shape
carat
color
clarity

Need advice regarding Alexandrite ring I am purchasing

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Given the lighting conditions in both pictures, I doubt those are the sunlight vs incandescent colours because both backgrounds are stark white. They've either been photoshopped or something because photography is a pain, hence I would want actual pics of those conditions AND lab verification of origin.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My experience with this seller is he/she gets irritated if you ask a question lol.

I think they just what you to buy and then you do the leg work and return if not ok.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I too have this seller saved with pieces being watched, but I get a bit of a red flag in my head due to them having over 200 Alexs and 85 padparadschas, most of which look like spessartite (meaning very orange with no pink in sight)...:roll:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too have this seller saved with pieces being watched, but I get a bit of a red flag in my head due to them having over 200 Alexs and 85 padparadschas, most of which look like spessartite (meaning very orange with no pink in sight)...:roll:

Also a ton of emeralds.

I had plenty of things saved and then I went and deleted them all about 6 months ago because the negative reviews tell the story for me.

But then the other day I put a bunch of stuff back on my watch list.

H

Horsegirl76

I also have looked at a lot of this seller’s items and my spidey senses always kick in. He has way too much of certain items for me to believe they are legitimate.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked earlier and he has 100% positive feedback, no negatives in the last 12 months.

IIRC, 8+ months ago there were a few negatives (unless I’m confusing him with a different seller) and the reviews said the item was not what it was claimed to be.

I can’t be 100% so take that FWIW.

I would feel better about the seller if previous customers who also post here would confirm their purchases checked out.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
489124B0-FD89-4C1A-9271-132BC9CB9B5C.jpeg

Swoon. $32k

I love their IG. Makes me mad I’m not filthy rich though lol.

Anyway, thought fellow alexandrite lovers would appreciate this one.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Swoon. $32k

They have beautiful pieces, and I think their prices in some things are very fair.

Ari

Rough_Rock
Premium
Received the ring IMG_9366 (3).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9366 (3).JPG
    IMG_9366 (3).JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 21

Ari

Rough_Rock
Premium
I thought I had cleaned it well yet still lots of hair in ring-

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It says it can’t open page because too many redirects? Could you post a pic if available?
I will post in “somebody’s got to buy this stone” so not to hijack thread.

Ari

Rough_Rock
Premium
IMG_9355 (2).JPG

Ari

Rough_Rock
Premium
IMG_9244 (2).JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you take some farther away shots???

Ari

Rough_Rock
Premium
IMG_8907 (2).JPG candlelight

Ari

Rough_Rock
Premium

Swoon. $32k

Sorry! I cropped them to show only the stone-
If I keep this Alexandrite will be resetting into a solitaire ring - either yellow gold or white gold - the diamonds are distracting although they are pretty diamonds

Ari

Rough_Rock
Premium
Can you take some farther away shots???
I will take some more later- leaving this afternoon & will be out of town for several days.. will visit a gemologist & have him check the stone before sending it off to AGL (if I decide to keep it)

Ari

Rough_Rock
Premium
I will take some more later- leaving this afternoon & will be out of town for several days.. will visit a gemologist & have him check the stone before sending it off to AGL (if I decide to keep it)
Will try to send some I didn't crop before I leave

If I keep this Alexandrite will be resetting into a solitaire ring - either yellow gold or white gold - the diamonds are distracting although they are pretty diamonds

Last edited:

Ari

Rough_Rock
Premium
I took a few more photos yet am not portraying stone as it is- earlier photos are close but not showing the green or purple & red flashes that I see - it is a pretty stone- however it is darker than I thought it would be-the photos are lighter - I used my iphone- also I do see inclusions in the enlarged photographs-they are not as noticable when wearing yet I will likely pass on this one. I appreciate all your comments and advice!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the Alex is lovely but as much as I love cluster settings that one isn’t nice. It’s too high and it feels as if they’ve skimped on the diamonds.
I think it’s good value for the money but f you aren’t loving it, no point in keeping it.

Reactions: Ari

Ari

Rough_Rock
Premium
I think the Alex is lovely but as much as I love cluster settings that one isn’t nice. It’s too high and it feels as if they’ve skimped on the diamonds.
I think it’s good value for the money but f you aren’t loving it, no point in keeping it.
I don’t like high clusters either- prefer low settings- I liked the Alex stone though and had I kept, planned to reset into a simple vintage ring- may just have the stone which started this quest made into a ring- It was a ring at one time yet someone made into a brooch. I will post a photo of it for you to see- I think the stone is a color change synthetic yet it is pretty.

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you love this? How are you feeling about it?

Ari

Rough_Rock
Premium
IMG_8262.JPG

Ari

Rough_Rock
Premium
Do you love this? How are you feeling about it?
I like the Alexandrite stone in the ring but not the ring- would've had it reset into a simple vintage/antique setting, yet was having second thoughts about it not being as pretty in a simple gold setting.. (stone is darker in person) may just have the brooch I posted above made back into a ring.. the stone in the brooch changes color- it is synthetic (or maybe only glass) but I love the color! It will be my consolation prize..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results