shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, Now Brett Kavanaugh Can Face His Accuser

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Expecting ‘empathy’ and/or ‘dignity’ after targeting, threatening, and attempting to disgrace an innocent person is laughable.

I’m looking forward to the Justice Dept’s investigation into the bogus allegations by those who lied to the Committee in their attempt to smear Kavanaugh. And I hope they all pay dearly if found guilty.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Expecting ‘empathy’ and/or ‘dignity’ after targeting, threatening, and attempting to disgrace an innocent person is laughable.

I’m looking forward to the Justice Dept’s investigation into the bogus allegations by those who lied to the Committee in their attempt to smear Kavanaugh. And I hope they all pay dearly if found guilty.

The committee found her allegations credible, they just chose to believe that the offense was committed by some one else.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/408789-gop-senator-calls-ford-credible
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...3289f6cb742_story.html?utm_term=.d698381cdac8
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...augh-confirmation-reaction-susan-collins-ford

So then I take it that you would also support punishment (of those involved in trying to cover-up) if the investigation turns up corroborating evidence to support the claims. When the investigation proves that Kavanaugh perjured himself are you also agree that he should be punished for lying under oath and stripped of his appointment?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...edible-psychology-research-column/1510524002/
http://fortune.com/2018/09/28/trump-ford-credible-witness/

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Octo2005 Not sure where you’re taking my comments regarding the investigation, but I was referencing Grassley’s referral of several of Kav’s accusers (and one’s attorney) who have since either recanted their stories and/or admitted to making them only for attention seeking purposes.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Octo2005 Not sure where you’re taking my comments regarding the investigation, but I was referencing Grassley’s referral of several of Kav’s accusers (and one’s attorney) who have since either recanted their stories and/or admitted to making them only for attention seeking purposes.
Well, I can certainly agree with you that if it is PROVEN that a person purposely made a false accusation, then they should be punished.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I figured you meant Swetnick and Avenatti and I agree. If an investigation proves that they conspired to lie in a sworn statement they absolutely should face the appropriate consequences. I'm not clear why the FBI chose not to interview Swetnick in the investigation they conducted before Kavanaugh was confirmed but are now investigating her per Grassley's referral. You're already calling them bogus allegations; maybe you know more than I do.

Kavanaugh smeared himself with the lies he told in his testimony at the Senate Judiciary Committee hearings.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When is Ginsburg retiring? :whistle:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hope it ends in this angry man's impeachment. I don't want to see this snarling, misogynistic face on The Supreme Court for even one more year.
BTNF4XIHWJC4RFKA2OR562VR3Q.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope it ends in this angry man's impeachment. I don't want to see this snarling, misogynistic face on The Supreme Court for even one more year.
BTNF4XIHWJC4RFKA2OR562VR3Q.jpg
Will he be impeached before Trump?

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I doubt Mitch would allow a vote for impeachment even if a video of brett literally raping someone surfaced. He would find a way to blame the victim or if they couldn’t do that they would sweep it under the table and call it fake news or a “ locker talk” excuse tape.
Not kidding in the slightest. There is NO moral center there.
I am convinced trump is a serial sexual predator and he needs brett and people like him to do his bidding. Every semi decent person who has gone to work at the White House has quit or been fired when they finally reached the breaking point of their decency.

Mitch sold his soul a long time ago and will not defend the country. The more I see the more I have come to understand that those who trump considers friends are JUST LIKE him. He will not be impeached unless the senate is run by a democratic majority leader, and the republican senators understand they will be voted out if they protect liars and predators.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm honestly still confused as to how there wasn't a single other person that was equally (or more) qualified WITHOUT all this in their past? Let's even just say that they are allegations... was there NO ONE in 330 Million that they could have picked instead?!
For people against affirmative action, republicans really couldn't have found a better suited person?? Oy.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm honestly still confused as to how there wasn't a single other person that was equally (or more) qualified WITHOUT all this in their past? Let's even just say that they are allegations... was there NO ONE in 330 Million that they could have picked instead?!
For people against affirmative action, republicans really couldn't have found a better suited person?? Oy.

Remember who was making the choice: Donald Trump and the Republicans who are now loyal only to him and not to the Constitution or the country. It was Kavanaugh's views on executive power that made him stand out. Of all the candidates on the list Kavanaugh had the most radical views about the power a president should wield; essentially he should be above the law. Of course the Supreme Court nominee had to be he!

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/09/04/kavanaugh-trump-mueller-executive-power-219634

"In Tuesday’s opening session of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearings, Democratic senators expressed concern about the nominee’s views of presidential power. Chris Coons put it bluntly when he said President Donald Trump had nominated Kavanaugh with 'an eye towards protecting himself.' Mazie Hirono piled on, arguing that Trump’s choice is not surprising given that the president is 'committed to self-preservation every minute, every hour, every day.'

These senators are right to be concerned. Kavanaugh seems to hold dangerous views about executive power, views that could undermine special counsel Robert Mueller’s inquiry, ultimately shielding Trumpfrom a criminal investigation. Indeed, Kavanaugh’s writing suggests that, as a justice, he might reject important Supreme Court case law and support the president’s right to refuse to turn over evidence to Mueller’s team. He might also hold that a president can refuse to answer questions in a criminal investigation. In other words, if Kavanaugh is appointed, Trump could have newly found constitutional privileges to undermine Mueller’s investigation."

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Kavanough believes a sitting Pres cannot be indicted. He was chosen because he had written bout that very thing. Trump found an judge who would vote for him on the supreme court. Trump no longer needs Kavanaugh as much, as the Mueller investigation aslo believes you cannot indict a sitting Pres.

The actions of Kavanaugh go back to an era when heavy drinking by males was expected/and or tolerated at social events, especially at college. I have no doubt what-so-ever that he did the acts he is accused of. He truly may not remember them all. By all accounts he was a drunk.

The Yale classmate Max, says he gave the info to the FBI and they never investigated. The young woman(Ramirez) also had witnesses that the FBI never contacted. The FBI claims they had restrictions.
Our institutions are failing us. The Pres is so corrupt nd he brings people that are as corrupt as he is on board in our Gov't. No-one, even the Dems seem to know what to do.

Annette

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Pres is so corrupt nd he brings people that are as corrupt as he is on board in our Gov't. No-one, even the Dems seem to know what to do.

Annette
FYI, The Dems are gonna impeach both Trump and Kavanaugh.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I am not counting on the Dems impeaching anyone. I have never even thought our Gov't could be so weak and unable to protect its citizens. My eyes have been opened to the fact that our Congress cannot do its job. It has no idea how to use its power anymore. It gave it up to the executive branch.

I was thinking last nite and thought about those witnesses against Kavanaugh. The most compelling EVIDENCE is that the witnesses are MALE. The assaults were committed against women, but those coming forward to verify are MEN.

Annette

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results