going as smoothly as possible. Sending you love and hugs. And let's see any bling you have to share with us bling sister. :kiss2: Speaking of bling...

Thanks for the AVC love all. @Tekate I just love this ring. It is me. Simple elegance IMO. :sun: Not to say I am elegant no that came out wrong but more my style is simple. Yes that is what I mean.:cool2:
Still photo from the car trip to the vet yesterday. Sun streaming in through the windows.

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 4.48.13 AM.png

OK off to eat some breakfast and then start the cleaning. The cats got their meds and ate a little bit. It's a struggle. I definitely see Bobby's newest RW area increasing in size. I do not love his vet. I don't think she is great. But we have little choice here and I just hope we get the cats through this. Poor Fred. He obviously has something else going on besides (in addition to) RW but we don't yet know what it is. What a summer this has been and it will be continuing into Autumn but we are going to continue taking it one day and one hour at a time. Sending you all hugs and love.

Leaving you with our mileage of the cycling season 2019 so far...

Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 4.58.51 AM.png

Not bad...only 187 miles left to go til we hit 6K woohoo.
bikebikebike.gif
bikebikebike.gif

Have a great Wednesday girls. XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy, I’ve made an appt for Monday at 10.00am. I know she’s not in pain, she jumped in and out of the car this morning, and walked around just fine. I’m thinking probably arthritis, but we’ll see what they say on Monday.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy, I’ve made an appt for Monday at 10.00am. I know she’s not in pain, she jumped in and out of the car this morning, and walked around just fine. I’m thinking probably arthritis, but we’ll see what they say on Monday.

Glad you have an appointment for Monday and yes let's hope it is *just* arthritis. That can be controlled with pain management and even anti inflammatories. If that is the diagnosis I am happy to share what I know as Fred has been dealing with severe arthritis for a few years now. Good luck Austina and good luck sweet Dottie. (((Hugs))).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy, our old boys were all arthritic towards the end, it just makes me sad to think that Dottie won’t be around forever :cry2:

Reactions: AV_

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina I’m sorry little Dottie is feeling a little sore...It’s probably arthritis..but I would take her in to see the vet...Bailey is on one Rimadyl in the morning and evening. He has arthritis but he’s a trooper...doesn’t complain...I just see him getting up and down slowly...The vet keeps checking his blood work to make sure the Rimadyl is still okay to take...How old is Dottie? Bailey will be eleven in mid November. I’m worried like you about them getting older...:(2
The bling that’s coming today is not really all new bling...One is the previous ER setting with new diamond baguettes and set temporarily with a topaz...The other one is my moissanite set by David in a hexagon setting...I sent it back because the edges were too sharp for me...I asked him to buff out the sharp edges and make them a little softer. The new bling is my pendant..made by David set with pale blue moissanite. I’ve stopped buying for a while...It has been a very stressful year so I overdid on bling. It’s like I kept trying to make myself happy when I was feeling down ...I’m armchair analyzing my bling obsession! :lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dottie is 9 @Mamabean, and when we first got her, the average life expectancy of Spinone was about 9, although of course there are exceptions. It just seems that she’s suddenly got old. We’re just in a dilemma about what to do about future travel arrangements with her. I KNOW she’d hate being crated and put on a plane for 10 hours, but in order to get her across the ocean, we’ve literally got to book now to get a kennel for 2 years forward. We’re going to look at the ship on Sunday so can hopefully have a good look at the kennel and exercise area.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina I understand that would be stressful for Dottie to make that trip by air... When are you moving to Texas? Each time we moved within the states here...my husband would drive our dogs part of the way...stay in a hotel with them.....and drive the rest of the way. He did that when we moved with Gordie from New Jersey to Missouri and again with Bailey from Missouri to Pa. I couldn’t put either of them on a plane. Gordie was a nervous dog..and Bailey too...That’s obviously not an option for you...A ship would be the best..I looked it up briefly and there is a ship..Cunard...I think that’s the spelling...I don’t know if they take dogs but my guess would be they would. I would take it with Bailey so he wouldn’t be as afraid...
Bailey is a mixed larger breed so the vet said 10-12 years for him. It makes me so nervous. I will be a puddle...He will be our last dog...No dog could replace him...<3

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy Your top story reminds me why I do not have anything that isn't cotton, linen or silk to my name, and not for lack of trying; I look old school & so be it - better old school than naked.

@missy Great ring! The stone just fits - size, shape, everything; what if it were blue?
I have lost track of the blackberries, which is not a good thing - they are just past ripe, and, of course, the not many remaining at the end of the season are the best. I sort of overlook what is not in season - what good are fruit without taste ,( I have enlisted a local grocer to get me garden things; the prices are too low for people to bother unless one asks, so I get to see beautiful things going back into the ground everywhere in neighbours gardens; no one bargains, of course (good things without price!). This time, at the beginning (still!) of a new round of work is always draining - I am happy to have a couple of very nice lines of conversation to carry, but then, this is quite a sport.

will catch up

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it’s the Queen Mary 2 @Mamabean, it’s the only ocean going liner and the only ship to have kennels. Adam applies for citizenship in January, it’s currently running at 10 months for him, then 10.5 months for us, so realistically we’re looking at the nearest sailing being November 2021. That’ll get us in to NY, then we’ll have to drive the rest of the way. In my heart I don’t think she’ll still be with us, but we have to plan.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, it’s the Queen Mary 2 @Mamabean, it’s the only ocean going liner and the only ship to have kennels. Adam applies for citizenship in January, it’s currently running at 10 months for him, then 10.5 months for us, so realistically we’re looking at the nearest sailing being November 2021. That’ll get us in to NY, then we’ll have to drive the rest of the way. In my heart I don’t think she’ll still be with us, but we have to plan.
I hope she will be...<3

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
89BBE820-0E33-4613-8108-320998A87764.png 8CB5B862-7E8C-4923-87BD-ECDA1BD6DEBB.jpeg 6E637ED7-4147-428A-B69A-DB028A5CB21D.jpeg
The bling came! The Swiss Blue Topaz is gorgeous...but so blue! I don’t usually wear colored stones...so it will take getting use to. I can’t capture the sparkle but it sparkles a lot more than any topaz I’ve ever seen..There’s no black area or obstruction..It just photographed that way...because I stink at taking photos. It truly looks like a zircon...The hexagon moissy setting looks so much better with the points rounded off a little. I love it now...The blue pendant does not look blue to me unless I put it next to Libby, or on a sheet of white paper...It’s also pretty huge for a pendant...for me...I like small diamonds on my neck....Here are some photos but they’re bad.
David never sent my diamonds that I sent with my first setting and five diamonds that I thought he could use in one of my settings. I reminded him once and he forgot..so I told him it was okay. I always have projects and send it next time. I got my five diamonds back today but not the four diamonds and baguettes from my very first setting. I think he had them too long. I’m hoping he didn’t misplace them or send them to someone else...:pray:

Attachments

• 144A5BD6-2A26-41B0-827A-AAFA6BBC0E94.png
    144A5BD6-2A26-41B0-827A-AAFA6BBC0E94.png
    173.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
89BBE820-0E33-4613-8108-320998A87764.png 8CB5B862-7E8C-4923-87BD-ECDA1BD6DEBB.jpeg 6E637ED7-4147-428A-B69A-DB028A5CB21D.jpeg
The bling came! The Swiss Blue Topaz is gorgeous...but so blue! I don’t usually wear colored stones...so it will take getting use to. I can’t capture the sparkle but it sparkles a lot more than any topaz I’ve ever seen..There’s no black area or obstruction..It just photographed that way...because I stink at taking photos. It truly looks like a zircon...The hexagon moissy setting looks so much better with the points rounded off a little. I love it now...The blue pendant does not look blue to me unless I put it next to Libby, or on a sheet of white paper...It’s also pretty huge for a pendant...for me...I like small diamonds on my neck....Here are some photos but they’re bad.

Ooh la la what a blue :kiss2: LOVE.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
77B2DF66-F30F-4E97-A448-F63616638BC3.jpeg
Here’s a pic of it on my neck next to one of my diamond studs. You can see a color difference..but not really blue unless you stare at next to a white diamond.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Tekate How does it feel today? I hope it feels better now that it’s out...:pray:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
77B2DF66-F30F-4E97-A448-F63616638BC3.jpeg
Here’s a pic of it on my neck next to one of my diamond studs. You can see a color difference..but not really blue unless you stare at next to a white diamond.

WOW. What presence they have on your ears and neck. Amazbling Joanne.:kiss2:

@Tekate thinking of you and hoping you are not in pain and having a good day. XOXO.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The blue pendant does not look blue to me unless I put it next to Libby, or on a sheet of white paper

The colour of Heaven & D-E VSB ... !

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The colour of Heaven & D-E VSB ... !
Thank you @AV_ ! I do wish it was slightly more blue..I can barely tell it’s blue!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! I hope you are having a great day.

Austina, I hope Dottie’s leg is okay. Big hugs to her. Hope the vet can fix her right up. Maybe some day you should go try on bands to see if you like any of them with Bella. You never know until you try rings on if you’ll like them. Most of the smoke is coming from the west; fires ranging from Wyoming to California. It was not bad today. At least you’ll get to spend time with Adam and Kim before Christmas. Glad you found another sitter for Dottie already. Good deal the dressing table has arrived and is good to go. I sure hope Dottie will be living with you in Texas in 2 years.

Missy, darn to having to use the clunky computer. Hopefully they’ll get your computer back to you soon. I can see why you miss your Mac Air. They are so nice. Apple stores are so crazy busy; that is one drawback when you need help or service. There is an authorized Mac repairman about 50 miles away. I usually buy a new one than deal with a problem. Good deal your computer is still under warranty. That was nice Greg at least got to see someone in about 30 minutes. I will not drive impaired; no since being that dumb. Ha Ha - yum to cookies. I am sad the kitties aren’t showing improvement yet; one day at a time. Keeping you all in my thoughts. Your AVC is so gorgeous. Very elegant indeed. Nice you are closing in on 6K this summer.

Mamabean, nothing wrong with bling shopping. I resemble that habit myself. Your rings are gorgeous. Oh no to missing diamonds. Your pendant and earrings look fabulous! Glad they can help Bailey with arthritis. Good idea for your husband to drive the dogs when you moved; I imagine flying them would be very hard on them.

AV, I am with you on dressing old school. I life easy care and comfortable clothes. I looked tonight when I threw that sweater in the dryer; it’s acrylic. It’s not going to be a favorite. I kind of wasted my money there.

Kate, I hope you are doing okay today. Big hugs to you.

I had a busy day at work and had to do all sorts of unusual things. The day zipped by. When I got home I put my supper in the oven then went downstairs and lifted. Marty is wandering the mall in Denver and sent me a picture of Teddy Bears in the window of Build A Bear - he says he is getting ideas. He always teases me I am going to come home some day and find them dressed like the Village People. He thinks the project he is working on will be the losing bid; phooey.

Off to get my clothes out of the dryer. Then I might price out a new iPhone. Maybe.

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, you have definitely had your hands full these past few days. I'm so sorry to hear about Fred's accidents, very stressful for you and I hope he starts getting back to normal. And I hope the kitties start eating for you. Fingers crossed your computer can be fixed. Your new ring looks fabulous on your hand! Love the videos :love: How fun that you ran into your friend, must have been so nice for you and Greg to see him and catch up a bit. Really beautiful pics of the beach, and it's great the weather has been so pleasant.

@bling_dream19, ooh I love lavender colored stones! Your spinel sounds beautiful. And I am so glad you kept the cluster pendant, it looks so pretty on you :love: I hope your workweek is going well. And I think you should do whatever you would like for your wedding - it's your special day and you and fiance should do whatever makes the two of you happy. Getting married according to Irish tradition sounds really lovely. I think both ceremonies will be very special and meaningful to you both.

@Tekate, I'm so sorry getting the implant out was that painful for you, what a terrible experience. I hope you're feeling better and not experiencing any more pain. Please take care and rest as much as you can, you've had a rough week.

@Mamabean, it's great you have a handyman to keep an eye on your place, it really does give one peace of mind. Living in an historic area sounds very cool but also inconvenient at times! What a hassle over the tree, it's a shame it took that long to resolve. Your new pieces are gorgeous! I love the color of the topaz, so vivid and bright. Very well cut too! The hexagonal setting is really lovely, I'm glad you're happier with it now. The pendant is stunning on you!:love:

@marcy, great news about your friend! So glad she is recovering so well. Sounds like you had a really good time at dinner with her.

ETA - we were posting at the same time! LOL to bears dressed as Village people, that would be something to see! Might be kinda cute haha. I'm sorry Marty's project might be the losing bid and I hope it turns out differently.

@Austina, so sorry to hear Dottie has been a little sore...I think it's good you're getting her checked out, but she sounds like she's doing better now so that's encouraging. Sending you lots of love and comfort. You're a really good mom to your furbaby. XOXOX

@Calliecake, sounds like you have a busy but very fun week ahead! Have a great time with your friend, and a wonderful visit with your niece and her baby. You're so lucky to be getting a chance to hold a baby. <3 Have a wonderful weekend with your grand niece, I'll bet she is so excited and I know you will enjoy her so much. I'm hoping you're feeling well and are completely free of that stone!

I've been spending a little time catching up on chores and cleaning. I haven't been too motivated lately and the place is a mess lol. I'm going to South Carolina on Friday and staying for about 4 days so it will be a nice mini vacay. Dh is on a business trip so we'll just meet up at the airport.

Take care everyone! Xxx

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 yay for a mini vacation in SC. I hope you are feeling all better and sometimes being relaxed and unmotivated is just what the doctor ordered. Enjoy and have fun!

@marcy glad the workweek is going quickly and you are also getting to lift. Sweet. Haha Marty that joker. I enjoyed The Village People in the seventies. LOL if I listened to them now I wonder if I would cringe. Exciting you are considering a new phone. Greg just told me yesterday the new iPhones (11?) have 3 different camera lenses and an amazing battery life so when I am ready for a new phone I might just get the newest model which is very unlike me. But I love long battery life and love taking photos with the phone.

@AV_ glad you could enlist the help of a local grocer for the best most fruitful items. I love fruit and veggies. They are (besides ice cream haha) my junk food. Winter always brings less to enjoy re fruit and veggies as I like to eat fresh and local and organic. Which can be challenging in NYC. And NJ. I am sure hoping we won't be at the shore all winter. I might just lose (or have I already) my mind.

@Mamabean How is your son doing? How are you doing? Continuing to keep you and your family in my thoughts. I love the Swiss Blue and hope you are pleased with all of your beautiful new bling. Speaking of bling...

@bling_dream19 how is your week going? Any bling (or other) updates?

@Tekate dear Kate the Great how are you feeling today? Thinking of you and continued healing vibes and hugs being sent your way. Greg says hey and sends all his best to you too. Any home updates? (((Hugs))).

@Slick1 well you are firmly into the school year. How are things going? Are the parents as nice as their kids? How are you feeling? Sending you hugs and healing vibes and I am sure you are super busy with all the wedding stuff. Enjoy.

@Austina how is Dottie doing? Hoping she is feeling better and you are having a good week.

@Scandinavian sending you and your mom lots of good luck dust and gentle hugs. Thinking of you.

So as you know we have been doing lots of laundry all day long each and every day due to RW gate and now one of our dryers appears to be having issues and OMG IDK what we are going to do. Because it is the one in the basement so hard to get down there. What a pain in the neck this is. Greg is shopping online but I just don't want to give up a whole day waiting for delivery either but we cannot manage with just one dryer. Greg wants to buy a whole new washer and dryer even though it is just the dryer that is having issues. The set is about 20 years old. Still, not great timing if you kwim. The machines are running almost all day with all the sheets, towels and clothing we are washing all the time. Cmon universe, please stop beating us up. Pretty please?:pray:

We had a good ride yesterday and Jimmy (the owner of the ice cream place we started going to when Days closed during the week) surprised me with my favorite flavor ice cream. He made it just for me yesterday. Isn't that so sweet? It was delicious and of course I got a large. Haha Greg only got a medium though he is always the one to tell me let's get large. But what happened was Greg was chatting with Jimmy while I ordered with the staff (I got a medium size peach at first not realizing Jimmy had made PB&J special for me and it was put away so it wouldn't sell out before we got there) and then Greg ordered but Jimmy said hey wait did you get the PB&J and I was no I didn't know you had it and he took my peach for himself and gave me the PB&J. In the meantime Greg had already ordered a medium and didn't want to add to it. Oh well. And yay for PB&J.

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 5.35.29 AM.png

The day was unbelievably gorgeous as has been the whole week. A perfect weather week. It was windy but just so beautiful it didn't matter.

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 5.36.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 5.36.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 5.36.57 AM.png

Have a lovely Thursday girls and sending hugs and love your way.

And little Ollie meows and purrs hello to each and everyone of his aunties. He is still very yellow from his L-S dip.

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 5.38.32 AM.png

Fred isn't doing well :cry2: and he cannot tolerate the Miralax and is constipated again. What a vicious cycle. And he looks just awful. But he is eating some and purring when we pet him and hug him. Please keep him in your thoughts. Thanks lovely ladies. Have a wonderful day. XOXO.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I was wondering if you miss NY. Now I know!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I was wondering if you miss NY. Now I know!

It's funny. I love being here right now because the weather is awesome and we are cycling every day. Once the weather changes I will feel differently and start missing NYC more.

I am not missing it as much as missing the choice if you kwim. It's all about freedom of choice and right now we really don't have that. We need to stay here and get the cats well. The unknown is also making this difficult.

I miss my NYC friends and stuff like that. I am very much missing the opportunity to attend our 30-year graduate school reunion.

Once the weather changes I will want to go back to NYC more than I do now. Right now I am content to be here despite the reason. We just want the cats to get well and be OK.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI Nirdi's, I was on then off, went to see the surgeon and he finally saw the pus (sorry) etc so he's giving me gabapentin for nerve pain (?) my eye tooth hurts if I breathe on it :( my jaw is killing me due to the infection and all the needles.. so the plan is to keep me on Doxy again, try the gabapentin for a while, and probably have to see somebody in Austin that my surgeon will contact.. such a mess. I will never ever never ever ever ever get an implant again.. it's not worth it for someone like me, all started out with one abscessed tooth that the endodontist screwed up.. been one never ending jawgate.

Just wanted to give you guys a post to let you know what is going on.. I have to read all the above, I hope everyone is doing well, @Mamabean your new bling is just beautiful, love love love the Topaz ring, it's a dream..

Going to bed after this. @missy I can't take miralex I'm not surprised a cat can't it's tough.. sending you love and support missy. xoxoxoxo

bb tomorrow.. sending love all around!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results