carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, the movie was OK... but I'm not a movie person to begin with and I haven't seen the others (except for one I think) so a lot of it was lost on me because I think the stories interconnect from one to the next.

Yesterday TR and I brought down a bit load of my stuff! He also changed out my shower head to something bigger that also has a hand held attachment. After a little while he headed back north and a friend of mine stopped over. I may have mentioned her; he has a cousin who also lives in the building. After that I headed home and we had dinner and went to bed early.

This morning a HUGE peal of thunder and flash of lightening woke us up around 4:40. TR looked at the radar and said I had to get on the road NOW because there was a big band of red coming across, so I jumped in the car and fortunately missed a lot of the bad rain. I took a shower at my new place for the first time! Over the past few trips I'd been migrating things down so I had enough to get ready with no problem. It was a quick walk to work from there (about 15 mins) but a wet one! I was here by 7:45.

Still waiting for the identification number to come in so we can do our regulatory filing. Twiddling thumbs...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, some of those series of movies do leave me confused if I haven't seen them all. I love watching some movies but if they don't grab my attention right away, I'm done.

It sounds like things are shaping up at your new place. Showers are important.

What a rude awakening at 4:40 this morning but good deal you beat the heavy rain getting to town. That's great your place is 15 minutes away. You'll enjoy being able to walk to work.

Marty's article was in the paper today. They did a great job on it; he got calls from the local TV station and the paper on base here for more interviews. Nice. A lady called him wanting to know if he could help her get strong enough to quit using her walker. A guy a work brought me a copy of the paper and the top of the page had this great headline for an article about a guy pleading not guilty to a pitchfork stabbing. I folded the article out of the way to get this picture. I am still laughing about it. I do crack myself up.

Pitchfork.jpg

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, LOL on the headline and pic of Marty! I swear, if we were closer I'd get him to train me!

Today was day 2 of driving in and getting ready at my new place. The teak bench I bought for the shower is too big so that's going back. And there are a few other things I picked up that didn't turn out like I'd hoped. That's OK -- BB&B is great about returns.

I met with the kitchen designer at lunch. The building engineer came up too, which was good because he knows a lot about the building. The good news is that removing the behemoth of a fireplace from the living room is no problem. I can also move the refrigerator over to the other wall, so I'm happy about that. What I'm NOT happy about is that there a pipes going up the wall on both sides of the kitchen sink so my plan to take the entire wall down there is not going to fly. I think we're going to have to cut into the wall to see exactly where they are. Ugh. But it is what it is so I'll just have to work with whatever we find in there.

There wasn't a lot of other productivity going on here today. Everything I got started on was sidetracked in some way. Such is my life...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am totally still laughing about that headline. I am sure Marty would be glad to train you; darn it's quite a commute though. I just lifted and found out I was overachieving - I didn't know the difference between sets and reps so was doing 10 extra presses. :lol:

Sounds like your place is shaping up. Nice. Yes, BB&B is great about returns. We haven't wandered around there for a while.

I hope you find a way to open up your kitchen; darn that pipes are in the wall. You are completely removing the fireplace? Good deal you can move the refrigerator. I'd love to change out the sink in our kitchen but we'd have to replace the granite countertop to do that which means you'd have to replace the granite on the other countertops as well. I have a split sink, uneven sizes and just hate it; I wish I'd picked one giant, deep sink. Oh well. We put in a deep split sink at our last house and we loved it. Oh well, not a big deal overall.

I wasn't too productive today either but did set there mumbling to myself a lot "I love my car, I love my car". I could always trade it in for a beat up old Toyota or something and quit working. :lol:

We went out for supper and I ate more than normal for supper which I won't do again when I lift. What's sad is my filet wasn't done enough so I sent it back and then filled up on my baked potato and some bread. I ended up eating about 1/4 of the filet and got a box to bring it home then completely forgot it. Rats.

Marty decorated my gym for me.
IMG_0735.JPG
Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday to me kids!

Curby, there is a BB&B that I now walk past on my way to/from work and it's closing. They have a big sign in the window that says clearance so I stopped in last night to see if there was anything I "needed." Everything is 20% off the price but they aren't accepting coupons... so doesn't that make it the same price as if you bought it at the regular store since there's always a coupon... ? And anything you buy there can't be returned. Uh... let's skip that one!

I just had to cancel my furniture delivery for tomorrow because they've got me slated for 11:30 - 2:30 and I can't do that because the freight elevator is already reserved from 12 - 5. Of course I told them all this earlier this week, but they apparently don't give a sh!t. It is better though because it will be easier not to have to work around a big piece of furniture in the bedroom, but I was still b!tchy to them about it, LOL.

OK, off to see what my birthday breakfast will be!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday Dee Jay.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

The highlight of my day is noticing a message on FB that I won a ring from Chris Ploof designs. I believe it's stainless steel. They had a contest to name the new design and 3 of us suggested aurora so the 3 of us won. Cool. See picture below.

I made peanut butter cookies tonight for Marty's grand opening tomorrow. He picked up some protein shakes, power bars and snack bags of nuts to have on hand for snacks.

He picked up 3 new clients today - some of the ladies he worked with at the army guard years ago. Sweet.

We are getting a cool lightning storm right now. I think I'll go watch.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Take care.
Curby

upload_2019-9-6_20-16-16.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, that's FABULOUS! I love Chris Ploof; what a lucky winner you are!

Yesterday Wore. Me. Out. I was on the road into the city by 6 am... but it still took me 2 hours to get to the new place. Ugh. I spent an ungodly amount of time scrubbing the patio, and finally I just gave up. It was still wet last time I looked at it, but when I get there today I think I'm just going to put the rug down, slap the furniture on it (which I think was delivered yesterday based on text messages I got from the receiving room), and let it be.

The guy came to measure for new flooring and we discovered by pulling up a transition strip between the the living room and bedroom that the floating vinyl floor was put down over solid maple hardwood floors. Uhhhhhh.....??? I'll be curious to see the condition of the entire floor when the top layer gets pulled up. I'm sure I'll just put another layer of vinyl plank back down because it's more durable than wood, and I went by the flooring store on my way out of town and grabbed a sample that I'm going to look at in my space today, but the guy and I both laughed at it! I was also adamant about replacing the carpeting in the bedroom with the same flooring I put in everywhere else... but now I'm thinking maybe I do want to just replace the carpet. I asked my lady at the flooring place to quote it both ways.

Traffic out of the city was of course horrible being Friday and I didn't get home until about 5:30. I fell into bed about 8 for a "nap"... and I just got up about and hour ago, ha ha.

Today TR and I are taking down things that are too heavy for me to move myself. Namely my filing cabinet drawers full of paper. They stack and I've got two columns of four. Lots of paper! Boxes of kitchen stuff too, and also some big artwork that won't fit in my SUV.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I'm worn out just thinking off scrubbing the patio. I hope your furniture was delivered as texted. I'm also worn out thinking of the traffic you had going home on Friday. Heavy traffic wears me out. I get all stressed and nervous since I'm not used to it.

Ooh to finding solid maple hardwood floors. Good luck deciding what flooring you want to do. I like carpet in bedrooms but mostly because I don't like cold floors on my feet. My parents house had solid oak flooring; from what I understand the guy that bought it was going to pull up all the carpet. The floors were covered right away when we moved in decades ago so I bet the floor was a in good shape.

I hope you got a lot of things moved today.

Marty's open house was good; he only had 4 people sign up for a drawing of 3 months free training. He had some people stop by but not a lot. Hopefully he will pick up some more clients. With the 3 ladies that signed up yesterday he has enough income now for the rent and utilities.

I got up about 7 today, I goofed off online for awhile, took my shower and was going to go life downstairs but noticed an email from work I needed to check on and answer. While downstairs I vacuumed up some wood chunks and splinters left behind from Marty moving things to his gym so I pulled out the shop vac and got that cleaned up. I've told the cleaning lady not ot clean down there the last few times because I didn't want her using the Dyson on that. Now she can clean the man cave again.

I headed to the grand opening about 10:30. After we closed down at noon I ran a friend of mine home and then met Marty for lunch. Now I am working on laundry.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Sunday is winding down. Phooey.

I slept in a bit today. I cooked some short ribs in BBQ sauce in the crock pot. We had them with cottage cheese and corn on the cob. Then I followed it up with some slow churned ice cream and 2 PB cookies.

Marty is napping on the couch. He kicked butt at fantasy football. I lost BIG time. Phooey.

I got my October article done for the paper and wrote up one on the astronomical link to Halloween I thought I'd send them. I thought I'd saved the Halloween article over my October article but luckily I did not.

My right knee is really giving me grief today. Boo.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I have saved things over other things by accident and panic always ensues... And then swearing... Glad to hear you didn't do that!

Yesterday I came downtown with the goal of (a) putting some frosted window film on three small bottom windows leading out to my patio and (b) then putting the patio furniture out there.

(a) became a CHORE. I ended up going to Home Depot and buying a different brand of window film that worked like an absolute charm. The first brand -- utter sh!t IMHO. I did put all the patio furniture out there... and then it occurred to me that I should consider an underlayment of some sort of vinyl or rubber tile to make the area that's outside the rug more attractive. I'm sure I'm over thinking all this, but hey, that's what I do! At 4:20 I finally had to bolt out of there to take the flooring sample back before the store closed at 5. It was a good thing that I had to stop or I swear I'd still be there moving the damn rug back and forth one inch at a time LOL.

(b) went OK, but breaking down the boxes to take them in the recycling room was a monster. I ran out of tape along the way too to wrap them up all need and bundled. Whatever. I'm sure people have done worse than I in terms of putting things in the trash area.

Tomorrow I'm meeting the contractor in the morning to cut a hole in the wall to see how much we can open up the pass-through from the kitchen to the dining room. I really hope we can get a nice big opening!

Alright... on to work on my never ending project...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I have saved over things more than I would care to admit. I remember recreating many things when I was teaching. Swearing is totally reasonable when those things happen.

I am glad you got some window film that worked like a charm; some of it can be a real pain. Definitely a good idea to have something on the patio floor outside the rug area. Yay for getting your patio furniture out though.

I guarantee others have done way worse than that on recycling cardboard boxes. I swear it took me 3-4 months to get rid of all the boxes and packing materials when we moved in here. My dad was a trooper and kept stopping by and cutting them all down for us which helped a lot.

Good luck with the contractor tomorrow. That will be nice if you can open that up quite a bit.

Ugh to working on the ongoing project. That seems to be how my days always go.

I couldn't fall asleep last night; my right knee was going yo ' b*tch! About 2 am I got up and put aspercreme on it and took Advil. I feel asleep sometime after that. The knee is better tonight but not great. I stopped by Marty's gym on the way home. My good friend and another one of Marty's clients wanted me to come lift with them; I just went in to say hi. My friend brought us some black forest cake with cherries soaked in brandy. It didn't suck. Then I went to 3 McDonalds looking for the NASA Snoopy toys and books. I have all of them for me but one book which my sister picked up for me and I have 2 books and 1 toy to try and find for my sisters. My nieces are covered now.

I was anxious to get home I've been marathon watching 10 seasons of Jag and the last 2 episodes are on my DVR. I get out some of that cake to eat, got a huge glass of ice water and turn on the TV - NOTHING happens. I look over there and see our tuner / receiver is unplugged which means the set top box is unplugged. WTH??? I called Marty and asked what's up with the Marantz being unplugged? Apparently it overheated today. Yes, I have 2 other TV's but they are all run off the set top box that is unplugged. Marty is going to have to buy me that tanzanite ring now. Or maybe another tuner / receiver??? :lol:

Oh well, such is life. If that is the worse thing that EVER happens to me; I am doing great.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I think my office bestie and I are going to McD's for lunch. I'll get a Happy Meal and let you know what my prize is in case you want it!

So you're going to love this... I got up at the usual a$$-crack-of-dawn time and drove downtown to meet the kitchen contractor to cut a hole in my wal.. Really earlier than I needed because he was scheduled for 10, but I figured I'd beat the traffic and clean up a little bit too before he got there. Well at 9:45 he texted me that he was late so I went down to my storage locker to organize some things that didn't get put away last weekend. I have these stackable file cabinet drawers that are UTTER SH!T. The pieces come apart all the time and there are these clips that you have to use to keep them together or else they fall forward when you pull them out. I ended up standing on two boxes of books to reach up and over once I had them stacked 4 high... and then I forgot I was on TWO boxes and not just one and stepped down. Of course as gravity did what gravity does it occurred to me that I was going down much farther than I'd anticipated and so I did the thing you naturally do, which was to grab onto anything you can get. In this case that was the chicken wire side of the storage cage. There I was, clinging for dear life, swinging by one arm like an I Love Lucy episode. That of course was just FANTASTIC for my back. NOT. So I shoved everything back in the locker and made my way back to my unit. Then the contractor texted and said how 'bout noon. I wanted to text back "How 'bout you go fvck yourself," but I NEED this done so I can submit the plan for review by next Monday's condo meeting or else I'm delayed by a month, so we're shooting for 3 pm. We'll see.

On a positive note, I got to sit on my new patio furniture for a few minutes! I did come to the conclusion however that the coffee table cubes I bought are too high to comfortably put your feet on so I need to now track down the smaller, 4" shorter" version. Being this late in the season that's a total shot in the dark, and the store where I got them doesn't ship so I actually have to go there to see if they have any left.

OK, enough whining! I'm off to find some food.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, did you get a Happy Meal? I used to buy those a lot on school nights when I was teaching - just enough food and cheap.

OMG, I hate to hear what happened in your storage locker. How is your back? You could have really hurt yourself. Very scary.

Grr to the contractor changing times on you; I hope he did show and you were able to come up with a way to open up the way / kitchen.

Nice you got to enjoy your patio furniture for a few moments today. Don't you hate that when foot stools or coffee tables are too high? I have a little cube foot stool that is way too high for me. It works great for Marty though. He is usually sprawled out on the couch though.

I met a friend for lunch at Culvers today. I tried their new flavor devils food cake; it was okay but a bit too rich for my taste. I am meeting a friend for supper tomorrow so decided to lift tonight. While I was downstairs I picked up coffee cups, water cups and brought all the towels upstairs to wash. Marty is not as OCD as I am about picking up things. :D

Since I am out and about after work tomorrow i might stop by and see that tanzanite ring.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I never made it to McD's yesterday. Maybe today!

My back feels surprisingly not so bad after my little escapade yesterday -- thank god! The contractor did come in the afternoon and we spent TWO HOURS talking thorough stuff. He cut holes in the wall and we can widen the pass-through from 32" to 60". Woo-hoo!

I have a list of stuff let courtesy of my boss this morning so I better hop to it. He's going to be in a little later and I want to be done with things before he gets here so we can talk through them.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, you didn't miss much missing McD's. I remember when Marty was working in Serbia for a month. Every Friday the entire office was so excited because it was going to eat lunch at McDonald's day. They'd all gripe it was awful but they loved going. Marty asked them if you don't like it why do you eat there every week. Their only answer was "It's McDonald's".

That's great your back doesn't feel too bad. That is scary to think how back you could have been hurt.

That is awesome news you can widen the pass through up to 60". That will make quite a difference. Nice.

I hope you got the list done before your boss showed up. I didn't have much to do today. I actually made up a form for appraisals and might start working on them now when I have time. Way to plan ahead, eh? We do them in December.

Speaking of December, we had started the day with really thick fog, we had rain by noon and it's been raining all day. Of course rain in this neck of the woods drops the temperature 30 degrees so when I got gas at about 7 tonight I swear I needed my winter coat.

I met a friend for supper tonight and we both enjoyed a margarita. Mm.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, LOL on the guys in Serbia getting excited about lunch at McD's! But I have to confess that one time I was traveling around Italy by myself and I indulged in a big mac in Rome. All that great food and I wanted "two all beef patties, special sauce... " !

Good news! The contractor cut more holes this morning and the plumbing is clear to the rest of the way up. Woo hoo! Man I can't wait to get this project going.

Today I need to go through all of our policies and take out one blurb that we realize is inaccurate based on the way our system directs people to the "compliance" page. All that important regulatory stuff and it's a technical glitch that causes me to touch every damn policy -- oy!

OK, off to get to it. Those documents aren't going to update themselves!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, sometimes we just have to eat at McD's. I occasionally pick up an egg McMuffin on my way to work.

That is awesome you can cut more holes on the wall. That will make an amazing difference to your place. How exciting.

That sounds like quite a project to go take out one blurb in every single policy. Must do that compliance stuff though. I am sure my mandatory course is coming soon as well. I did work on appraisals though. I got my self appraisal done - I hate doing that and then wrote 2 of my employee's appraisals. We are slow right now and that is pretty scary. There have only been 2 of my 4 employees there on my original team and they aren't having any problems getting all the work done. Oh oh. The other 2 member team was done before noon. Things pick up in a few weeks but we are usually getting really busy by now.

Oh and wouldn't it be nice if all those documents could update themselves for you.

I saved myself some money tonight. I went to see that tanzanite band at the mall and they didn't have it in stock. They also had the St. Jude's teddy bears and puppy dogs. I didn't like them enough to bring one home but i did buy one each and donated them.

I had some chicken nuggets for supper and hope to finish a book tonight. This one has been a real page turner.

And tomorrow is Friday! Woo hoo!
Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, are they going to get the band in for you to see? And too bad you didn't like the pups or bears for yourself, but it was very nice of you to donate!

Yesterday I worked until about 4 and then bolted for the car so I could do a call from 5-6 on the road. I stopped at another At Home store at a different suburb and got the smaller version of the cubes I'm using for a coffee table on the patio. The 18" ones are higher than the seat of the furniture so you can't really put your feet on them without your knees being uncomfortable. I've been trying to track down the 14" version all over god's green earth and I finally found two of them. Today I'm going to go to a different store and see if I can get two more for side tables. I also picked up a few more pillows that go with the patio color scheme.

The contractor sent over the quote for all the work in my unit and it was very reasonable as far as I'm concerned. We need to talk through a few items today but I'm pretty happy at this point and I don't think there will be a big difference based on the couple of changes to be made to the scope.

I'm going to do something CRAZY this morning... I don't color my hair but I got the brilliant idea that I can try a non-permanent rinse and see if it changes my grey to blond. It won't affect the dark blond color of my non-grey hair because there is no ammonia or peroxide. Fingers crossed -- I'd rather it does nothing all than anything bad, LOL.

OK, off to see what's happening. We got a ton of rain last night and TR headed down into the basement quite a while ago and hasn't come up again so I'm fearing there's water...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Weekend.

Dee Jay, the girl who waited on me didn't even offer to bring in the band for me to see. The help at that store is very lame except the store manager and he wasn't there. Oh well.

Good deal you found some 14" cubes for your patio. Those higher cubes are uncomfortable for sure (at least for me.)

Sweet the estimate for your wall project came in reasonable. When did he think he could do the work if you decide to go ahead with it?

Did you put a rinse on your hair? Do you like it? I keep toying with doing a highlight but if I'd just go dry my hair in the sun it would lighten up.

I hope TR's basement was dry. Is he still looking for a place closer to the city?

We had a busy day at work; at least the day went by fast. Marty was at the gym still at 5 so we met for supper. Tomorrow we have to go to the bank and order checks for his business. We both have to lift and probably should pick up some food.

Marty orders these obnoxious work shirts (t-shirts since he works at home most of the time) and it says Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. It didn't dawn on me until after lunch today that meant WTF. I'm so quick. :lol:

Marty is watching Atlas Shrugged on Prime. Looks pretty awful to me.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I've had a busy day. I woke up at 6:30. Marty was still asleep which is rather shocking so I went back to sleep. We went out for breakfast, the did the dreaded grocery shopping and Marty went to lift and I did some more shopping. A friend of mine told me they had a bunch of Snoopy stuff at Kohls so I wandered the store twice and couldn't find it but I did get a new outfit. After texting my friend she realized the Snoopy stuff was a BB&B so I ventured there next. I didn't buy anything there though. I lifted when I got home and then Marty grilled steaks and corn on the cob for us. He went to meet a client and I am working on laundry. Hopefully I can goof off some tomorrow.

I hope you are having a great weekend.
Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, I got the Snoopy Book #3 with my Happy Meal finally! Do you need that one? If so I'll send it to you. Or, you can come and meet me for lunch in Phoenix in a few weeks while Marty goes off an wrecks the rental care in California! :cheeky:

I have not successfully found four of the smaller cubes! Of course it took me several days and an ungodly number of miles to do it, but whatever. I also picked a bathroom vanity that cost an absolutely OBSCENE amount of money (it's the same line as the one I put in my last place) but since it's custom it's going to take 8 weeks. The guys can do everything else and then come back and finish that one thing. I've found a bunch of mirrors that I like so I need to just go buy one of them, and I think I've settled on a light for over the vanity but I want to go to Home Depot, Lowes and Menards before I place the order to make sure there's nothing local I can just put in the car and drive home..

My best traveling girlfriend and I are looking into a safari. We've been talking about it for ages but I think this is going to finally work out. I bought a bunch of zebra print and cheetah stuff on clearance at H&M a few weeks ago so I'll fit right in, LOL.

Today TR replaced the sink in the kids' bathroom and the panel on the microwave because the display was so dark you couldn't even read it. I spent money on the the internet and got a pedicure. Typical Saturday here in Excitement Land!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, good one about meeting you for lunch in Phoenix while Marty wrecks the rental car in California. :lol:

As a matter of fact book #3 is the one I can’t find. I’d truly appreciate it if you send it to me. They had it the first week here in town but my sister who I’ve been buying all the toys and books for got some for her kids but not me. :wall:We discussed whosoever finds things first would buy them for all of us. She told me they got the Blast Off book so I didn’t buy one. Oh well.

So you did find enough cubes? That’s great. The medicine cabinet sounds quite nice. Have fun mirror and light shopping. I want some new lights for our place but only because I want a change.

A safari sounds quite fun. I love the idea of zebra and cheetah prints.

Your day in excitement land ranks right up there with our thrill-o-meter.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Sunday.

My old, achy body is complaining this morning about lifting, shopping and house work yesterday. I just took Advil so I am sure I'll feel better soon.

I woke up about 1 am coughing; finally got back to bed and sleep about 2 am; then woke up later with the spots in my back that get achy from lifting going yo Marcy - Sup? I told Marty this morning we needed a new mattress. He didn't think I was funny.

I am finishing up on laundry, changed our sheets and have a roast and potatoes baking in the oven.

On my agenda for today proof my October article for the paper and get that submitted. Send out the notice for our astronomy meeting this week to the club and PSA announcements. Quit sneezing and coughing.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, just to confirm the current address I have for you has a street number with some 3s in it and starts with a J. is that right?

I swear I have no idea where yesterday went... I headed out on a scouting mission to get some lighting ideas and six hours later... ??? This morning I hauled all the stuff in from my car to my house. The new cubes... are too small! So the big ones are too big and the small ones are too small. I give up. It's too late in the season to think about this any more. Maybe I'll get reinspired in the spring. Speaking of inspired, I've got everything ready to go for the building in terms of my proposed construction packet, but I need an estimated start and completion date from my contractor. Crickets. If I don't hear something in an hour or so I'll call the guy that's been my main contact so far. It doesn't even have to be an exact date, I just need SOMETHING to put on the form!

My brilliant mirror idea for the master bathroom isn't going to fly. Its a good thing I remembered about the stupid knee wall between the vanity and the toilet because it really limits the size of mirror I can put in there. I think I've found one (and maybe two) that will work, but I'm super glad I (a) remembered, and (b) took the time to measure again before I actually bought anything. Oy. So many moving parts!

Alright, off to do something that out outside counsel called me about on Friday that I've been putting off. Ugh.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is correct on my address. Thank you so much.

Darn neither size cubes work for the patio. It is late to find patio furniture for sure.

I hope you get your construction form completed and submitted. That will make such a difference on your kitchen. Nice.

Good idea to measure things before buying. Guessing never seems to work well for us. I know you are having fun picking out everything. Did you find any lighting you like? I’d redo my entire house if I started.

I wore my new outfit today and this top is worthless. It’s clingy and slick. It keeps riding up so I finally buttoned up my cardigan from top to bottom. Don’t won’t to expose the cube farm to white skin. :lol: I’m always cold at work so I’m sure no one will notice a thing.

I don’t know what one of my employees heated up for lunch but it stinks and I’m plugged up. I thought I was getting a cold but the smoke is awful here plus fall allergies so that must be it. I had a coughing attack at about 2 am and woke Marty up. I heard this hey! He didn’t know if I was talking to him or what. Too funny.

Off to pill my shirt down again and get back to work.

Take care
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

My sleazy top isn't sliding up now that I have my sweater off. I don't know if I'll keep it or not; I swear sweaters at work year round because it's always cold there.

I stopped by Marty's gym on the way home. A girl friend of mine was lifting tonight so thought I'd say hi. I picked up Arby's for supper and got the dishes done already.

Marty has another client coming at 7 tonight so will be home late. He is heading to Denver again tomorrow. I'm trying to arrange a drinking er I mean dinner outing with some friends while he's gone.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, your book is all wrapped up and ready to ship! LOL on the sleazy top. Some fabrics just don't do a good job of staying put.

Yesterday I was going to stop at a store on the way home, but I decided to skip it. I'm working today and tomorrow, and on Friday I head to Orlando to see my dad, but on Thursday I need to spend some time in my new house and make a list of things to order. Light fixtures, new outlets and switches with screwless coverplates, faucets... and on and on and on!

My boss and I are having lunch to do my review today. Frankly if my performance were bad I'd know it by now I'm sure so just tell me about my bonus, ha ha!

OK, off to the mail room to get Snoopy weighed and stamped!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, thank you so much for sending me Snoopy. I really appreciate it.

You will have so much fun picking out things for your new place. You make me want to go look around Lowe’s, Menards and Home Depot. New lights, lighting fixtures, faucets and switch plates can really change things.

I hope your appraisal went well and of course that you got a fabulous bonus.

Have a mice trip to visit your dad.

Marty left about 4 this morning. I sent him a text saying goodbye when I got up after 6. Ha ha.
I wore my usual cotton shirt and cardigan today so no wardrobe issues. I am cold right now though. Go figure.
I just watched the Brady Bunch renovation on HGTV. It was rather interesting. This episode they got the entry way, living room and dining done to match the original recording studio set. They have to expand the house down and back though because the house isn’t big enough for all the rooms from the show and they don’t want to change the appearance of the house from the street. The Property Brothers are kind of the hosts of it all.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I used to love the Brady Bunch house! As for wardrobe issues... I have been bringing and outfit with me every morning and getting ready at my new place. This morning I didn't realize until I put it on that I must have left the black tank top I'm wearing under my sweater in the dryer too long. It's not exactly Barbie sized, but it's definitely not the size it was before I washed it!

I didn't get fired yesterday and my bonus was upped nicely from last year, so I'm good with all of that! Today my boss and I have a meeting at 2 and I've got a ton of stuff to get ready for it. Ugh. I'm going to stay downtown tonight in my new place for the first time because I need to do look around at the things I need to order and all this quick running in and out doesn't give me a chance to pay good enough attention. It will be like camping out! Speaking of camping out, my best traveling girlfriend and I are on the verge of booking a safari -- woo hoo! Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results