shape
carat
color
clarity

7 years of marriage too late for an upgrade?

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
I posted on another thread that my old wedding set doesn’t fit at 8mospp.. I am really interested in recreating this set but with a smaller diamond. Can anyone school me on these types of rings? Emeralds w/ baguettes on the side?

I’m not looking for a large emerald carat size, maybe just a .75 but I would like it brilliant w/ some fluoro..low maintenance here is my newest dream: https://www.bluenile.com/build-your...YyYSzcBvPqCAQaAp5bEALw_wcB&click_id=636765160

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pfft… Never too late! Love the style you've chosen. Go for it!

:appl:

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
There is no timeline on upgrades. Many people do it for a milestone anniversary but whenever you want is just fine

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You are still married so no, it’s not too late!

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
Question: do emeralds face up much smaller than rounds (for example?)

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
AF56ADE4-1F1A-40F1-8D79-45086B24BBE0.jpeg

Does this look like the real thing? I’m tempted to purchase..

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
7 years of marriage too late for an upgrade?

Not only is it not too late but the longer one waits the bigger the upgrade.
Don't you know that rule? :P2

The first time we upgraded my ER was before we even got married. :oops2:

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
I got these 2 responses from the jeweler this AM.
472D58BE-1AB3-417C-B379-115B09B949CF.png 359A7D01-B084-4E9C-851A-743905287709.png

Do y’all still think it’s worth purchasing? The ring is gorgeous...

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What exactly is he selling? What is the carat weight/color/clarity? Pictures can be very deceiving in terms of size and color. Does he have a 100% return policy? Do a search at the top of the page for emerald cut diamonds. You'll see that the prices are not in line with what he is offering. I would not purchase any stone with so little info; let alone an emerald cut stone. I would want images and feedback before purchasing an emerald cut diamond.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS motto...Anytime is a good time for an upgrade!

However, the dream ring you posted is a 2 carat stone with baguettes. You're not going to get the same look with a .75 stone. Be sure you
like the version with a .75 stone before ordering it.

I do not find the .75 version of the ring attractive. Ask BN if you are going to be able to see metal from the side prongs on the inner side of the
side stones (circled in blue). I tried to find some "real" pictures of this setting with emeralds on BN but couldnt find any.
Capture.PNG Capture.PNG

The other thing you need to consider is what kind of wedding band you want to go with it. I had this type of 3 stone with a pear center. Trying to find
a wedding band to go with it was difficult. I finally ended up with a 5 stone ring but wasnt totally in love with the look.

If you decide to go with this, let PS help you pick the emerald. They are a little tricky. I also worry for you that you are used to a "bigger" ring
and this look with a .75 emerald is going to be a smaller look than you are used to. Be sure that you are ok with that. Perhaps go try some 3
stone .75 rings on so you know how they look on you.

On that ring you posted for $695...ask for a picture of it on someone's hand/finger.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I got these 2 responses from the jeweler this AM.
472D58BE-1AB3-417C-B379-115B09B949CF.png 359A7D01-B084-4E9C-851A-743905287709.png

Do y’all still think it’s worth purchasing? The ring is gorgeous...

how do you know what you're paying for?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a .23 G/SI1...uncerted I assume since it doesnt say so. Sides are .03/.04 a piece.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Its a .23 G/SI1...uncerted I assume since it doesnt say so. Sides are .03/.04 a piece.

I'm sorry, it makes sense they aren't. I think I've been flipping threads a little too much. I would agree with tyty333 and ask for a hand shot for perspective.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The $675 one is going to look super tiny on most people's hands. Such small stones often aren't certified, but it makes it hard to know exactly what you're getting.

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
It is a smaller piece but yes I’m ok with that. It’s actually going to be used as a transition ring while I’m in between babies/pregnancies (as my fingers swell) Here are several pics of the ring. 3B4FC72D-7F5E-4580-AB5E-FAC7B4FA01FA.png E8695A9E-EB9A-40AF-9D0F-D30A905B1DF9.png 60DCA921-14D8-4794-A4D5-051EE296A253.png 250107C3-8586-4BEA-A80A-191EB3374111.png 8A372A64-AC78-45D0-8756-3B071FF5241A.png

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
Also, the ring would go with my asscher eternity ring. Pictured here 8E51E6BE-7FF2-4D4D-9A6E-FD4209164BAD.jpeg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see it’s returnable if you let them know 3 days after getting it and return within a week (I think). Don’t get it sized or you might not be able to return

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring looks really nice. However, it appears that it is set in an “illusion” setting. Meaning that there is a large square frame of the metal all the way around the diamond to make it look larger. An optical illusion. A 0.23 ct emerald cut diamond itself isn’t that big, but put it in a frame that adds a mm on all four sides will look much bigger. (From a distance)

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Caribbeanbridetobe, I love the vintage ring you found but honestly feel like you could get a larger pre-owned emerald cut that didn’t need the illusion setting to “enlarge it” so to speak. I personally love vintage illusion settings but it does serve to make the very tiny diamond bigger and I feel like you could just get a bigger emerald cut diamond for a little bit more or possibly roughly the same price.

I found two pretty larger “non diamond” emerald cuts on Loupe Troop that you could try out. I found several emerald cut estate rings on eBay. I haven’t checked Diamond Bistro. In any case, regarding the antique ring you love, I think is very pretty but I feel you should identify exactly what size appeals to you and what you are looking for before you invest in a transition piece, and know that this one might be quite small.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
7 years!!! I waited 40 :lol:

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Caribbeanbridetobe, I love the vintage ring you found but honestly feel like you could get a larger pre-owned emerald cut that didn’t need the illusion setting to “enlarge it” so to speak. I personally love vintage illusion settings but it does serve to make the very tiny diamond bigger and I feel like you could just get a bigger emerald cut diamond for a little bit more or possibly roughly the same price.

I found two pretty larger “non diamond” emerald cuts on Loupe Troop that you could try out. I found several emerald cut estate rings on eBay. I haven’t checked Diamond Bistro. In any case, regarding the antique ring you love, I think is very pretty but I feel you should identify exactly what size appeals to you and what you are looking for before you invest in a transition piece, and know that this one might be quite small.

Please do share a link if you can for the pre owned emerald cuts...

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Please do share a link if you can for the pre owned emerald cuts...

Hi everyone, please share any pre-owned emerald cuts with Caribeanbridetobe. Or OP you could do a search on Loupe Troop or Diamond Bistro or eBay diamond “emerald cut” to see both natural diamonds and stimulants in emerald cuts. There are many. Caribeanbridetobe, if you tell us what you are looking for and what 4Cs and price, people can post what we find here. Are you looking for permanent or transitional ring? IMO $700 is too much to pay for a temporary ring. I recommend that you think about getting your permanent upgrade size color clarity now, even if that means pre-owned and a bargain! OR get something really transitional like a travel ring. That’s only my opinion.

Last edited:

Venzen007

Shiny_Rock
"7 years of marriage too late for an upgrade"
I assume you're talking about the ring and not the wife? Lol

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"7 years of marriage too late for an upgrade"
I assume you're talking about the ring and not the wife? Lol
She is thinking about upgrading the husband and the ring...:lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results