shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 Hi June, I wish I had a Macan! they are lovely, I think we are going to go down the used route from now on, John was reading that it's much cheaper and I still love my 2013 X3 BMW altho I think now it has 109K on it and we are going to drive it to Austin and back again.. but when we do finally sell the house and get the new house built (doesn't this sound like years Junie? It does to me, God I hate moving - I mean who does) we are planning to buy a used Tesla if one can find one, Nissan stopped making the Leaf, we figured that most of our driving will then be local, when we go to see Chris or just I do we will fly and use Uber or Lyft, so an all electric seems great to us and we will also have the good old BMW as long as she lasts! June, I went to the doctor at 8:00 a.m. EST and it felt fine by 11:30 I was in major pain again, took 2 Ibuprofens and that abated it a bit and I will call later to get an appt tomorrow and get this whole thing pulled out etc. enough. Thank you for always asking June - you and everyone here are so good to me, and I appreciate it very much. Glad your Sunday was husband watching football kind of day. we just cleaned and hung out and had hummus! I love hummus and only make it, the stuff has been recalled so many times I never buy it at all.. Hope your Monday has been bright June.. xoxo

@marcy Naw I don't eat canned beefaroni, I eat what my mom called poor man's casserole, 1 lbs ground beef, 1/2 onion chopped, 1 can of tomato soup, 1/2 can of water. Cook the beef, drain, add butter (now do remember this was an Irish mother) I mean tons of butter it looks like 1/3 inch of butter - well I don't add that much but my mom did! See our tri weekly baked potato below:

4076568-a-baked-potato-and-a-stick-of-butter-.jpg
Yup that was us.. Now after the butter melts you put in the onions and your soften them, then add 1 can of tomato soup, 1/2 can of water and a salt shaker of salt.. see below

salt.jpg

Simmer for a bit then boil water add 8oz of Ronzoni macaroni, over cook, drain and add to the beefaroni, this is my biggest comfort food in life, I never make it because John hates it - now I make it with less salt and butter and low fat meat but I love it.. You know, I have had 4 ACAs and not one CBI because once you start with one vendor it's tough to change, but logically I can't see why or how a CBI and an ACA could be noticeably different when it comes to brilliance etc.. Cflutist loves hers and she buys many :) he rings are to die for literally. MrsB likes the ACA and her rings are double to die for so I just don't know, I don't think I would get a CBI at this point, I have my EVER and like I said to Missy all I would really like is OEC in the G-M color range at the 1.5 carat range, then I think I could live with myself and just oogle here :) have a good week! xoxo

@Mamabean Hi Joanne I hope your weekend was relaxing.. how's your grandson? again can't wait to see your new stuff! xoxo

@AV_ Yup you are right, I should get the whole thing pulled out.. it's almost a Greek tragedy, although I'm not prominent I am falling.. ;-) xoxo

@bling_dream19 Good morning or afternoon - hope you are having a great Monday and a great week! xoxo

@missy God I am sorry about Bobby and his new ringroom, no words just sadness for you Missy and Greg too of course. Missy the surgeon said he saw no pus, but everytime I press on it I do, it didn't hurt this morning so he said come back in a week BUT if it hurts or anything come back, well tomorrow we have a lunch meeting with the realtor so I will try to get in to see him tomorrow afternoon, I don't know how Slick does it, she and you are my hero's, my surgeon did say he would find a good surgeon in Austin for me and not to worry.. But back to you, I am so broken hearted and wish I had an answer Missy I really do. Don't panic..I wish you could get some of this cleaning and bathing done by someone else besides you and Greg.. Maybe the ferals are popping in the try and cheer you up.. Thank you for taking the time to care about me Missy, you have your hands FULL.. sending love your way and always remember YOUR health.. and keep eating your ice 'cream'. xoxoxo

off to clean ladies.. xoxoxo

ETA: @Austina posting almost the same tiime! Aw Austina thank you! I am getting disheartened a bit bu none the less I keep on moving. I'm glad you had a good weekend, are you planning on any other room makeovers? sending good and happy vibes to you and a bunch of love.. xoxoxo

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, this time of year I am thrilled when it’s cloudy on my way to work. I have a badge for work that I use to block the sun when it’s right in my face. Marty was puzzled why it took me so long to get home that night - he was amused when I told him I followed the wrong pickup for a few miles. Oh well, I made it home okay. I did sleep better, thank you. I had one coughing attack and must have been muttering something because I woke Marty up thinking i was talking to him. Oops. I hope you are feeling better. I might watch some Monday night football. I need 11 more points in Fantasy Football so I hope my one remaining player does great tonight.

Missy, I hate to hear Bobby is getting more spots. You may end up with your MG someday. Good things should always come looking for you; you deserve it. I totally thought of you washing and changing all of your bedding every day. I finally have more than one set of California king sheets plus assorted blankets. We bought 3 when we moved in here but one was noisy so we threw it out, the one we used frequently starting ripping on one of the corners on the fitted sheet and the 3rd is flannel so not too useful this time of year. I hope the shampooing went okay today. Cute feral kitty saying hi. Your ice cream looks delicious.

Austina, are you and Colin staying through Christmas with Adam and Kim? I do feel a bit better today. I don’t think it was a cold after all; but just bad allergies. We are getting a lot of smoke all of a sudden and yesterday was really bad. I only had one coughing attack last night and my throat feels better today. Thank you. My sister is rather funny about reciprocating. She is always afraid of being left out or cheated but won’t accept anything from you because she doesn’t want to owe you. I’ve tried to buy her meal at McDonald’s and she won’t hear of it. Marty used to do their IT work and they’d insist on paying him which is awkward; we are family we aren’t expecting anything. She honestly keeps track of gifts and looks up how much they probably cost and she’ll buy them a gift for the exact same amount. Dee Jay ended up getting a happy meal with the book I’m missing so she is sending it to me. I have friends in the right places, eh? I am glad you had a lazy weekend. Hopefully Colin didn’t have too warm of weather for painting outside.

Kate, your beefaroni sounds fabulous. I totally laughed at the stick of butter in the baked potato. I always laugh at Paula Dean recipes - you know they will be loaded with butter but of course that is why they are so good. My goulash is very similar; I use spaghetti sauce instead of tomato soup but have sometimes used tomato sauce. Depends on what i have. Marty isn’t a fan of it either; he thinks it’s bland. We had it growing up too primarily because it was cheap; we often used elk hamburger because my dad went elk hunting every year and we ate every bit of it.
It sounds like your BMW will just keep going and going. German’s do know how to build cars. Our house took about 4 months to build. It was fun watching; the frame and outside seemed to go up pretty fast; then everything inside was painfully slow.
I felt kind of bad going with CBI for my pendant since I am totally committed to buying from WF; but my curiosity got the best of me to see for myself if they were noticeably better than an ACA. There are loyal customers to both vendors and they earned them. Both diamonds are gorgeous and I have no regrets with my ACA. Cflutist and MrsB both have gorgeous pieces of jewelry. I will patiently wait to see your gorgeous OEC pendant some day. We have those carrots out there waiting for us, eh?
It figures the surgeon couldn’t see any infection. That is good it doesn’t hurt as much today.

NN called in sick today - a bonus for me. Another lady was on vacation so we were busy at work but the day zipped by.

I did have a wardrobe malfunction though. My new plum outfit had issues. The top is very slick fabric and under my soft sweater it was clingy and kept creeping up. I swear every time I stood up the bottom of my shirt that goes well past my hips was up under my bra. The top was so bunched up all around my neck. I am calling it my sleazy top. Good think my sweater was a button cardigan; it saved me.

A friend of mine was lifting tonight so I stopped by the gym on my way home to say hi. Marty had another client coming by at 7 so he’ll be home late.

I picked up an Arby’s roast beef sandwich for supper and got a ham slider to take for my lunch tomorrow. I hope the bun isn’t all soggy; we will see.

Marty heads to Denver tomorrow for a few days. I am trying to arrange a drinking er I mean dinner out night some some friends.

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I'm sorry to hear Bobby has new ringworm spots, I know it must be very discouraging. You are doing everything right and maybe this is just part of the process. Thinking of Fred and hoping he starts doing better. TooPatient had a good suggestion in the RW thread and I hope it works. Sending the kitties good wishes for tomorrow's LS bath. That feral is so sweet :love:

@Tekate, it's terrible you're in so much pain, I feel for you. I'm glad the ibuprofen is helping. It's great your surgeon has a good dentist for you to go to in Austin. Moving is stressful and overwhelming but just try to take it one step at a time, you will make your way through this process. XOX Your beefaroni sounds really good...my mother used to make something similar with tomato sauce (no butter though) when I was a kid and we called it chop meat and noodles...very creative, huh? Lol.

@marcy, oh no to a wardrobe malfunction, that must have driven you crazy! Sweet that Dee Jay has a book and will send it to you, she's so nice. I actually think it's cool you have diamonds from both vendors! You know you have the top of the line in quality with both, that's for sure. They are both gorgeous pieces.

@Austina, glad you had a relaxing weekend and I hope Colin was able to complete that job...and then had a nice big cocktail :D

Thanks to all for your good wishes and healing vibes...I still have a cough and sore throat but my energy level is much better. Thank goodness for Advil LOL.

Sending love and strength to all! <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls. What a day we had yesterday. Shampooing the cats, Getting a really bad flat tire we couldn't fully fix and now my computer went crazy and I am on Greg's computer. Looks like I will be without a computer for a long while as we just don't have time to get to the Apple store to get it evaluated. Sigh.

@junebug17 I am sorry you are still dealing with a cough and hope you are 100% better very soon. Thanks for your continued good wishes. Much appreciated.

@marcy yay for NN calling in sick and hope Marty has a safe trip. LOL to arranging a few "dinners" out with friends. Have a cocktail on me please. Hope the bun wasn't soggy. LOL there's a joke in there somewhere. Have a good day at work today Marcy. And woohoo for Marty getting more lifting clients.

@Tekate I am glad the surgeon saw no infection and hope your healing continues smoothly. I am keeping you in my thoughts. And sending continued healing dust your way. And lots of love. How is dear Autie doing?

@Mamabean how was your weekend? How is your grandson? Thinking of you and sending love and hugs your way.

@Austina glad you had a restful weekend. Hugs to you and Dottie and I hope all is going smoothly for the week as well.

@bling_dream19 please don't forget to share photos of your new sapphire ring. So pleased you are keeping that lovely cluster pendant. Hope you are having a good week.

@Slick1 hope yesterday was a good day and that you are feeling well. Sending you continued healing vibes.

@canuk-gal good morning. Hope the week is going smoothly for you and all is well.

We had a good ride yesterday but we did get a big flat tire on the back tire and Greg's spare was no good. It took him 90 minutes to be able to patch it sufficiently (kept losing air) to get us to the nearest bike shop and get what we needed. We were 25 miles from home when the flat happened. Not good. I was baking while Greg was struggling to figure out a temporary fix. It wasn't fun. Fortunately Greg is the man and was able to temporarily patch it sufficiently by using everything in our bike bag. Turns out while we did pick up the spare we needed we didnt have to change it becuase the temporary fix held. Then Greg had to spend a few hours doubling up the tire (something like that) so this wouldn't happen again. What a day lol. We did manage to get ice cream after we stopped at the bike shop to get what we needed just in case the temp fix didn't hold til we got home. It was a loooooong day. Just what we (didn't) need.

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 5.25.33 AM.png

And today my computer went Kablooey so I am on Greg's computer that he needs back soon. He couldn't fix my computer. Nothing worked. It's not old. A year or so? IDK. But I don't have my spare here. LOL and OMG. Is the universe trying to tell me something? And his computer is hard to use. I miss mine. Oy.

Ice Cream. I had peach. It was amaaaaaazing. The only reason I had that is he was out of PB&J and I sampled his other non dairy flavors and peach was a winner. Really delicious.

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 5.26.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 5.27.12 AM.png

And we ran into our really good friend J after we had ice cream. He was in Asbury Park meeting with a client. We haven't seen him since beginning of June with all we are dealing with...missed all the parties etc and he wanted to know why we hadnt stopped by to give his dog our love and hugs as we had been doing that all May and beginning of June. So we told him. Now hopefully we won't have to share it with anyone else as J will spread the word. He is good at that lol. It was a treat running into him yesterday.

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 5.27.25 AM.png

OK that's enough from me. It's Lime Sulfur Dip Tuesday. Please wish us good luck. I am super nervous today with what is happening with our cats.
Enjoy a terrific Tuesday lovely ladies. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple of photos as I was waiting for Greg to figure a fix for the tire yesterday.

2AEAB41E-461B-4222-9503-5061BA8A6CD7.jpeg

82E23071-953E-4FF2-9B6A-8EB245D83F0E.jpeg

The weather here has been glorious.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At veterinarian office waiting to hand over the cats for L-S dip. Quick video in car on way over.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
At veterinarian office waiting to hand over the cats for L-S dip. Quick video in car on way over.

@missy I was just reading your posts back a week or so..I’ve been very busy with Chris stuff...but wanted to read everything I could this morning to see how you’re doing. I blew up the pick of the lesion on Bobby...I don’t know anything about ringworm...only from what you write...but that lesion looks like new skin where a scab came off. Bailey has really sensitive skin..and when he gets crusts...and they come off..the new skin looks just like that....I looked up what I use to spray him with when they fall off...It’s Trizchor 4 spray conditioner..just to get it to heal faster. I think and pray it’s dead roundworm crust...
Your ring is gorgeous! I’m happy you are enjoying it. I now how more moissy than diamonds so I had to ban myself from getting more moissy. They’re addicting...
I hope the dips go well today..:kiss2:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean , How are you feeling? I’m sending lots of dust to you and your family. The kind of stress you are going thru really takes a toll. It’s hard when you know you are doing all you can to try to help but at the same time know this is a problem you can’t fix. I was so glad to see you are getting some new pieces of jewelry. Little pick me ups really help. Please make sure you are taking some time for yourself, even if it’s just meeting a friend for coffee or doing something you enjoy for an hour. Hang in there Joanne and please know you have people in your corner.

@Tekate, I’m sorry you are still in pain. Is the new implant causing the pain or another tooth? I’m glad the oral surgeon is going to recommend someone in Austin for you to see. I’m hoping you are feeling better before you go to Austin. The oral surgeon is trying to talk me into getting two implants. I still have screws in my mouth from the last oral surgery that I need to have removed. After reading all you and @Slick1 have going thru, I have to admit I’m nervous about going down this implant road. Are you getting excited about your trip to Austin? You are going to have so much fun with Autie. Will you be meeting with the builder this trip?

@missy, Hopefully you will received some good news from the vet today. I’m hoping this spot is Bobby losing a scab and that it’s healthy tissue underneath and the RW nightmare is finally running it’s course and will be ending soon. Your new ring is beautiful.

Are you feeling any better today @junebug? Colds really seem to drag on longer than normal in the warmer months. I hope you are feeling back to normal soon. It’s never fun when you don’t feel awful enough to stay home but not really well enough to have a good time doing things.

@Austina, I had to laugh at Tekate’s comment asking if you are doing any other redecorating. It’s contagious. You get one room done and then you find yourself not being thrilled with the other rooms. I always tell my husband if I redo one room it’s pretty much a given that I will redecorate the all the rooms on that floor. It all has to flow nicely together from room to room.

@marcy, I hope your allergies are doing better. They seem to be bad around here this year too. Your wardrobe malfunction made for a funny story although I’m sure it probably wasn’t quite so funny when it was happening. The sweater definitely saved you yesterday. That had to be pretty uncomfortable.

I’ve got a busy week this week. Meeting a friend for lunch one day and my niece and her baby another day. We are watching our grandniece for the weekend so I’m sure that will be entertaining. I can’t wait to hear her school stories. I’m got to come up with some fun things for us to do this weekend. @Mamabean I’m sure my home will look exactly like yours does when your grandson comes for a visit LOL. It’s so much fun to spend time with her.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies.

@AV_ do they have you on a narcotic? I tell you I can get looped on those things, but I did build up a tolerance on the years I took vicodin before having hip replacements. Hope you felt better today.

@missy Ollie bad? aw he's still a kitten, but he is a bit yellow.. :) thank you for asking about my tooth teeth jaw! :) my eye tooth is a real killer, I see the surgeon Thursday afternoon and I''m going to discuss pulling it, he'll want to say no, but I don't know anymore, this kind of pain means infection.. sigh sigh sigh.. I hope they don't send me for another MRI, otherwise the implant feels great.. who knows. Missy, with you and Greg as furmom and dad I highly doubt Ollie will be nothing but the little devilish sweetheart he is.. Hope you find a gyno you feel comfortable with, I agree with Austina, it's important to have a good relationship with your gyno if you can.. I use my GP for gyno stuff, but in Austin I didn't, it was who I felt more comfortable with.. xoxoxoxoxo

@Austina Hi Austina, getting by girl, you are probably asleep by now, went out with some old old friends from elementary school last night for dinner, one of the women lives in CT the other up in Freeport, one I knew much better, but had a lovely time.. ugh to the rug cleaner guy but glad he showed up today and we need pix! :) I hope sincerely Dottie had a missing Mom and Dad, Salley goes into her crate and sleeps when we go out BUT when we first got her we had to close the crate gate because she howled and whined and ran around, Salley is getting older too, she doesn't walk but HOP HOP because of pain in her back, she is on a nerve medicine which does help her I think. Sending Dottie a huge hug. :) xoxo

Went out with some friends last nite and had a Cobb salad, there is nothing healthy is a Cobb salad but it was all they had I thought I could chew :) it was okay, Maine isn't known for great salads.. We are working on getting the house fixed it's a pain.

@marcy Marcy, I am sorry about your knee, I hope it feels better, my husband needs a new one but he fights it. I will say that both times I had my hip(s) replaced the PTs told me the best and easiest recovery is knees and the worst is shoulders and in the middle is hips.. I need a new shoulder but I a fighting it for now, think I would rather get in down in Austin anyway. You take care hope work is good and Marty is doing well !!

@Calliecake Hi dear girl, (lady but inside we are all girls right? :) ) hope you are doing well have you gotten the procedure done yet? I send you love and hug and tell you it wil be fine... xoxoxo

@Slick1 hope school and life is being good to you and that wedding plans are ready for the big day! xoxox

@Mamabean sending a loving shout out to you lady! xoxoxo

@junebug17 Hi June, hope you had a great day and all is good with you and your family, sending you love June! true that. xoxoxo

@Scandinavian sending you love and healthy dust and peace Scandi, I know your life is very hectic and I so hope your mom is doing okay.. from me to you I send love.. xoxoxo

Two pix, one of the cake I made yesterday and one of the outside furniture we bought a few months ago, who knows I may even have posted the furniture.. time.. sending you all love.

cake.jpg outside furn.jpg

I really love your outdoor furniture @Tekate there's nothing better than sitting outside in the morning on nice outdoor furniture. I hope your mouth is healing. I'm in progress reading posts.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! I am hoping and praying it isn't infected @Tekate and that this morning you wake and the pain is gone and it is healing well. Continued bucketloads of healing dust being sent your way. Good luck this afternoon with the surgeon and I am thinking of you as is Greg. Sending lots of positive energy and hugs your way sweet Kate the great. XOXO.

As for needing a new shoulder I think it's a good idea to wait til you are in Austin too. And by then you will be all healed from this ordeal hopefully. Glad you got to go out last night though sorry all you could chew was a Cobb salad. Soon you can eat steak and anything else your heart desires. Yummm to that cake you made yesterday. I can taste it from here. Looks amazing. I have a sweet tooth that I resist but OMG I want that cake. I bet I could eat most of it by myself. Just ask Greg :lol:.

Speaking of sweet tooth yesterday we got large ice creams and it was good but super expensive. Cost us for 2 large ice creams (3 scoops so not crazy) $16. I feel like an old lady because I remember when ice cream was less than a dollar.:lol-2: No ice cream today sadly. It's raining and Greg has to head into the city anyway. Sad but looking forward to tomorrow's ice cream at Days which is open Fri/Sat/Sun till mid October when it closes for good. In the meantime the Asbury place is good for Mon-Thurs while Days is open Fri-Sun. We got it covered.:kiss:

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 5.55.42 AM.png

See? Not so large. $16 lol. Crazy price. But we love our ice cream what can I say. :lickout:

@Austina sorry Dottie is slowing down and hopefully it is just temporary. Glad the guy showed yesterday and that you are ready for today. Big day and you are almost done with the remodeling. It's going to be gorgeous. Nice job.:appl:

Sweet evening Marcy. Glad you had a good dinner with your friend and that you also got a donut. What flavor donut did you enjoy. It felt like autumn here for the past week but starting yesterday it has become summer again. Real feel in the 90s F yesterday and today. We sweated a lot cycling. No cycling today due to rain but hopefully tomorrow. Have a great day today dear Marcy. XOXO.

@canuk-gal thinking of you and hoping you are having a good week.

@Scandinavian hugs and more healing vibes being sent your mom's way.

@Slick1 hope your workweek is going well and you are feeling good. XOXO.

@Calliecake Good luck. Thinking of you. Soon you will be kidney stone free. Fingers crossed.

@AV_ how are you feeling today? I hope your pain is manageable and getting better each day. How is the rest of your week progressing? What are your temps like? I thought of you last night as I had some blueberries. They are no longer as sweet as they were at the beginning of the season. Oh well. I do love blueberries. Though I don't love the way they stain my fingers and teeth. :P2

OK posting at same time. I see you answered the weather question.

Stay safe and enjoy the storm from inside. Preferably with a sweet treat. I wish summer was coming our way instead of leaving. This is always a slightly melancholy time of year for me.

We cycled 60 miles again yesterday and I think Greg felt bad that we cannot cycle today so he was trying to give me as many miles time permitting. He is the best dh. He really goes above and beyond to make me happy. All we are dealing with and he is working and still he manages to do everything he can to help me get through this emotionally and physically stress wise. Today is an anxiety filled day for me because I am home for much of the day/evening by myself with the cats. As I wrote before I am not comfortable in my own house because of the contagion issue and while we have Ollie now loose in our bedroom and sleeping with us on the bed I am still apprehensive I can get RW but his emotional well being was suffering. We are seeing a change in his personality so we are taking the risk and letting him out in the bedroom now vs being confined to the playpen all night. And Fred is probably contagious and Tommy and Bobby might still be too so we cannot let Ollie out with them yet. It's been a long hard challenge that is continuing but just doing the best we can one day/one hour at a time. Thanks for letting me pour out my feelings here.

Off to clean the house soon. Cats all got their meds and some food. Each day is getting harder re feeding so have to reevaluate what we are going to do re Itrafungol. We have done over 6 weeks now and I just ordered more for another 2 plus weeks but taking it one day at a time re the meds. And L-S dips because I think they are stressing the cats out more and more. What can we do? No answers there just asking rhetorically.

Have a great day girls and sending each one of you hugs and love. Thanks for being my friend and thanks for all your warm support and caring. NIRDIs are the best. XOXO.

Thanks for being my friend! This is such a wonderful group. I may not post everyday but thinking about each of you each day.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hello lovelies

Oh Joanne, I’m so sorry to hear that your stress levels are so high it’s affecting your health. My friend has had the same issues with her son, and ultimately she had to walk away because you can’t help someone who doesn’t want to be helped. He had to hit rock bottom before he could start the slow climb up. Sending love and peace to you, you have so much going on that sometimes you have to put yourself first, even though your instincts are to continue to mother. Take care of yourself and check in when you can.

I hope today goes well @missy, I can understand how coping with this on your own feels overwhelming, Greg is truly one in a million, and your strong and loving bond shines through every post. You can only keep doing what you’re doing and hope that ultimately its going to bring the results you want.

Glad your knee is not complaining too much @marcy, it sounds like you had a lovely time catching up with your friend.

Sorry for the quick post, I’m absolutely shattered, I’ve been on the go since first thing. The delivery turned up at 8am, and unfortunately there were a couple of mishaps. When they unwrapped one of the larger chests, I noticed damage to a corner. The delivery guys were fantastic, they said they had another on the truck for their last delivery, and if they could unload the truck and get it off, they’d bring that in. So they had to lug the damaged one back down stairs, bring in the second one, and then unload the truck to get at the other one. The 2 bedside chests were fine, and the dressing table stool is fine, When we unwrapped the dressing table, we couldn’t get the legs to fit. I rang the company and they’re delivery a new one next Wednesday. Once I’d cleared up, we took Dottie out, got back, when straight out to do our food shopping, then had lunch. I’ve spent all afternoon putting everything back in to the chests and cleaning up again.

A couple of pix to give you an idea of what it looks like.

CE4C9150-B6A5-4639-B50F-D0FF390C5BE3.jpeg 889FDE6F-5AD7-4D72-B78A-C0618FBEDBDE.jpeg C1A5FC0C-554D-48D5-80CE-5AAC90A7DAB2.jpeg 53DD54AF-AE0E-4590-94D2-0C6F30499ECA.jpeg

@Austina I really love your room! It looks so chic, comfortable and glamorous! You've got the eye!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi NIRDI’s!

Bling Dream, thank you. I took some Advil about 3 today and my knee is a bit better tonight. We will see. Darn that you lost your post. Sometimes if I use the back arrow in my browser I can find it. I usually type up my NIRDI response in Pages so I don’t lose it. I am anxious to see your Esty treasures.

Missy, I do read your RW thread. That is too bad Oliver freaked out and oh no he scratched Greg. I think all of you are being pushed to a point where it’s understandable to let some stress and emotions out. Sorry the Lime Dips are so stressful. They must be miserable and then having to dry. That is good to hear Fred is eating and purring. Sounds like Greg will have a great surgeon for his knee. I am definitely going out of state if I get my knee done. LOL, I would eat cookie crumbs too. Darn that your gynecologist moved. It’s hard to find a new doctor. Your ice cream looks and sounds delicious.

AV, sorry you are having trouble with your painkiller. I hope you feel better.

Austina, my knee isn’t as bad tonight so hopefully it’s going back to a lower pain level. I think lifting is helping to strengthen my legs but irritates my knees. I didn’t watch Jag when it was on TV (teaching at night most of those years) but really enjoyed it. I watch NCIS and am glad to see Ziva is coming back for at least a few episodes. Sounds like things are falling in place getting the rugs cleaned, the furniture picked up, the sink arrived and getting ready for your new furniture. Oh no that Dottie was upset about something. Glad she was okay later. Glad you guys found the acorn stuck on her foot.

Kate, I want some of your delicious cake. I am glad your implant feels better. Good luck with the surgeon tomorrow. Sometimes just pulling a tooth is a better way to go. I know the knee replacements are easier and better than they used to be but I am resisting. My sister had both knees replaced last year and did wonderful. She also needs work on her shoulder but I’ve heard those surgeries are tough and don’t always help. Great patio furniture; I swear that is the same set we have. They are comfy but Marty never remembers to cover them and I always want to clean them before I set down on them. I’m so OCD. I’ll set down on rod iron furniture that has been outside. Weird, I know.

I went out for supper with a friend of mine today. We had tacos and margaritas. Not a bad supper. She had to go back and wait for her son to be done at his boxing class so she and I went to a coffee / donut shop and had dessert. It was a nice evening. I stopped for gas on the way home and decided it feels like fall already. We had thick fog this morning and then it rained most of the day. The temps drop about 30 degrees here when it rains so it was quite chilly at about 7 tonight.

Take care.
Marcy
@marcy I love a tacos dinner! And dinner with a friend is always special. It's starting to feel like fall here too - I'm not ready for summer to end but I do love fall. Hope your knee is feeling better.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@missy, You and Greg have made it this far with the RW fiasco. Hopefully you are reaching the tail end of this and your life can go back to normal very soon. I’m so glad you have been able to get a break and enjoy your time with Greg doing what you love most. Despite all of this, look at the number of miles you cycled this summer. That is one impressive accomplishment. The pictures of Oliver are adorable. I would kind of expect him to act out with all that has been going on. He is a teenager after all. It’s been stressful on all of them.

@Mamabean , I am so sorry you are going thru this with your son. Have you considered attending Al Anon meetings? I’ve been down this road with a sibling and know it can take a toll on everyone around the person with the addiction. From what you have shared here, you are the go to person in your family who everyone can rely on and are the person who fixes things. Joanne, please know this is something you can’t fix. Chris is the only one who can fix this. It was very hard for me to come to grips with this aspect. I can only imagine how hard this would be for a parent. Please lean on people when you need support. This is one of those times in life where you have to make yourself a priority too, especially with it now affecting your health. None of us are superwoman, no matter how much we would like to be. You Joanne, are an exception. You really do come pretty damn close to superwoman status. Your bucket is full on any given day being a caretaker to your mom and David. Dealing with your son’s addiction is a huge life stressor all by itself if nothing else were happening in your life. Please, please take care of yourself too.

@junebug17 , I hope you are taking it easy and your cold is starting to get better. Summer colds always seem to drag in forever. It was a good idea to take take the zinc and vitamin C. Do you think you caught it on the airplane? Do you have any fun plans for the weekend.

@Tekate, I was so glad to hear your appointment went well with the oral surgeon. Hopefully it will start to feel a little better every day now. The pictures you posted of the patio look beautiful and very comfy. You must be getting so excited about your trip to Austin and all the time you will be spending with Autie. She truly is a little ball of sunshine. That little smile of hers could lighten up a room. Mike will be thrilled knowing you will be taking care of her.

@Austina, The room looks beautiful. You did a fantastic job! It’s great news that Dottie’s paw is feeling better. I loved reading your story about your fur babies. It’s amazing how they know how to work us.

@marcy, I’m hoping all is going well with Marty’s new business. I can relate to your post about enjoying the clean house. DH used to joke that he knew the only thing I loved about him traveling was the house would stay perfect looking while he was gone.

@Scandinavian , Sending good thought your way and hope your mom is handling her treatments well. I hope you are doing well.

@Slick1 , You must be getting so excited about the wedding. I hope you are having fun teaching your new classroom full of kids.

It’s good to see you here @bling_dream19 .

Thank you for the well wishes on the kidney stone procedure. It was a breeze. I feel ridiculous for having worried about it now that it’s over.

Thanks @Calliecake it's great to be here. I love PS, love the jewels but the people make it most special.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi friends! :wavey: I am quite exhausted so please forgive me for any omissions. I’ve been reading along though when I can. The wedding (two ceremonies on different days - church and then the big one) is mere weeks away and it’s been a whirlwind with the last minute planning and going back to work! Plus I am dealing with health issues with our 16 1/2 yo pooch. :(( He is going blind and clumsily walking into things and falling down. I think I need blinders for him. Poor little guy.
I did get a little something something for myself as @missy said. I’ll post a pic at the end. I needed a little pick me up and that came along at a great price point I had to splurge on myself a bit. =)2
My colleague at work is dealing with orbital bone osteomyelitis which appears (to me) to have spread to her cheekbone. I’ve been spending a lot of time advising her as her dr doesn’t seem to be following acceptable protocol imo and it’s a very serious condition that needs to be treated quickly and effectively. I’m so scared for her given my hindsight on this type of infection being 20/20. My students are sweet but demanding and mostly male this year. Twelve year old special needs boys. Oy vey! :eek2:
I’ve just stopped taking all antibiotics after slowly weaning and I’m praying the c diff stays away this time. I’ve been on them for ~17 months and it feels so liberating to be off all meds for once! :pray: :clap:

@missy I am hoping you’re feeling well and praying this is soon over for you. Poor Fred. Breaks my heart to read all you all are going through. But stay the course and you shall beat this. My coworkers DD adopted a kitty and no worries they all have RW. Thanks to you I have been able to better help her too! I just love your new ring! It’s so beautiful and I am happy you have something new to admire during this awful time. What a terrible summer you have had. It has to get better! Sending love and hugs to you all! :kiss2:

@Mamabean thinking of you as well! I’m so sorry you have this stress and sadness with your DS. How hard to see our children struggle. I hope you are taking care of you because if you’re not well, you can’t be there for everyone else. ((Hugs)) :kiss2:

@Austina beautiful bedroom! Love what you have done there! Hope all is well. When will you come back over the pond to see your DS? =)2

@Tekate Sheesh lady! So sorry to hear you have tooth pain still. Dental pain is awful as we sadly know all too well. I hope the implant remains healthy and viable and this is soon over for you. My brother is in the process of five implants and so far so good. I’m too afraid to proceed for now! So exciting that you’re seeing your Autie at your family wedding soon! She is quite the cutie. What a smile! Be well! :kiss2:

@Scandinavian I am thinking of you and your mom. I hopefully she is feeling well and tolerating the treatments... sending healthy vibes to your beloved mom. ♥️

@Calliecake Yes! The wedding is soon upon us. We have a lot to iron out yet as they’re having two ceremonies. One church and then two weeks later the big bash. I am excited and anxious too. I’ll be doing a reading. =)2 How did your procedure go? Have you had it yet? Are you feeling ok? Be well! :kiss2:

@marcy Congratulations on your DH’s new venture. And yay for you to be working out so diligently! Many good wishes for continued success to you and your DH! :dance:

@AV_ Back to work? Have you been taking a holiday? Are you finished in the garden? Our fall is quickly approaching and we’ll have nearly six months of cold soon. I’ll surely miss the posies and the therapeutic deadheading. Hope work is going well! =)2I

I’ll check back in as time permits these next few weeks, but know that I am sending my love and warm wishes to you all!

Oops. Almost forgot my pic of the impulse buy. It’s a moissy but the oec is really quite beautiful and I might almost say it’s more lively than my AVR. I’ll be using this as a RHR I think.

8856D024-151A-4DF7-AB13-025D03F23679.jpeg

And my beloved pooch :love:
1913F9D5-2319-4B79-8DFD-D555119F3CFA.jpeg

I love your new rhr @Slick1 I'm currently obsessed with rhr!! So, tell us about 2 weddings. I am engaged currently and planning a wedding. I have this thing that I want to get married on a Wednesday - Irish good luck tradition to marry on a Wednesday. However, I feel very guilty asking folks to take off of work on a Wednesday which means possibly taking off on Tuesday and Thursday. So, we are thinking about a ceremony on our own on Wednesday for the official marriage wedding day. And then a second ceremony on a Saturday with family and friends. I'm not sure having 2 ceremonies would dilute the specialness of either ceremony or would it extra special being able to get married 2 times in 1 week?! Looking forward to hearing more about your wonderful wedding plans - you are a beautiful mother of the groom!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hello girlfriends....I can’t tell you how much it means to me to have you guys here..Thank you again for the warm wishes...I guess I can’t stay away...You have all become important parts of my life..On the lighter side...I was trying to find a stone to fit in my previous ering setting but was unsuccessful. I decided to try a very light blue moissanite. It’s colored throughout and not coated...When it arrived it was too light for the ring so I sent it to David so he could make it into a pendant. It came out so pretty..Now that it’s set it definitely looks blue! He also rounded out the edges of my hexagon setting..and set the blue topaz into my previous Lentil setting. I will look for another gem instead of the topaz..I think...Dana did such a great job cutting it...It looks like a zircon and is 8 on the hardness scale. I should get them this week. xxxxoooo
6F94EFF3-4CCE-455F-8786-F0A84CA37023.jpeg 28CF6D8E-5413-48C6-A9CF-E4898C9263D2.jpeg FC1EB3FE-B198-4B64-BB66-0A16240333B3.jpeg F60DBB6B-0461-4FFE-B7EB-EA2C6E8A0CFC.jpeg 487F06BB-1822-441D-8F79-3C6D63A60252.jpeg

I love your new necklace - beautiful sky blue. And love the zircon in your setting - looks incredible - rhr?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@bling_dream19 Thank you! It’s actually a Swiss Blue Topaz...but I agree it looks like a zircon. That is my previous very low profile setting. I saved the setting and plan to put a pretty gem in there. That setting was expensive so I feel it needs to have a really nice gem in there. The trouble is the setting is so low..made specifically for my diamond...and gems are much deeper. I tried to find a gem to fit or have one cut but it would sacrifice the sparkle. I need to find one already cut so I can see it’s performance. In the meantime Dana cut this blue topaz..and it fits! It’s the color of a zircon, is 1 degree tougher than a zircon, and it was hand cut by Dana...so I’m thinking it has to look nice in the setting...I get it tomorrow so I’ll see then. Ideally I think I would like a denim blue sapphire...or a pale blue aquamarine which I was shooting for in the first place.
The sky blue stone is a moissanite...I had David make me the pendant. I may use it later on for a different gem. I’m not sure yet. I love the color...

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure having 2 ceremonies would dilute the specialness of either ceremony or would it extra special being able to get married 2 times in 1 week?!

Hope it's OK to chime in and share my thoughts with you. Greg and I got married twice. One was on a spur of the moment whim just 3 months before our bigger planned wedding complete with rabbi and priest. Long story why but suffice to say we eloped and we felt both weddings were special. Not diluted at all. JMO though and of course it comes down to what you and your FI decide works best for you. I say you only (hope to) get married once and do it your way. It's your special day(s) and you should carry it out as you see fit. I love that you want to get married on a Wed as per Irish tradition. That's good luck! And I also agree Wednesday is a tough day to include your friends and family. Very excited for you either way and wishing you all the best.
pretty%20heart.gif

And thank you for being my friend too. <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 Thank you! It’s actually a Swiss Blue Topaz...but I agree it looks like a zircon. That is my previous very low profile setting. I saved the setting and plan to put a pretty gem in there. That setting was expensive so I feel it needs to have a really nice gem in there. The trouble is the setting is so low..made specifically for my diamond...and gems are much deeper. I tried to find a gem to fi or have one cut but it would sacrifice the sparkle. I need to find one already cut so I can see it’s performance. In the meantime Dana cut this blue topaz..and it fits! It’s the color of a zircon, is 1 degree tougher than a zircon, and it was hand cut by Dana...so I’m thinking it has to look nice in the setting...I get it tomorrow so I’ll see then. Ideally I think I would like a denim blue sapphire...or a pale blue aquamarine which I was shooting for in the first place.
The sky blue stone is a moissanite...I had David make me the pendant. I may use it later on for a different gem. I’m not sure yet. I love the color...

Joanne, it's gorgeous. The color is bluetiful and bluelicious. You have a lot of gorgeous bling girlfriend.

@missy I was just reading your posts back a week or so..I’ve been very busy with Chris stuff...but wanted to read everything I could this morning to see how you’re doing. I blew up the pick of the lesion on Bobby...I don’t know anything about ringworm...only from what you write...but that lesion looks like new skin where a scab came off. Bailey has really sensitive skin..and when he gets crusts...and they come off..the new skin looks just like that....I looked up what I use to spray him with when they fall off...It’s Trizchor 4 spray conditioner..just to get it to heal faster. I think and pray it’s dead roundworm crust...
Your ring is gorgeous! I’m happy you are enjoying it. I now how more moissy than diamonds so I had to ban myself from getting more moissy. They’re addicting...
I hope the dips go well today..:kiss2:

Thank you so much Joanne. I am always anxious on L-S dip Tuesdays...won't find out for a few hours how it went. And thanks for your thoughts on Bobby's new area. He unfortunately has another area now on top of his head :(

Thanks @Calliecake but sadly it's not just one new area but more than one. Glad you are having a good week and feeling all better.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Calliecake @Austina @Slick @missy @canuk-gal @Tekate @bling_dream19 @marcy @junebug17 @AV_ and anyone I missed...I didn’t mean to...Thank you for such warm wishes and friendship. It makes me tear up. It’s amazing how friends that I haven’t met feel like they care...When you go through something terrible it’s like balm to the soul.
@Calliecake I hope you’re feeling better now that your stone is gone..Yes...Jackson makes a mess but he’s worth it...I have a almost white cream couch there...His little hands are all over it but it’s fine with me. I had the couch upholstered with special fabric like sunbrella but softer for indoors years before Jackson. It just wipes clean...I also had my dining room chairs covered in it too..It was the best thing I ever did decorating! Scott, my middle guy, is a dropper...I did it for him! :P2 I also have a very colorful busy rug so anything that gets dropped can get cleaned up but you’ll never see a stain...I hope you have lots of fun with your niece. You’ll need a nap afterwards! Watching children are not for the meek! :lol:
@Tekate I remember the Beefaroni recipe making the rounds in the 70’s! I used to throw a can of Vegall in it to make it healthy! Haha! There was another recipe that was a casserole I would make...It was with cream of mushroom...but I used cream of chicken...hate mushrooms...cooked chicken and broccoli. I know there was other stuff in it but I don’t remember. That was the thing to make when we had company. Remember the molded jello with sour cream mixed in and crunchy things in it? You would serve it alongside dinner...:sick: I never did serve that but everyone who invited you to dinner served it.
Is your pain any better today? How did your appointment go? He said you don’t have an infection but you said you see stuff there? I don’t blame you for wanting it out..
@Austina...I forgot I had the pink sapphire band! I bought it off Etsy..Sarriel is the seller. I also have an aquamarine band too. She makes beautiful ones...
@junebug17 I’m glad you have a property manager there...I’ve learned that peace of mind is so important when you have another house and you can’t be there all the time to take care of things..I have a handyman that has my key. He is expensive..but if something comes up in the Maryland house...he can take care of it. He recently put up a quasi new fence for us this last week. The house is in a historic district..and you need approval for everything. The fence was falling down, rotting, and old...It would have taken a long time for approval if I totally replaced it..so I had him leave the old posts and just get sheets of fence from Home Depot and attach them to the old posts. He said it would be considered a repair instead of a new fence needing approval..I’m not sure about that but I liked it so I told him to go ahead. I have three neighbors with a different style fence on each side and in the back. The one on my right is made of chicken wire and wood boards. The one I just replaced with sheets from Home Depot is the nicest of the three now...so that’s saying something...The one in the back has sections of chicken wire and old metal fence from 1905 just stuck here and there. This is in an area where the houses aren’t cheap. Everyone hates having the red tape of living in an historic district. It took four months to approve taking down a huge tree in my front yard ready to fall on my and my neighbor’s house. They said the tree was historic and wanted to make sure it was dead. You can’t get any more dead..It didn’t have needles on it anymore...I tried to reason with them that the tree would take out two historic houses...if they allowed it to fall...Four months later they had a meeting and I got my approval...Sorry for the rant..haha..
I better send this before I lose it again..

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@bling_dream19 Thank you! It’s actually a Swiss Blue Topaz...but I agree it looks like a zircon. That is my previous very low profile setting. I saved the setting and plan to put a pretty gem in there. That setting was expensive so I feel it needs to have a really nice gem in there. The trouble is the setting is so low..made specifically for my diamond...and gems are much deeper. I tried to find a gem to fit or have one cut but it would sacrifice the sparkle. I need to find one already cut so I can see it’s performance. In the meantime Dana cut this blue topaz..and it fits! It’s the color of a zircon, is 1 degree tougher than a zircon, and it was hand cut by Dana...so I’m thinking it has to look nice in the setting...I get it tomorrow so I’ll see then. Ideally I think I would like a denim blue sapphire...or a pale blue aquamarine which I was shooting for in the first place.

Excited to see the Swiss Blue on your finger! Anything Swiss makes my heart sing:love: The pendant color is very calming and beautifully set.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@Slick1 I love your new ring...It’s so gorgeous! Have you decided what rings you’ll wear to the wedding? Did you decide what color earrings you’re going to wear? What about the MOB...What is she wearing? I just love weddings..Are you going to do a son and mom dance? Scott chose the James Taylor song..How Sweet it is to be Loved by you...When Chris got married he chose Mama by Boyz to Men...:lol:
Omg..special needs teenage boys...You have your hands full! I was room mother throughout David’s years in school. He attended a special school for Autistic boys and girls. There were two pinchers that would get a good piece of skin on me and not let go. I would have bruises all over my arms..One boy was also in a wheelchair....One time I had to push him up a hill to join the others...He got a good chunk of my arm..I couldn’t let go or he would have gotten hurt. I went to the GYN for a checkup two days later. The doctor and nurse looked very concerned..and asked me if I felt safe at home..I had to explain about the kids pinching me at school...:lol:
I’m sorry your little furry guy isn’t feeling well..What did the vet say?
@Austina I love the way you decorated your room. It looks so fresh...I absolutely love the mirrored chest. I need something to perk up the tiny entry hall in the house in Maryland. I think I’m going to look for a little mirrored table for that area. I love glass beveled mirrors..and have quite a few there. I think it would go nicely. It is a little busy there so it could get bumped though. Glass with my guys is a little scary..I just really want one now after seeing your chest.
@missy I hear you on PTSD..You’ve been going through a very stressful time..and trying to cope with such a difficult situation. I truly don’t know how you guys are doing it all...I so hope you wake up one morning and things suddenly turn the corner. We can hope...
@marcy I have to go back and find it..but I think you won a ring? How exciting! You have so many pretty ones..How do you rotate them? I’m trying to make sure I keep changing jewelry so I can wear everything and not feel like I wasted money...I still daydream about buying one more diamond ring...I think it’s the stress I’m under...That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! :P2
@Tekate How are you feeling today? I think I read you are. 6-7..That seems like an improvement..I hope this one does the trick and it heals fast. I have to go to the dentist but I hate going. I make myself go and want to cancel up to the last minute. If I had to go through what you and @Slick were going through I would put my head in a hole and not come out..
@canuk-gal :wavey:I hope you got outside today for some good cycling. What’s the weather like over there now? We had a beautiful day yesterday.. nice and cool...I feel more energetic when it’s cooler. I don’t really enjoy the summer months.
@AV_ You’ve been working so hard..but I’m happy you are staying where you are...You seem content there. I keep thinking of lemon pie every time I see you post...I’ve never had it. I’m going to buy one of those little individual pies you see in the supermarket here. I’m sure there are better ones but I’m craving one...
I like the light blue stone too...It’s 8.2mm so a nice size for a pendant.
@Calliecake I’m so happy your stone is gone! I have to back to read about it but saw a few girls mention you had it done and it was successful. This is great news...
@junebug17 Thats good news that your house is okay..Did you get any flooding in your house or just the area? I feel so bad for the people that had such bad damage. I hope you are having a nice weekend.
@bling_dream19 I have to go back and see this cluster pendant that someone mentioned you having. I love clusters in pretty much anything...
@Scandinavian I hope your mom has been doing okay...I’m hoping she’s tolerating her treatments well..
I ran to Maryland on Tuesday..on the spur of the moment...I had to get away..David loved it..because he didn’t work Wednesday through Friday. I go home tomorrow...It should be quiet because Chris is in a treatment center. He’s been to so many that I lost count. He also got himself in some trouble so other issues are hanging in the air for when he gets out...but it should be quiet at least for now. I’m seeing my friends on Tuesday for lunch..I’m really looking forward to seeing them.
I plan on having a quiet evening watching tv and reading PS in my pjs tonight! My husband went to a game with his brother..so they will pop in..say goodbye and head back to Pa.
Have a great evening..

@Mamabean I love quiet evenings at home - I had one of too on Saturday night as DF hung out with some friends. It doesn't happen often and he was home by 830 so that worked! I got to paint my nails and eat some cheesecake=)2 I decided to keep the cluster pendant and am loving it, wearing it all day and not really taking it off. Here's a pic 20190910_175852.jpg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I hate to hear about Fred and Bobby. RW gate can’t help but leave its mark on you and Greg; it has been an ordeal on both of you and such a stress on the kitties. I continue to send mega dust your way. I was just looking at the lenses on the new iPhone. The low light is what interests me the most. I think my phone is only 2 years old but I’m not sure. The nice thing about sticking with Apple they all work pretty much the same. I know, how rude of Marty not wanting a new tanzanite ring for his birthday. He wasn’t something for his gym. Go figure. Marty loves the Ayn Rand books, I tried to read them but didn’t enjoy them. That is a pretty strange rumor someone started about us. When I was teaching at the local college they had a campus swamp and I listed my anniversary band and 2 ladies who used to work with us sent me an email to see if we split up. I thought that was a strange question as well. I am keeping good thoughts for your kitties. Your ice cream looks fabulous.

AV, academic work sounds like fun to me. I hope you get ice cream soon. You deserve it.

Mamabean, that does look like a blue zircon. Very pretty. Your pendant is definitely blue. You’ll enjoy that. Sweet. Oh no that you got pinched so bad by those children. I helped out a group of kids when I was in high school and got kicked, bit and someone blew their nose on the sleeve of my coat. Yes, I did win a band from Chris Ploof; I believe it’s stainless steel with swirls. I am getting it made in Marty’s size. I tend to wear a few of my RHR rings the most but try to cycle them all through. I still want more though. No reason you can’t want another diamond ring. What do you see when day dreaming about this ring? I am always planning my next purchase. Good deal you are having a relaxing weekend; lounging around in your PJ’s and reading PS is a great way to relax.

We had a very busy day. I woke up at 6:30 and Marty was still sleeping - he usually gets up at 4 am so I happily went back to sleep. We woke up after 8. I took a shower and we went out for breakfast. Next stop was grocery shopping; I like when I go with Marty because I buy all the heavy stuff I don’t want to carry in. Ha! While he was checking out I wandered over to the Hallmark store and got a puzzle for Christmas and Shot Glass Tic Tac Toe game for a Christmas gift. After we got home I took care of everything and Marty headed to the gym. I was going to lift but Marty forgot his iPad so I ran it over to him then stopped at Kohl’s. A friend of mine saw Snoopy stuff there this morning so I wandered through the store twice, asked 3 people who worked there and no dice. I texted my friend who finally realized they saw them at BB&B. I did pick up a new outfit though - black pants, a black top with blue and purple flowers and a plum sweater. Nice and fall looking. Then I went to BB&B. I didn’t get any of the Snoopy stuff but still looked around while i was there. I came home and lifted. Marty got home about then and he grilled us steak and corn on the cob. After we ate he headed by to the gym to meet a a client and I started on laundry. The good news with all this walking is my knees aren’t doing to bad. I really think lifting is helping me. Sweet. I did take some Advil though.

I wanted to smack my one sister tonight. She is the one I’ve been running around getting the Snoopy stuff for from McDonald’s. I asked her and she said she got my 2 of the books I don’t have; she was wanting to get with me to pick up everything and when I asked about my books she said “oh I didn’t get you one; I just got them for the girls.” I didn’t call her the name I wanted to; after doing that for her she doesn’t think of doing me a favor after saying she would. Sigh.

At work the other day I saw a thread someone started who compared an ACA and a CBI in person. Unlike all the threads I usually see they said the diamonds definitely had different personalities but both performed really well in all lighting and they decided to keep the ACA and return the CBI. Most of those threads seem to be heavily pro CBI; and like this person said I find mine definitely perform different but both are great diamonds. I was going to comment later but I can’t find the thread. Makes me wonder why the thread disappeared because so many of those threads seem to always push CBI and say they are better diamonds. Just commenting I thought it was strange I couldn’t find it again.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy
@marcy hey girl glad you got a new outfit! I love Kohl's and it's always fun to get some new fall clothes. I'm sorry your sister wasn't very nice. Sisters are awesome but sometimes no filter and selfish. I hope things are better now. I love that you love Snoopy and teddy bears. I love teddy bears too and mermaids.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
GM girls!

@junebug17 wonderful news that your home escaped damage from the storm and very convenient having a property manager. That's one of our benefits in our Brooklyn home too. We haven't been back for months but we have people there for us taking care of things ie smoke alarms going off and luckily the maintenance people heard it called us and with our permission went in to fix it. Makes a big difference when you cannot get there yourself.

Glad you are feeling a bit better but hopefully soon you will be feeling all better. Take it easy and enjoy the rest of your weekend. Sending you healing hugs and lots of good wishes. XOXO

@marcy aww thank you for the mega dust. We certainly need it. Fred isn't eating still. He ate a tiny bit yesterday on the appetite stimulant but not enough to sustain him and this AM nothing and he is still super constipated no matter what I do. And Bobby has a new area that I feel confident is RW. New area despite all these weeks (7) on Itrafungol (we are on bottle 12 already can you believe it?) and 7 L-S dips. What is going on and is this some weird resistant RW? Sorry to go on about this but if I don't share I will go crazy. Scratch that. I am going crazy anyway.

My iPhone is over 4 years old. I was supposed to get a new one (we ordered and received it but sent it back) but decided when Greg found more storage space for me with my current phone to send the new one back. Greg kept his new phone because his wasn't working well. So his is 2 months old and mine is over 4 years old. And I hope to keep it for a long time. No more change for me please right now lol.

You certainly had quite the busy day and yay for going back to sleep. We get up before 4AM these days and so relate to Marty. Despite your sleeping in (haha) you got a lot accomplished and woohoo to getting Snoopy. What a journey but you succeeded.

As far as pushing CBI you are not the only one who notices that. No names mentioned but CBI has a big marketing push on PS and has PSers working for him it seems. I have no doubt it is a beautiful diamond but there are lots of beautiful diamonds to choose from and CBI is not the only game in town. Having said that I wouldn't mind having a CBI and ACA one day. Haha. The more the merrier right?

Yay for your knees feeling better Marcy and for lifting helping your knees. You go girl! Looks like Greg will have to postpone his surgery since the cats aren't getting better faster. I feel terrible for him about that but not sure how we can make the surgery happen with all the cat work we have to continue to do.

That is odd that rumor and very unpleasant too. I hate gossip and mean people who make up stories. Fortunately I only experienced that once and recently too (about a year or 2 ago? Time flies I cannot remember exactly when) and this was a very mean girl. I am sure she still is. But she fooled a lot of people and still is fooling a friend of mine but what can you do? You have to take care of yourself and I hope that she doesn't hurt my friend. I tried but sometimes people don't want to see the forest for the trees if you kwim and they have to come to the realization themselves. We do the best we can do. I truly only have kindness and love in my heart for most people and try removing myself from those who aren't kind and nice and show themselves to be mean. No thanks. Life is too short and too hard to be around that. Sorry for the tangent. LOL I am queen of tangents. :P2

Sending you hugs and have a lovely Sunday.

@Mamabean thinking of you and your family and again I am so sorry for all you that you are going through. Sending Chris lots of positive energy and hoping he starts doing better. Sometimes we have to hit rock bottom to pick ourselves up and sending lots of good energy to all of you. Your new pieces are gorgeous and you have a lot to look forward to..friends, family and lots of love all around. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate sending you hugs and love and healing vibes and hoping you feel well and are without any jaw/tooth pain and healing completely without any infection. (((HUGS))).

@AV_ indeed. Sometimes I feel I am the translator for many people and events lol but glad I can be of any help to anyone. I wish I was born rich so I could just be a philanthropist. That would be a dream. To help many people and animals to my hearts content. How is your research going and how are you enjoying your weekend? Hope you are having a lovely time. Hugs.

@Austina hope you had a good night's sleep and are feeling refreshed. XO

@Slick1 hope you are having a great weekend with friends and family and enjoying each hour. Hugs.

@Scandinavian keeping good thoughts for your mom and sending you hugs.

It was a good Saturday for riding and we had a lovely ride yesterday despite a very windy day and we saw the car show in OG too. Fun.

Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 4.53.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 4.54.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 4.54.23 AM.png

and on the way back we saw 2 Blue Herons. I LOVE them. There is a nest here somewhere. They are so graceful and beautiful.

Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 4.56.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 4.55.50 AM.png

That's all girls. As I wrote to Marcy Fred isn't eating and Bobby has a new RW area. Fairly sure it is that. Very disappointing and worrisome despite all the treatment for almost 2 months of oral antifungals and weekly L-S dips and daily intensive cleaning of the house that he got a new area. Don't know what to do but to continue treating as we are and praying they get better. Fred is doing so poorly I don't have much hope he is going to make it through. The RW areas are growing on him (for the most part) but he is listless and lifeless and not eating. I don't know what is wrong with him and we did blood and urine analysis and just feel so sad and scared and exhausted with this whole ordeal. I know if anyone can understand what Greg and I are dealing with you lovely ladies can but even with my detailed posts unless you are living it it might be hard to fully comprehend the misery we are going through. The cats and us. My heart is heavy despite all we are trying to do that we are not being successful and that our cats aren't doing better. And little Oliver is being a terror keeping us awake throughout the night. But there is nowhere to put him right now but in our bedroom. If he relapses I am going to have a NB.

I do not want to end on that note so will share some beautiful cloud photos from Friday afternoon during our bike ride that I forgot to share yesterday.

Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 5.02.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 5.03.54 AM.png

Enjoy a wonderful Sunday lovely ladies. XOXO.

@missy Oh Missy my heart breaks for what you and Greg are going through. Everyday I think about you cleaning and how your heart hurts for your furbabies. One day at at time right, and hopefully your kitties heal and recover.
I LOVE the car show! I appreciate the paint colors and the fun times people have in fixing up the cars. And such beautiful ocean pics!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, I think that band would make a great Christmas gift. Good idea!! My sister does often frustrate me; she is one of those people who worries about being cheated. When she told me they had picked those books up I specially asked if they got me one too and she said yes. Kind of irritated me because I spent several hours a week going to 3 McDonalds to get everything for her. Oh well, I shouldn’t be surprised. I like donating to St. Jude’s; definitely a worthy cause. That makes sense the OP asked to have the thread deleted. It peaked my interest is all. Marty and I talk at home but it’s in short bursts because we are watching TV, or on our devices or he’s downstairs. We are more of a captive audience in a restaurant. I am glad your place didn’t have much damage from the hurricane. Good deal the tree didn’t hit your place. I hope you feel better soon.

Missy, I am sorry to hear Fred and Bobby. Hoping Fred eats today and Bobby’s spot isn’t RW. You are entitled to be going crazy; you have way too much on your shoulders right now. I do remember you got a new phone and decided not to keep it. As long as your phone is still working you may as well keep it. I have an iPad mini I use at work that has become less responsive to touch and locks up a lot. I fear it’s going to become problematic soon. I only really use it for email, text and read on it at lunch. Nothing I couldn’t live without.
I agree with you on what it seems like on CBI threads. I have one and it’s gorgeous, I have 4 ACA and they are gorgeous. There are many great places to buy gorgeous diamonds out there. The more the merrier is right. I think it would be tough for Greg to have his knee surgery with RW gate going on. My sister did really well with her knees but had to take it easy for 6 weeks. I’m with you on rumors and mean people; speaks volumes about them and doesn’t show them in a good light. Sending you, Greg and the kitties mega dust. Beautiful sky photos from Friday afternoon.

AV, good luck with your draft and I hope it’s received well in October. Maybe I should start some rumors about Marty myself. It’ll be something that makes me look good.

Kate, I am so sorry you were in pain last night. IMO, Teeth pain is right up there with you have to feel better to die; it’s awful. I hope you are doing a bit better this afternoon. I eat things I like when Marty is gone too. Do you eat the canned beefaroni or do you make your own version? I make goulash sometimes which is kind of a homemade version of that. Your trip to see fall leaves will be fun; we plan on running up to the mountains next weekend to look. Good luck with getting your house on the market. You’ve got a busy few weeks ahead; have fun. I’ve noticed that as well that certain jewelers or vendors get pushed on here and they have changed over the years. And don’t suggest a vendor not PS approved. You nailed it on lowering prices on CBI; my 3/4 carat pendant is CBI and it was more expensive than the same size ACA. I honestly wanted to see the difference for myself and while it’s very pretty; WF will always be my jeweler of preference. None of my ACAs disappoint or lose their luster next to my CBI. They can hold their own for sure. An OEC pendant would be gorgeous. Good luck at the surgeon tomorrow.

Sharon, it sounds like you are having a lovely weekend. Enjoy.

Bling Dream, what a great weekend, enjoying the ocean and ordering a pink sapphire band.

I woke up about 2 coughing, finally settled that down and got back in bed then my old, achy body started complaining about lifting and everything else I did yesterday. I did drift in and out of sleep again though.

I changed the sheets on our bed, did more laundry, proofed and emailed my October articles out to the newspaper, baked a roast and potatoes for lunch and am watching football. I need to go dust my car and scrub my windows. They get a film on them that is awful in direct sunlight and since I drive east in the morning and west coming home it’s rough. Friday night I was following Marty home from the restaurant and the sun was right in my eyes so I tried to stay behind Marty’s truck what I could see of it anyway. We got to a stop light where a tree blocked the sun and it was a different color and make than Marty’s truck. Oops. I finally took a side street home so I could drive north then east to keep the sun out of my eyes. The curse of being short. As Junebug can confirm; the visor in the Macan is not useful for short people.

Take care.
Marcy

@marcy it really was a great weekend, super relaxing and I can't wait for my sapphire band to arrive - probably early October. You are awesome at cleaning - it's something I'm working on! I work a ton and am back in the workweek but wishing it was still the weekend. Hope you're having a great weekend! And that's awful somebody said something untrue. You are full of integrity and you can hold your high.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@missy, it's great you have people attending to your Brooklyn home; definitely gives you some peace of mind when you're not there for extended periods. Those cars are very cool and I love your pics of the scenery at the beach. Just beautiful. I'm glad you spent some time enjoying the outdoors and the fresh air. I'm sorry things aren't going well with the kitties and you are dealing with so much stress. I am hoping and praying things get better, especially for sweet Fred.

@marcy, I'm sorry you didn't sleep well and I hope you sleep a little better tonight. You had a pretty productive day, especially since you didn't get much rest the night before. Yeah, I agree, the visor on the Macan doesn't work so great for us short people! I hate when the sun is blinding, it's actually really scary and I'm glad you made it home ok. Great idea to change your route.

@AV_, good to hear you're going through a peaceful time and your work isn't stressing you too much. And here's hoping things go more smoothly for you compared to last year. Ice cream for any meal is fine by me :kiss2:

@Tekate, oh no to being in pain, I am so sorry and I can see why you'd be tempted to just ditch the implant. Tooth pain bad enough to wake you up is not a good sign. I hope the surgeon can do something for you. It's a shame this is happening so close to your trip and I'm really hoping you can get this under control. XOXOX

@canuk-gal, nice you had some good weather and you were able to enjoy some walks. Sending good thoughts that your busy workweek goes smoothly.

@bling_dream19, I was referring to Ideal Scope (IS), sorry for the confusion! Glad you had a great weekend, sounds very relaxing, especially the dip in the ocean! I'm excited that you're keeping the cluster pendant, it's gorgeous :love: I hope you love the sapphire band too, I love pink stones.

@Mamabean, I hope you had a good weekend, (((hugs)))

@Calliecake, thinking of you <3

Another quiet day here, just did a few things around the house and read...while dh watched football LOL.

Wishing everyone a good day tomorrow!

thanks for explaining @junebug17 I wish I would have gotten it err! I am loving my IS - need to put some time in to really learn how to use it. I just got a 7.5mm round light lavendar very sparkly spinel from a PSer and I'm getting the hang of using the tweezers but man it's hard to do! Thanks for the cluster compliment - I feel pretty in it. Pink is my favorite color and my DF birthstone so I had to have it right? Looking forward to getting in probably in early October. I hope your feeling better and having a gorgeous week!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
GM girls. Upsetting update. Bobby has 2 new RW areas. We are sure they are RW. SMH because we have been treating for 8 weeks. Itrafungol, L-S dips and anti fungal shampooing. :(

@junebug17 I hope you are feeling all better and glad you enjoyed a lovely weekend with dh. Hope his football team won. Thanks for your good thoughts and prayers. I am fighting feelings of panic right now. I hope everyone will recover and now Bobby is getting worse. Hard to comprehend and I am pushing dark thoughts away. XOXO

@Tekate I am praying your tooth is not infected and I hope you wake this AM feeling no pain. Hoping your surgeon visit today goes well. Please come back and let us know how you are doing and what the surgeon said. Sending you bucketloads of healing dust. Boarding Ollie is a good idea but his emotional well being would suffer too much. If he was older maybe. And also no one will take a cat with RW to board. He is not officially RW free and TBT not sure he is RW free unofficially either. Thanks for thinking of us even with all that you have going on sweet and great Kate. (((Hugs))) and hope today brings good news.

@marcy thanks for the car compliments. I saw my beloved MGs there too. I still want one but I know it isn't the smartest purchase and will not be getting one. Sorry the Macan isn't built for those who are slightly vertically challenged. Be careful driving and glad you got home safely. Looks like you had a productive weekend. I chuckled when I read you changed/washed your sheets. We wash our sheets daily now. It's a bit tiring. And I was hoping we could get our regular comforter back on the bed but now with RW gate continuing looks like I will have to make do with the temporary blanket we bought for this that is easier to wash daily. Hugs.

@AV_ did you enjoy ice cream yesterday? Hope you did and hope this year goes very smoothly for you re work and October brings good news.

@bling_dream19 glad you enjoyed a lovely and relaxing weekend and got to swim in the ocean. Nothing better than being by the sea IMO. And yum to ordering a pink band. Please share photos with us when you have it in/on hand. Exciting. Love bling purchases. Have a wonderful Monday. XO

@canuk-gal Yum I love a good Kale salad. And thanks for your good wishes and glad you enjoyed a lovely weekend. XO

@Mamabean thinking of you and sending lots of good luck dust your and your family's way. Hugs.

@Slick1 hope you are doing well and that everything is going according to plan. Hugs.

@Calliecake what a relief to have gotten that procedure over with and I hope you are enjoying each day to the fullest worry free now. XO.

We enjoyed a good ride yesterday. Over 60 miles woohoo. But today is a work day so not sure what we are going to be able to do re cycling. We have to bathe the cats as tomorrow is L-S dip day and we are doing it ourselves as I decided not to enlist Elaine's help anymore. So off to clean the house soon and then shampoo the cats. Leaving you with our Ice Cream selection from yesterday. :lickout:

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 5.31.41 AM.png

and one of our ferals popping by to say hey.

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 5.05.17 AM.png

Have a wonderful Monday lovely ladies. XOXO.

@missy nothing better than a weekend by the shore - that is for sure. And enjoying bling and ordering bling is fantastic! Hang in there - sending you hugs and dust that this RW exits!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hello lovelies

So sorry to hear your poochie is struggling with age related issues @Slick1. I hate it when they get old and you see them struggling. My second boy, Monty couldn’t see much by the end, but he did manage to get around the house really well. Wow, the wedding has really come round quickly, you must be so looking forward to it. I’m sure things are a whirlwind right now for you all. We’re back in Austin end of November, as Kim and Adam aren’t coming for Christmas this year, then not again till May :(2

You could never be a Debbie Downer @Mamabean, sometimes its easier to share things online with your virtual friends, there’s no judgement, just support. Take good care of yourself xxx. I hope you managed to have a peaceful weekend.

I hope your follow up appt went well today @Tekate and there’s no sign of infection. I really hope the pain is from the prodding and poking and nothing else. You must be so looking forward to getting back to spending time with Autie and your family. How long will you be there, we get to Austin on 30th November, just for a week?

Phew what a relief the tree didn’t damage your house @junebug17 and that’s it’s all been taken care of. Thank goodness for the property managers doing their job. Hope you’ve had a good weekend.

I hope you’re feeling ok today @marcy, sounds like you may have been sickening for something. Agh to your sister not getting your things for you, has she not heard of reciprocating? I had to :lol: at you following the wrong car, sounds like the kind of thing I’d do. You’ve had a busy weekend, so I’m hoping work wasn’t too difficult today.

Oooo pink sapphire band sounds pretty @bling_dream19, photo please as I don’t recall seeing Mamabean’s one.

Oh no @missy, poor kitties, when is this hell going to end? I’m so glad you’ve been able to get out and engage with nature to recharge your batteries otherwise all this stress is enough to send one bonkers! Keep plugging on, you’ve got to believe you’ll all get through this. Xxx

We had a really lazy weekend, well I did, Colin’s been out restaining the sleepers on the raised beds at the side of the house :lol:

Sending big love and hugs to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

@Austina here it is! https://www.etsy.com/listing/531252...y=pink+sapphire&ref=shop_items_search_2&frs=1
I ordered the 18k WG. It's 1.8mm high and 1.8mm wide. My e-ring is 1.8 high and 2.4 mm wide. So, I'm thinking it will be perfect match for height and it will be a thin band - maybe for those hot summer days when my fingers are a little swollen or I will have room for stacking 3 possibly. I'm excited to have something pink on wedding finger. :geek2:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@junebug17 Hi June, I wish I had a Macan! they are lovely, I think we are going to go down the used route from now on, John was reading that it's much cheaper and I still love my 2013 X3 BMW altho I think now it has 109K on it and we are going to drive it to Austin and back again.. but when we do finally sell the house and get the new house built (doesn't this sound like years Junie? It does to me, God I hate moving - I mean who does) we are planning to buy a used Tesla if one can find one, Nissan stopped making the Leaf, we figured that most of our driving will then be local, when we go to see Chris or just I do we will fly and use Uber or Lyft, so an all electric seems great to us and we will also have the good old BMW as long as she lasts! June, I went to the doctor at 8:00 a.m. EST and it felt fine by 11:30 I was in major pain again, took 2 Ibuprofens and that abated it a bit and I will call later to get an appt tomorrow and get this whole thing pulled out etc. enough. Thank you for always asking June - you and everyone here are so good to me, and I appreciate it very much. Glad your Sunday was husband watching football kind of day. we just cleaned and hung out and had hummus! I love hummus and only make it, the stuff has been recalled so many times I never buy it at all.. Hope your Monday has been bright June.. xoxo

@marcy Naw I don't eat canned beefaroni, I eat what my mom called poor man's casserole, 1 lbs ground beef, 1/2 onion chopped, 1 can of tomato soup, 1/2 can of water. Cook the beef, drain, add butter (now do remember this was an Irish mother) I mean tons of butter it looks like 1/3 inch of butter - well I don't add that much but my mom did! See our tri weekly baked potato below:

4076568-a-baked-potato-and-a-stick-of-butter-.jpg
Yup that was us.. Now after the butter melts you put in the onions and your soften them, then add 1 can of tomato soup, 1/2 can of water and a salt shaker of salt.. see below

salt.jpg

Simmer for a bit then boil water add 8oz of Ronzoni macaroni, over cook, drain and add to the beefaroni, this is my biggest comfort food in life, I never make it because John hates it - now I make it with less salt and butter and low fat meat but I love it.. You know, I have had 4 ACAs and not one CBI because once you start with one vendor it's tough to change, but logically I can't see why or how a CBI and an ACA could be noticeably different when it comes to brilliance etc.. Cflutist loves hers and she buys many :) he rings are to die for literally. MrsB likes the ACA and her rings are double to die for so I just don't know, I don't think I would get a CBI at this point, I have my EVER and like I said to Missy all I would really like is OEC in the G-M color range at the 1.5 carat range, then I think I could live with myself and just oogle here :) have a good week! xoxo

@Mamabean Hi Joanne I hope your weekend was relaxing.. how's your grandson? again can't wait to see your new stuff! xoxo

@AV_ Yup you are right, I should get the whole thing pulled out.. it's almost a Greek tragedy, although I'm not prominent I am falling.. ;-) xoxo

@bling_dream19 Good morning or afternoon - hope you are having a great Monday and a great week! xoxo

@missy God I am sorry about Bobby and his new ringroom, no words just sadness for you Missy and Greg too of course. Missy the surgeon said he saw no pus, but everytime I press on it I do, it didn't hurt this morning so he said come back in a week BUT if it hurts or anything come back, well tomorrow we have a lunch meeting with the realtor so I will try to get in to see him tomorrow afternoon, I don't know how Slick does it, she and you are my hero's, my surgeon did say he would find a good surgeon in Austin for me and not to worry.. But back to you, I am so broken hearted and wish I had an answer Missy I really do. Don't panic..I wish you could get some of this cleaning and bathing done by someone else besides you and Greg.. Maybe the ferals are popping in the try and cheer you up.. Thank you for taking the time to care about me Missy, you have your hands FULL.. sending love your way and always remember YOUR health.. and keep eating your ice 'cream'. xoxoxo

off to clean ladies.. xoxoxo

ETA: @Austina posting almost the same tiime! Aw Austina thank you! I am getting disheartened a bit bu none the less I keep on moving. I'm glad you had a good weekend, are you planning on any other room makeovers? sending good and happy vibes to you and a bunch of love.. xoxoxo

@Tekate your recipe looks delicious! I love comfort meals from childhood. I hope your mouth is healing and you are ok.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
A couple of photos as I was waiting for Greg to figure a fix for the tire yesterday.

2AEAB41E-461B-4222-9503-5061BA8A6CD7.jpeg

82E23071-953E-4FF2-9B6A-8EB245D83F0E.jpeg

The weather here has been glorious.

Just beautiful! Awesome you have such a handy man! And that's great you got to spend time with a friend. Sorry for the flat but the peach icecream looks delicious - I love peach too!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hope it's OK to chime in and share my thoughts with you. Greg and I got married twice. One was on a spur of the moment whim just 3 months before our bigger planned wedding complete with rabbi and priest. Long story why but suffice to say we eloped and we felt both weddings were special. Not diluted at all. JMO though and of course it comes down to what you and your FI decide works best for you. I say you only (hope to) get married once and do it your way. It's your special day(s) and you should carry it out as you see fit. I love that you want to get married on a Wed as per Irish tradition. That's good luck! And I also agree Wednesday is a tough day to include your friends and family. Very excited for you either way and wishing you all the best.
pretty%20heart.gif

And thank you for being my friend too. <3

@missy thanks friend for chiming in and I am more than open to others chiming in. I'm really torn with how to plan this wedding. At this point, I have 3 wedding bands and no wedding date!!! That's when you know you're a PS bling diva!
Ok, that's great to know that neither ceremony felt diluted and both felt special. It just is a lot to ask people to come to a wedding on a Wednesday. Do you think folks will feel like what's the point of the 2nd ceremony on a Saturday if we were married a few days prior on Wednesday? I've asked my cousin and her husband how they would feel taking off of work to come to a Wed wedding and they were excited and happy to do it! My sister and husband my 2 8 year old nieces would sacrifice taking off of work and school and that would be a lot on them but she said she would do it. Lots to think about. Thanks for helping. DF will be here tonight so we will keep talking and figuring out what's best for us.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results