shape
carat
color
clarity

Any good gem/jewellery documentaries?

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Looking for recs for good documentaries on jewels and the like? What's your favorite?

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm also interested in hearing some recommendations. I am reading a book called Brilliance and Fire about the history of the diamond/jewelry industry and notable figures. It's super interesting and has pictures!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found on utube some fascinating videos done by GRS (Gem Research Swiss Lab) they are on Mogok Rubies and are done by the Gemmologist so are really interesting and educational.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's slightly dramatized, however Outback Opal Hunters has begun it's first season recently and is entertaining. The guys at Opalton make me laugh, one guy was showering and using a scrubbing brush with hard bristles designed for industrial cleaning to get the clay off his face :lol::lol:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Elizabeth Taylor - Auction of a Lifetime, a good one on all of her jewellery that was auctioned off and the stories behind them
Also Inside Boodles the million pound necklace. One of my favourite British jewellery houses and the making of one of their most expensive emerald necklaces

Yes, please keep sharing, I enjoy any opportunity to ogle beautiful jewels!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
NOVA Treasures of the Earth: Gems

LINK from PBS

Loving the term, "efficiently organized carbon"

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Follow The Zebra and Sharing The Rough come to mind.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results