shape
carat
color
clarity

Does your husband or bf knows how much you weigh?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
or do you keep it a secret?...:))

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes he knows ;)2 Having had a year of ill health and hospital/dr visits, he probably knows my blood pressure too. #Kiddingnotkidding

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right I know mine knows because I just had surgery and it’s on the paperework.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Yep. I actually just asked him to make sure. He was off by two pounds.

We both lift weights, so we talk about lifts as percentages of body weight a good bit, so honestly it would be weird to not know how much each other weighed.

I am at a place where I am happy with my body and with my weight, and that makes me really not care about the number. The number truly means very little in terms of how your body looks. My weight has stayed the same as I have dropped multiple clothing sizes while losing body fat and adding muscle. And now it is going up as I’m adding more muscle. If I just went by the scale I would miss all of that change.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep. I actually just asked him to make sure. He was off by two pounds.

We both lift weights, so we talk about lifts as percentages of body weight a good bit, so honestly it would be weird to not know how much each other weighed.

I am at a place where I am happy with my body and with my weight, and that makes me really not care about the number. The number truly means very little in terms of how your body looks. My weight has stayed the same as I have dropped multiple clothing sizes while losing body fat and adding muscle. And now it is going up as I’m adding more muscle. If I just went by the scale I would miss all of that change.

I love this! I'm very much into lifting weights but alas have not made much progress these last 2 years bec of my health (i'm getting better though). I love that you and your man lift weights together - couple goals! Yay!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I just asked, he was 30lbs off but at least it was 30lbs lighter than heavier :lol-2:

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I love this! I'm very much into lifting weights but alas have not made much progress these last 2 years bec of my health (i'm getting better though). I love that you and your man lift weights together - couple goals! Yay!

To clarify, we don’t actually lift together. He goes at some ungodly hour before work and lifts with a trainer. I go around lunch or before I pick the kids up from school. I do see couples who lift together and it looks amazing. He came with me once and it was so damn nice to have a spotter. Oh well.

It’s great that you like to lift! What kind of program or trainer are you using? I’m sorry to hear you have struggled with your health. I have as well with autoimmune stuff and various injuries. Right now I’m using a program from Bret Contreras and I love it. Focusing a lot on glute strength.

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, he knows. Even knows the lower and upper limits of the 5 lb range I gain and lose. My goal is 5-10 more pounds of muscle!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To clarify, we don’t actually lift together. He goes at some ungodly hour before work and lifts with a trainer. I go around lunch or before I pick the kids up from school. I do see couples who lift together and it looks amazing. He came with me once and it was so damn nice to have a spotter. Oh well.

It’s great that you like to lift! What kind of program or trainer are you using? I’m sorry to hear you have struggled with your health. I have as well with autoimmune stuff and various injuries. Right now I’m using a program from Bret Contreras and I love it. Focusing a lot on glute strength.

Ah ok. But it's still fantastic that you're both into weight-lifting. My partner also trains but he focuses mainly on strength and not so much aesthetics so no 6-pack there, lol.

I had a personal trainer who trained me 3 times a week and I was making amazing progress and started to lift heavy weights. My trainer and I even thought of me competing. Alas, since I fell ill, it's mostly been about focusing on getting better. So my training has taken a bit of a back seat, though I do have a home gym and I train just to maintain now. I have Hashimoto's (for ages now) and a bunch of other things (last 2 years). But I am taking steps to address my issues. How do you train with injuries? Autoimmune issues truly suck. I love working on my glute too. How long is your program for? And what are your goals? Will you compete or are you focusing on building mass?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha yes he knows but only because I am losing weight due to stress and we had to buy a scale to monitor it. If it wasn't for that he wouldn't have a clue. And honestly neither would I. I never kept track of my weight before this.

Unlike @Queenie60 's dh he is not proud of my weight and neither am I.:(2 I am in double digit territory and not near triple digits. Definitely too low for me at 5'6" so I am working on getting my weight back up but with all the stress of everything and the constant cleaning I cannot hold onto calories very well at the moment.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. I don’t even know how much I weigh. I’m extremely active, and gauge my weight by my clothing size. Already need a belt to hold up the new jeans I bought this Spring! ;)2
Muscle weighs more than fat, so...the scale is not my friend...lol!!! :lol-2:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, but we care more about health than actual weight on the scale. The two are related but we aren't too concerned about actual numbers on the scale.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
you and he should MYOB ;-)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix I sincerely hope you are feeling better and better, you are a lovely lady and your taste in jewelry makes me swoon, take care (I'm sure you are) best regards.

Ah ok. But it's still fantastic that you're both into weight-lifting. My partner also trains but he focuses mainly on strength and not so much aesthetics so no 6-pack there, lol.

I had a personal trainer who trained me 3 times a week and I was making amazing progress and started to lift heavy weights. My trainer and I even thought of me competing. Alas, since I fell ill, it's mostly been about focusing on getting better. So my training has taken a bit of a back seat, though I do have a home gym and I train just to maintain now. I have Hashimoto's (for ages now) and a bunch of other things (last 2 years). But I am taking steps to address my issues. How do you train with injuries? Autoimmune issues truly suck. I love working on my glute too. How long is your program for? And what are your goals? Will you compete or are you focusing on building mass?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. I asked him last week if our home scale was accurate. I hadn’t weighed myself in months.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
No, he doesn’t know, but I wouldnt really care if he creeps up behind me while I weighed myself. I’m active and workout a lot so the weight I’ve gained is all muscle :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. I asked him last week if our home scale was accurate. I hadn’t weighed myself in months.
Yup, Most scales lie...:wink2: that's why I don't have one at home.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix I sincerely hope you are feeling better and better, you are a lovely lady and your taste in jewelry makes me swoon, take care (I'm sure you are) best regards.

Awww. Thank you so much. x

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes he does and I even know how much he weighs!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nope! I know that number, but he doesn't and I'm not planning on sharing. :razz: I'm currently losing, and have told him how much I've lost. :D

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He knows an approximate number, yes (my weight fluctuates ~5lbs over the course of the month).

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Yes he does, mainly because I complain about gaining 23 lbs this past year. But thankfully he tells me he likes this weight on me, so I'm very lucky to have a hubby that makes me feel beautiful, what ever size.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yep I weigh myself weekly...been on a 5 year lifestyle change where I have lost 105 lbs, so I moan and groan when I gain a pound and celebrate when I weigh the same

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Not sure why my weight would be anyone's concern but mine and my Physician.

On a lighter note, the only time I can recall having a scale at home was after a business trip to Beijing where my DH bought me a Hello Kitty scale from the markets. It didn't work! LOL:lol-2::P2 Served him right.:bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think he does. I also don’t think he cares.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I put on a LOT of weight about 15 years ago when I had a bad back injury and spent a year on my stomach due to mobility and pain issues. Since then, despite many ups and downs, it's been on a downwards trajectory, going down oh-so-slowly. DH has been on this excruciatingly slow journey with me (I've lost 60% of what I put on) - as well as working through a dozen other medical issues with me over the last few years. My metabolism is so slow due to meds and damage to my thyroid due to other meds - losing a pound is a cause for celebration. We both weigh ourselves every morning and exchange numbers and I'm working really hard to lose 8 lbs by Christmas. To do this, I'll have to stick to 1250 calories a day and exercise regularly. It's brutal, but necessary for other health issues - predominantly my back. So all that to say, no way he couldn't know at this point.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results