color
clarity

So conflicted about my ring.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Susan Diamonds

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone! We are out of town this weekend, but I will share the GIA stats when we get back home and I can see the certificate.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whooohoo!!! Congratulations! It looks stunning.

Susan Diamonds

Rough_Rock
I think that's a terrific and very elegant idea. Nicely sentimental, also. :))

Do you have the stats/GIA cert on your new diamond that you can share with us? I want you to have gotten everything that you didn't get with your first stone, and I remember (clearly!) its cut proportions on its GIA certificate - yikes! I'd love to see a GIA cert for your new diamond, and for you to have really hit it out of the park!

And to add - congratulations on this huge improvement - and well done to your husband, also! :appl:
Thank you for the nice comments!

Susan Diamonds

Rough_Rock
As promised, here is my new ring’s certificate ☺️

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
So glad that you got the ring you’ve been hoping for! It can be tough with luxury goods to speak up and say that you want it, but I think it’s worth speaking up for.

If you were financially in a bad situation and couldn’t afford it, then I can see why you may want to hold back. However, you mentioned several times being worried that your husband would think poorly of your character for wanting a larger stone, but I don't think that's fair. We all have our likes & dislikes, and it’s important to recognize those likes because that’s honoring yourself. Using a car analogy, I would never hold it against someone for wanting a luxury sedan over an economical one--the ride, driving experience, handling, etc. are just different.

You are just as worthy of a large diamond as he is of a brand new car.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad you were able to get an upgrade. Here are it's HCA evaluation. It should perform better than your original stone.
Cut Advisor Score 4.2

Factor Grade
Light Return:
Good
Fire:
Good
Scintillation:
Good
Spread:
Very Good
HCA Score :
4.2 - Good - Only if price is your main criterion
Looks Like size Beta
lls-big.png

For more info
Probably doesn't sparkle much, but looks a good size for its carat weight.
Diamond Stats
Carat: 1.51
Depth: 61.8
Table: 58
Crown: 33
Pavillion: 41.6
Symmetry: Excellent
Measurements: 7.35x7.4x4.56
GIA/AGS report # :

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you were able to find a ring that really makes you happy! It looks lovely on you!

Susan Diamonds

Rough_Rock
I'm glad you were able to get an upgrade. Here are it's HCA evaluation. It should perform better than your original stone.
Cut Advisor Score 4.2

Factor Grade
Light Return:
Good
Fire:
Good
Scintillation:
Good
Spread:
Very Good
HCA Score :
4.2 - Good - Only if price is your main criterion
Looks Like size Beta
lls-big.png

For more info
Probably doesn't sparkle much, but looks a good size for its carat weight.
Diamond Stats
Carat: 1.51
Depth: 61.8
Table: 58
Crown: 33
Pavillion: 41.6
Symmetry: Excellent
Measurements: 7.35x7.4x4.56
GIA/AGS report # :
Wow! Thanks. This is a lot of information.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
So happy for you Susan! Love your new ring, and the entire "set" is beautiful.

amoline

Shiny_Rock
Glad you were able to find a ring you are loving.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your beautiful new ring! So glad that this worked out for you - enjoy your new wedding set!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Susan Diamonds congrats on getting the ring set of your dreams. Enjoy and wear in blingy love and good health.:appl:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the update @Susan Diamonds, what a spectacular new set!! I love that you are wearing an heirloom for your wedding band :kiss2: I also really like the necklace idea for your original stone.

Susan Diamonds

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the update @Susan Diamonds, what a spectacular new set!! I love that you are wearing an heirloom for your wedding band :kiss2: I also really like the necklace idea for your original stone.
Thank you!! Any suggestions or recommendations for a good necklace setting?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the Barbara setting from Brian Gavin, it's probably my favourite!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!! Any suggestions or recommendations for a good necklace setting?

There is a Stuller (stock brand that most jewelers carry) six-prong basket setting that “floats” on the chain that is a pretty and reasonably priced option. I love six prongs rather than four for how it makes a diamond look rounder. I would not put your original stone in a bezel due to the proportions and thinking the bezel could hamper light return. Since your original stone is shallow, I think it should work better as a pendant than it did as a ring. I’d get the six-prong basket setting (or a four-prong if you prefer) and have it set as low as possible so it’s easy to wear. It’ll look great!

Your new ring is gorgeous and looks good with your band... definitely a much better size with that band!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your new beautiful ring! I’m so happy you love it!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a Stuller (stock brand that most jewelers carry) six-prong basket setting that “floats” on the chain that is a pretty and reasonably priced option. I love six prongs rather than four for how it makes a diamond look rounder. I would not put your original stone in a bezel due to the proportions and thinking the bezel could hamper light return. Since your original stone is shallow, I think it should work better as a pendant than it did as a ring. I’d get the six-prong basket setting (or a four-prong if you prefer) and have it set as low as possible so it’s easy to wear. It’ll look great!

Your new ring is gorgeous and looks good with your band... definitely a much better size with that band!

yes your old diamond should sparkle really nicely as a pendant. I think this is what Distracts was referring to, something that "floats" on your neck https://www.stuller.com/products/87126/16629034/?groupId=203177&recommendationSource=SiteSearch

Susan Diamonds

Rough_Rock

This is so helpful—thank you!! And thanks for the nice complement :mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results