shape
carat
color
clarity

How would L CBI diamond look in 18KY

DiaLuv

Shiny_Rock
I am considering setting my 1.88 L CBI diamond in a HPD Lily setting in 18KY. Any opinions on if it will look to yellow?
Would it look better in platinum? Here is link to the ring. https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/jewelry/jewelry-detail/46/lily.htm

Diamond is currently in a Vatche Royal Crown, 18KY with platinum head.

Thank you for any input.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have any other yellow gold jewelry, such as a necklace, that you can ‘surround’ the diamond with to see what that does to the appearance, and if you like it? I’ve done that with colored gems and trying to decide if a yellow or white metal might be more complementary, and found it to be very helpful for visual purposes.

DiaLuv

Shiny_Rock
Good idea, I'll try that. Thank you the-mother-thing.

Q

Queenie60

I'm sure that the stone would look great in any metal. It's a matter of your comfort level.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
I think the yellow gold will be great with your L CBI, but what color grade are you planning for the Pave? If you do platinum with high color pave the warm CBI will really pop :love:.

DiaLuv

Shiny_Rock
The setting comes with F/G color and VS clarity.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since it is a cbi i believe the color of the metal shouldn't influence the color of the stone, at least not from the top view. So then it is about what's most appealing and wearable for you.

If it were me I'd do 2 tone :) yg basket and prongs with the rest in white metal. Whatever you choose will look fab :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, if you do platinum for the setting, it will highlight the warmth of the stone. See cflutist's floral setting with the warm color CBI diamond. Even if you choose yg for the new setting, the diamonds in that setting will still contrast with the center stone. So I suppose you should choose the color you like best. But in general, I think pave settings look best in platinum and are a little more classic/timeless.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, if you do platinum for the setting, it will highlight the warmth of the stone. See cflutist's floral setting with the warm color CBI diamond. Even if you choose yg for the new setting, the diamonds in that setting will still contrast with the center stone. So I suppose you should choose the color you like best. But in general, I think pave settings look best in platinum and are a little more classic/timeless.
CBIs face up pretty darn white, so you might not see a ton of contrast even in white metal with a white stone halo. I actually wish my N showed more color and had more contrast with my G/H halo! :lol-2:

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
I vote yellow gold!

DiaLuv

Shiny_Rock
Update: I decided not to go with the HPD Lily, I love my Vatche Crown to much to give it up.

I did purchase a anniversary band though. Will post pic in another post.

Thank you all for your help.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results