carat
color
clarity

I want to be Thanos

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And a green also? I am looking! :lol:

D*** I’m really turning into Thanos. I really should take a wear all my rings in one hand shot to remind myself that I already have too many rings... :oops2:
Oh I thought all that green jade of yours would work!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would opt for the blue. It’s a nice colour and big and has a fair pricing. And... could you do a small downpayment for the yellow? I actually love the complete Thanos collection

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
I vote the blue. Yellow sapphires are quite easy to get.

And you can take your time and see if a yellow cats eye might be better. Or a neon yellow chrysoberyl. Better value (as in you can get a kahuna of a chrysoberyl for that price you pay for the yellow sapphire), more lustrous than the yellow sapphire and still with good pedigree and hardness. Or better still, obtain a huge giant cats eye which is rare.

Regardless of what you buy, all you have chosen are very beautiful and I am sure they will be beautiful on your hands.

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@ChaiK A yellow Cats Eye cold be my one and only.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Admittedly the yellow sapphire has me swooning but I’m voting for the blue sapphire (simply because that was your original goal).

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry, but I think the yellow sapphire is lacking in saturation and has a window. You will find a much better stone in the future if you keep looking.

I my humble opinion the blue sapphire is to die for, and an absolute steal at the price. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the blue sapphire also!
I loved Endgame but am more of a Wonder Woman fan.

20190824_182235_HDR.jpg

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s nice and I’ll imagine even better when set. But not clean clean, has some extinction and I think a nice rubellite is easier to find vs the other stone if i do want one later... right? Or are nice reddish rubellites hard to find?

Yeah I just spent the last hour checking the cornflower designation again. Seems like the labs don’t agree on the standard, Gübelin & SSEF outright doesn’t give the designation (only to royal blue, this is an interesting deck to go through for royal blue and pigeon blood designation LINK), which leaves GRS (and I’ve seen some that I don’t like), Lotus (not common in my country) or our local lab (Nanyang)...

Anyway based on the examples I’ve found online this one isn’t vivid enough to be cornflower. BUT... I’ve seen what I thought were dark and non-vivid ones certified by GRS (in my humble opinion, add disclaimers re: maybe bad eyesight etc - I don’t feel secure to criticize a well known lab heh) as cornflower so I really don’t know.

Yeah, will have to spend probably double for a cornflower certified sapphire. So probably not worth it? :confused:

I’m not looking for over 6ct!!! I asked for 3-4ct but he keeps showing me these tempting giants and I’m too weak to say no... like how to resist right? :roll::whistle:

My gut instinct is that you will pay double for a more highly saturated stone of the same size (which all of us look at and think is a shoe in for cornflower blue). But you should ask such a hypothetical of your jeweler, as he is in a position to actually have a good idea about this one. He may roll his eyes though :lol:, as this one is already a nice colour.

Ofcourse you could also ask for a smaller stone of higher saturation in colour. Have you seen any highly saturated 3 ct stones (other than the overly dark 4 ct stones which werent actually very nice. Something which matches your preferred idea of what cornflower should be)? Could you go stick your head in some other jewlers in singapore to see if you could find a knock out 3-4 ct blue. See if it still wows you, or if you are looking at it wishing it was the 6 ct (cause then you have your answer).

Finally I think you should get the rest of us ouy of your head! Buy the one which you are wowed by. Because you are the one who is going to be wearing it, so it is moat important what you think :mrgreen2:.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I could not walk away from the yellow sapphire. It seems perfect.
Sorry, but I think the yellow sapphire is lacking in saturation and has a window. You will find a much better stone in the future if you keep looking.

I my humble opinion the blue sapphire is to die for, and an absolute steal at the price. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

It is almost perfect except for some inclusions at the bottom and the stone is so crystal clear the inclusions are visible at some angles... It worries me that it could be the one that got away... as I mentioned earlier other yellow sapphires have never wowed me like this one and I actually never really wanted a yellow until I saw this one. Argh.

No window! I mean yes tilt window but nothing face up. It’s very nicely cut. Made me think that with this I won’t crave for a yellow diamond...

23A6763F-8568-4B3B-80A5-0B2CFFAF0246.png

But @ChaiK got her 8 ct for $8k... gah. I told my jeweller that a friend got a cornflower at that price he told me is impossible since he can’t get at that price. :(2

Oh I thought all that green jade of yours would work!

No rings! I can’t afford a green in the color I like. Ok I can but maybe have to sell my house hahaha... maybe a big vivid green tourmaline since a big tsav or emerald or jade is out of budget range...

I would opt for the blue. It’s a nice colour and big and has a fair pricing. And... could you do a small downpayment for the yellow? I actually love the complete Thanos collection

He would tell me that he offers installment payments through the bank/credit card :lol:

Admittedly the yellow sapphire has me swooning but I’m voting for the blue sapphire (simply because that was your original goal).

I should have added voting buttons! Was too overwhelmed by the stones

I love the blue sapphire also!
I loved Endgame but am more of a Wonder Woman fan
20190824_182235_HDR.jpg

Is that your tattoo? Gal is such a total babe. Love her as Wonder Woman :kiss2: I think I got a mini crush on her when I watched the show

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I vote the blue. Yellow sapphires are quite easy to get.

And you can take your time and see if a yellow cats eye might be better. Or a neon yellow chrysoberyl. Better value (as in you can get a kahuna of a chrysoberyl for that price you pay for the yellow sapphire), more lustrous than the yellow sapphire and still with good pedigree and hardness. Or better still, obtain a huge giant cats eye which is rare.

Regardless of what you buy, all you have chosen are very beautiful and I am sure they will be beautiful on your hands.

Oh cats eye are rare? I’ve seen a few at my jeweller’s store come and go and never felt interested. He tried to show me and I was like ‘I don’t like cats eyes’... maybe he was thinking ‘this woman dunno what she is missing’. Ooops

Wriston did advise the blue as well. He said yellow is easier to find. Then he told me that 10 over years ago a 5 ct yellow is only 1k and I wanted to take a knife and stab myself in the heart. Ouch.

@ChaiK A yellow Cats Eye cold be my one and only.

It’s that rare/nice??? :eek2: Oops

Must pay more attention to cats eye next time I see...

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is almost perfect except for some inclusions at the bottom and the stone is so crystal clear the inclusions are visible at some angles... It worries me that it could be the one that got away... as I mentioned earlier other yellow sapphires have never wowed me like this one and I actually never really wanted a yellow until I saw this one. Argh.

No window! I mean yes tilt window but nothing face up. It’s very nicely cut. Made me think that with this I won’t crave for a yellow diamond...
I think there were six photos that included the yellow sapphire, just to amuse, here they are isolated on that stone =)2

Yel Sapph 2 (2).jpeg Yel Sapph 3 (2).jpeg Yel Sapph 4 (2).jpeg Yel Sapph 5 (2).jpeg Yel Sapph 6 (2).jpeg Yel Sapph 7 (2).jpeg

Attachments

• Yel Sapph 1 (2).jpeg
    Yel Sapph 1 (2).jpeg
    40.7 KB · Views: 28

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade I do not see allot of great Cat's Eye, prices are not low either - on par with the best fancy sapphire. I am not in the market, so not paying a lot of attention to prices lately.

I hope you might mention such stones here, if you see anything!

Last edited:

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh cats eye are rare? I’ve seen a few at my jeweller’s store come and go and never felt interested. He tried to show me and I was like ‘I don’t like cats eyes’... maybe he was thinking ‘this woman dunno what she is missing’. Ooops

Wriston did advise the blue as well. He said yellow is easier to find. Then he told me that 10 over years ago a 5 ct yellow is only 1k and I wanted to take a knife and stab myself in the heart. Ouch.

It’s that rare/nice??? :eek2: Oops

Must pay more attention to cats eye next time I see...

You could always get something small on this front to try it out and see whether it appeals to you

https://www.etsy.com/listing/615800...earch_query=Cat&ref=shop_items_search_3&frs=1

Ofcourse if you were going to buy a chrysoberyl then my personal vote would be to hunt down a vanadium chrysoberyl. You seem to have a knack for finding rate stones. And these are super prety and super rare. It would also be fun to hunt for!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

I thought about what you mentioned re yellow not being saturated enough and tried to find a color chart for yellow sapphire and this was the only one I could find...

23A3BFDC-85CC-4A44-B92C-958A3B28FEBE.jpeg

I read that canary is desired but it’s actually a bit too intense for me. Like I find the one pictured below too yellow for me if it makes sense?
DD293192-DB03-43C6-A0E0-CFE5D721EBD2.jpeg
So based on below blonde is too pale and canary too saturated for me.
E8F8F44F-3065-4F11-8D1C-982E697FF91B.jpeg

Anyway if anyone has any insights on yellow pls do share.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade I do not see allot of great Cat's Eye, prices are not low either - on par with the best fancy sapphire. I am not in the market, so not paying a lot of attention to prices lately.

I hope you might mention such stones here, if you see anything!

Ya I don’t rem the price but wasn’t dirt cheap as far as I rem...

Think was this
FFEE7CC5-B7A6-4402-860E-88BC6C4E0FE6.jpeg

Pretty ring but not my thing.

And yes definitely happy to share next time I see some.

You could always get something small on this front to try it out and see whether it appeals to you

https://www.etsy.com/listing/615800...earch_query=Cat&ref=shop_items_search_3&frs=1

Ofcourse if you were going to buy a chrysoberyl then my personal vote would be to hunt down a vanadium chrysoberyl. You seem to have a knack for finding rate stones. And these are super prety and super rare. It would also be fun to hunt for!

Ahhhh... need to focus... since limited budget must look for my big 3 first... but yes, nice vanadium beryl if I see any.

I think not... not sure why. Love stars and am up for neon chrysoberyl but somehow not cats eye.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ya I don’t rem the price but wasn’t dirt cheap as far as I rem...

Think was this
FFEE7CC5-B7A6-4402-860E-88BC6C4E0FE6.jpeg

Pretty ring but not my thing.

And yes definitely happy to share next time I see some.

Ahhhh... need to focus... since limited budget must look for my big 3 first... but yes, nice vanadium beryl if I see any.

I think not... not sure why. Love stars and am up for neon chrysoberyl but somehow not cats eye.

Yes it's better to have a few things you love, rather than a draw full of stuff you feel meh about. The trick is knowing which is which :D. Sorry no words of wisdom on yellow sapphires, as I dont care for the colour yellow. But are you sure you want a yellow sapphire, as apposed to a much smaller yellow daimond? Actually you may find this thread interesting

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sparkle-or-colour.245630/

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
As Thanos says,

"The hardest choices require the strongest wills."

Oh but Thanos also said,

"With all six stones, I can simply snap my fingers; they would all cease to exist. I call that mercy. And then what?"

Wah!!!!!:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: Imagine wearing your sapphire and then saying that? :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Who would have known the Avengers: Infinity Wars would be so apt here in the context of sapphire shopping?

PS: Wriston must be Oblivion if he chooses you to be Thanos.....I can see why at 14K usd.

I want to be an Avenger too. Pout.

This got me looking for memes...

A9BCC05A-DE7A-433A-8F99-3FC59B64B651.jpeg
Buy and then go cold turkey?

C8D4277A-BD8E-4C7A-8477-C3DFED24CD69.jpeg

Why of all the MCU must be Thanos?? But then the shiny gauntlet ya... gah, I’m such a magpie.
17447E04-7D46-44AB-BF59-8F180AB6A070.jpeg

Oblivion chose Thanos? :confused:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Yes it's better to have a few things you love, rather than a draw full of stuff you feel meh about. The trick is knowing which is which :D. Sorry no words of wisdom on yellow sapphires, as I dont care for the colour yellow. But are you sure you want a yellow sapphire, as apposed to a much smaller yellow daimond? Actually you may find this thread interesting

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sparkle-or-colour.245630/

I was in the yellow diamond camp until two days ago... :P2:mrgreen2:;)2

You know how yellow looks crap on Asian skin? I don’t even wear yellow gold. So am really surprised that I like the yellow sapphire.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought about what you mentioned re yellow not being saturated enough and tried to find a color chart for yellow sapphire and this was the only one I could find...

23A3BFDC-85CC-4A44-B92C-958A3B28FEBE.jpeg

I read that canary is desired but it’s actually a bit too intense for me. Like I find the one pictured below too yellow for me if it makes sense?
DD293192-DB03-43C6-A0E0-CFE5D721EBD2.jpeg
So based on below blonde is too pale and canary too saturated for me.
E8F8F44F-3065-4F11-8D1C-982E697FF91B.jpeg

Anyway if anyone has any insights on yellow pls do share.

I like lemon, yellow, blonde, bumble bee, daffodil, banana, butter.

Lol I like yellow! So much I got a diamond ring with almost all the shades on the chart :lol:

What are your feels now?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like you’re leaning towards the yellow right now. I know I voted for the blue but you should get whatever makes your heart sing. :love: You could try flipping a coin to choose between the two. Once that coin lands, you usually have an immediate gut reaction telling you which one you want the most. It can’t hurt right? :mrgreen2:

Also, thanks for posting the yellow color chart. I’m searching for a yellow (round) and I couldn’t find anything to describe what color I wanted. ;)2

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl @elle_71125

I want both. Argh. I’m so bad. :blackeye:
Gonna disturb my jeweller tmr and see if he has checked with the local lab re: the blue being unheated and origin etc.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Should an inclusion at the bottom of the stone not visible from the top bother me? :confused: It kinda does and I think it shouldn’t but can’t stop feeling bothered about it. :???:

It’s a black and slightly hairy look inclusion 3-4mm (I think) at the bottom of the blue sapphire. Unfortunately I forgot to take pics. As mentioned, can see from the top down view.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
You know how yellow looks crap on Asian skin?

You must be joking... (or thinking of some other part of Asia!) I see a great fit & envy it (slightly & politely).
-
Then, I keep thinking that the blue is a slight compromise while the yellow cannot possibly be. You know how good a deal the blue sapphire is, I do not see allot to compare with www, true enough.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Should an inclusion at the bottom of the stone not visible from the top bother me? :confused: It kinda does and I think it shouldn’t but can’t stop feeling bothered about it. :???:

It’s a black and slightly hairy look inclusion 3-4mm (I think) at the bottom of the blue sapphire. Unfortunately I forgot to take pics. As mentioned, can see from the top down view.

If it does, it does babe! There is no such thing as should when it comes to things that bother us.

I have a lovely tourmaline with a tilted window that drives me mad. I know it is tilted but I will tilt it, stare at it and be irritated!

voce

Ideal_Rock
The yellow one moves me more than the blue. If the blue is the one to satisfy you so that you have no need for another future cornflower blue, then get that. I'm personally not a fan of the cut of the blue one. I know you require larger stones, but my 1.38 ct unheated cornflower sapphire definitely helps me resist potential buys. If the 6 ct helps you do the same, it would be money well spent.

Late to read this thread because I had no clue what Thanos was. :lol-2:

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Could you ask for some more info about it from your jeweler? Could it cause integrity issues? What caused it (i.e. what type of inclusion)? How big is it?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The yellow one moves me more than the blue. If the blue is the one to satisfy you so that you have no need for another future cornflower blue, then get that. I'm personally not a fan of the cut of the blue one. I know you require larger stones, but my 1.38 ct unheated cornflower sapphire definitely helps me resist potential buys. If the 6 ct helps you do the same, it would be money well spent.

Late to read this thread because I had no clue what Thanos was. :lol-2:

I'm glad someone else said this because I have been thinking the exact same thing. If you can't live without the blue get it, but there are a mile of blue sapphires out there, yes there are also a mile of yellow sapphires out there but finding another emerald cut one that you like in a shade of yellow that you are happy with, that isn't as easy as everyone thinks.... Just my 10cents.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm glad someone else said this because I have been thinking the exact same thing. If you can't live without the blue get it, but there are a mile of blue sapphires out there, yes there are also a mile of yellow sapphires out there but finding another emerald cut one that you like in a shade of yellow that you are happy with, that isn't as easy as everyone thinks.... Just my 10cents.
Yes, most of the ones I've seen tend to have that slight orange modifier that puts them on the golden side of the color chart.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes it is my tattoo Icyjade! I agree about the mini crush on Gal! I adored Lynda Carter growing up and still do.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, most of the ones I've seen tend to have that slight orange modifier that puts them on the golden side of the color chart.

I like that kind of yellow sapphire @prs. And, @mellowyellowgirl has a yellow diamond ring to die for.

Oh, if you get the yellow sapphire, it will go so well with the lavender jadeite rings you have:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:. It will also go with the blue paraibas:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

That blue sapphire will look mad with green jadeite or tsavorites or emeralds:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

What's not to like? Yellow sapphire good! Blue sapphire good! See, nothing wrong with being a bad girl at all.

This is when you call up the money (husband) and order him nicely:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: to do both for you:mrgreen2:. Christmas is coming and then your birthday next year. Maybe?

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results