shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's gotta buy this stone, "If I won the lottery" edition

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was talk about starting a thread like this, and I figured I would do it!

This will hopefully be a thread where people can post stones that someone should really buy--but few people actually can. I'm thinking stones over 5-8K make sense, because in colored stones that's pretty pricey. But happy to edit the price to be lower/higher based on feedback!

Get to posting some pricey eye candy! :$$)::$$)::$$)::$$):

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love browsing Leibish and DBL for fancy color diamonds, and this one just knocked my socks off... I go back just to look at it.

Fancy Intense Blue, .5 cts, 175 thousand dollars so I'm not going to be buying it anytime soon but gosh, if anyone out there has the money, snatch it up!

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 9.18.15 PM.png

https://www.leibish.com/blue-diamonds/fancy-intense-blue-emerald-35091
(watch the video because the cutting looks great for a fancy color diamond!)

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was just wondering what % of the posts will be FCDs :)

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
This lovely 3ct. padparadscha which I just saw:

upload_2019-9-17_10-29-6.png

GRS certified sunset pad from Sri Lanka...only 73,000RMB (so USD10,100). Such a pretty one.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

GRS certified sunset pad from Sri Lanka...only 73,000RMB (so USD10,100). Such a pretty one.

I can't tell from that pic if it has a window? I really hope it doesn't because THAT COLOR :love:

I was just wondering what % of the posts will be FCDs :)

:lol: too many! :lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I can't tell from that pic if it has a window? I really hope it doesn't because THAT COLOR :love:

The color really is amazing though I'm noticing pads, even expensive ones, tend to be cut...especially wonky? Even for native cut. Can't even think how much this one would cost if it was precision cut lol.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color really is amazing though I'm noticing pads, even expensive ones, tend to be cut...especially wonky? Even for native cut. Can't even think how much this one would cost if it was precision cut lol.

Most stones where the material is so expensive get material-saving cuts rather than pretty cuts. I get it, but I wish it wasn’t the case.

oooooh PLEASE say I'm allowed to post FCDs!
This is my holy grail color of diamond/stone. I've been trying to find something like it in zircon for a very long time without much luck. Stones are either too light, too dark, too yellow, too orange, etc. But ugh I just love this one so much.
http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/303ct-pink-vs1-pear-diamond-r8747

Uhhh I’d offer to go halfsies if I had even that much money! This is a good contender for the “Sisterhood of the traveling Pricescope Ring.”

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Where did you see this?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe not exactly "have to win the lottery to afford", but definitely more than I've ever spent on a CS. I want one so bad, and this one is such a beautiful color.

http://www.multicolour.com/detail/?/details/taaffeite/tf10268aa/&1244716636

Not as nice as the one posted, but still very nice for such a rare stone and much more budget friendly. If I was in the market for Taaffeite I think I would take the risk with this vendor.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-06ct-Stu...499311?hash=item28806fc0af:g:cLYAAOSw5BpdHV2S

IcePhoenix

Shiny_Rock
Posted before, but just founf out actual price:
mmexport1568942412228.jpg
Yours for just RMB999999 or USD140000
I hope for all fours. The colour seems nice but a bit too dark

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
B40A6BCE-A642-4618-BA4C-F8DF866F907E.jpeg I though this was a purplish red mahenge, but it’s a diamond. It’s not the most attractive stone in this page, but probably the most expensive so far.

Btw, The emeralds above are gorgeous!!

IcePhoenix

Shiny_Rock
The colour is mesmerising, price tag likely in the tens of millions

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colour is mesmerising, price tag likely in the tens of millions
I personally don’t like the color. It’s too dark and will impede sparkle, and a diamond should always sparkle. I prefer pure fancy pinks. However yes, 7 figures per carat at least.

voce

Ideal_Rock
It’s too dark and will impede sparkle, and a diamond should always sparkle.
Do we know it to be the case that color saturation impedes sparkle? This is not something I would assume. I searched for a Youtube video of this diamond, couldn't find any.

Very fine, highly saturated demantoid garnets sparkle about the same or more than white diamonds.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do we know it to be the case that color saturation impedes sparkle? This is not something I would assume. I searched for a Youtube video of this diamond, couldn't find any.

Very fine, highly saturated demantoid garnets sparkle about the same or more than white diamonds.
I’ve seen enough deep pinks to know they just lose their life. I’ve seen them at gem shows, museums, and videos. There’s not as much brilliance as a lighter toned gem. They almost look sleepy. People can feel free to disagree, but that stone is definitely more valuable for the color, which is very rare, than anything else.

Diamonds should sparkle more than garnets. I would say that the fire of a demantoid is similar to a diamond, but not the brilliance, and I’ve seen amazing demantoids. In melee sizes, it’s harder to distinguish brilliance. JMO

One of the most gorgeous ethereal fcd’s I’ve ever seen in person was a fancy orange pink, like a fine padparadcha.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

At one time I stalked red beryl but do so no longer. This would be my HG and Lotto splurge.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results