shape
carat
color
clarity

2 Carat Oval Diamond question

akb218

Rough_Rock
4F0F4E4E-316C-493D-B682-532270AE5B7E.jpeg 396BC5F8-937F-48BC-8E1E-6D926E2BE8A9.jpeg EA39A996-FAB8-42FF-8783-3B2A13A60E6C.jpeg 535C0FDE-708F-4870-9F4C-30AB7183C1CC.jpeg Hi there! New to this site after discovering it today after searching all over trying to determine if this 2 carat oval diamond we are looking at is a good deal. I love ovals and have always wanted an oval diamond in a rose gold setting with a pave band. I looked all over online and found some pretty diamonds but was really nervous to purchase a diamond without seeing it in person first.
My boyfriend and I ended up going to a local jeweler to look at rings and I ended up falling in love with one - she put the diamond in the setting I really liked and it just felt perfect! I could not get over how sparkly and beautiful it looked. So here’s my question...after trying on the diamond in the setting, we were told it is a 2.01 carat oval diamond, J color, and SI2 clarity. I wanted close to 2 carats if possible and she found this stone to match a budget of $10,000 for everything (diamond and setting). I love how the diamond looks, I just want to make sure it’s a good deal since it seems like it is compared to what I’ve seen online. The setting I would like is a rose gold with 3/4 pave band and a hidden halo. Thanks so much!
(I tried to upload a video which really shows how sparkly it is but the file is too large :(

akb218

Rough_Rock
I forgot to mention that it is GIA certified and at the time I didn’t know about all of the percentages and different cuts, so I failed to ask about that but I can definitely get that helpful information!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It doesn’t look like 2 carats, call and ask for the GIA report #

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the Length and Width of the stone? Can you look at the gia report and tell me how many mains are on the back of the stone. Have you looked
at the stone outside and in different lighting? Jewelry store lights tend to make any stone look sparkly.

J color is a little low for an oval so make sure that you are good with the color in all lighting conditions.

The price is consistent with on-line pricing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results