carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

@missy What an ordeal. I am relieved that you had help. What a truly heartwarming picture of Greg being his best fur baby dad! I am happy that you have been able to get out on the bike. Continuing sending you hugs, love and strength.

@scaninavian I am so sorry you are struggling so. Hoping your mom feels better as time goes and she adapts to the meds. Sending healing and relaxing vibes your way.

@Tekate congratulations on the property purchase. A Northeastener shouldn’t stand out there at all. Lol. But to be near that beautiful granddaughter is well worth it. Good luck with the sale of your ME home.

@marcy Hope all is well and your week is flying by! Don’t we wish our lives away waiting for the weekend? Hope the gym is coming along fabulously.

@AV_ Nice job gardening. I love having my hands in the dirt. Weed pulling, not so much. In fact, keep reading to see what I got in the garden last week! I am happy for you that you’ll be staying put. Must see the snow every year! It’s like the shore, a must!

@junebug17 I hope you’re enjoying your time in S.C. Hope all is well!

@Calliecake How are you feeling? What ever happened with scheduling the procedure. I maybe missed it? Be well!

@Austina Oh my! Lucky you. Sounds like a fabulous vacation! Enjoy!

I am enjoying my last full week of summer vacay and, let me tell you, it is a tad depressing. I am taking long walks and reading books of my choosing, a real luxury, as well as gardening. I know I am lucky to have the summers off but....still :whistle:

The face is healing and I think I’ll just hold right here with ‘fixes.’ Synthetic fillers for my ‘defect,’ as they call it, seem too risky for me. Plus, with the wedding six weeks away, we don’t need any mess ups at this point in time.

THEN this past weekend I developed a red, swollen rash in the crook of my elbow. :angryfire:Seriously WTF? Good news is it is likely not Lyme, my first thoughts. Apparently spiders bite (do not google images :eek2: ), Admittedly I was doing serious garden clean up and carrying it with bare arms. Now I am on antibiotics for that and I had to restart the c diff meds as a preventative. Sheesh. Can @Slick1 get a break already? You have to laugh or you’d cry. :lol:

Thank you, as always, for letting me vent.
Have a great week ladies!

Last edited:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian Don't they do sabaticals in your line of work?
I should get to see some snow this year, sure enough, else I'll forget what it is.

No to sabbaticals, unfortunately. It is very client oriented work, so I would lose a lot of business that would take forever to rebuild. But I'll be fine. I'll probably start on a PhD instead of working. Should keep my mind from rotting, if nothing else. LOL.

Reactions: AV_

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I just went back to the start where you brought Oliver home. I am so sorry you are going through so much right now. You and Greg are doing amazing work trying to get them healthy. I hope Elaine is able to bathe them again Saturday! Any chance you can bring in cleaners to help you? Having someone who can scrub the ceilings and walls and other hard to reach areas once a week on top of your cleaning may help.

Another thing I have been wondering is if an air purifier may be worth getting. Getting those fungal spores out of the air as much as possible would be a huge help. Here is a link that shows what sort of things I am thinking about. There must be something that can at least reduce the spores! https://www.airpurifiers.com/pages/air-purifiers-for-mold-top-5-as-rated-by-experts

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOOT 30C ! Gosh me loves the temps!!:mrgreen2:

Did errands this AM and had a lovely leisurely lunch with family on a sunny patio. Glass of rose too! I deserve it as I work the rest of the week.:P2

Hope everyone is AOK.:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 Hi June, sounds like you will have a wonderful weekend with your family, I hate cleaning for guests but I love having guests :) how's your weather? we had major t storms today and we needed the rain, dry as hay here.. take care and jump once or twice in the pool for me! xoxo

@Calliecake Hi Callie, many animals today are overbred and carry genetic problems, my dog Daisy was one, she came from a puppy mill posing as a breeder. I would do her life all over again, we do our best for our furkids, I'm glad you took care of your furbaby Callie. Dealing one situation at a time is the best way to handle it for sure.

@missy I hope Elaine can come and help you! Salley is great with everyone but she will balk if we take her to the groomer then the groomer tells me she is an ANGEL! our kids know us Missy. I'm glad you and Greg gota ride in today and the ice cream looks delicious Missy, what a hectic life girl, I hope things get better soon for you and Greg, you both deserve it so much. Your pictures are beautiful Missy, just beautiful, like you :) ah on Fred, I understand his feelings of wanting to just 'chill' what a beautiful boy he is Missy.. I hope all is going to get better and give Greg a huge hug for me please.. sending healing dust to you both and your kids. xoxoxoxo

@Scandinavian Hi Scandi, thank you for your kind words about my house, speaking of houses is your summer home finished yet? pictures! please. I tend to like very modern, by which today is mid century modern, but in this little subdivision we bought land in there is already a house like this so we have to find plans we like, the builder we are going to use has an architect in his group of people he does business with and we plan to sit down with the architect in Oct. Scandi, I am sorry these choices are upon you... we can't do everything I know, sometimes I miss work, it sort of defined me, but my kids were in their early and mid 20s when I retired.. I hope if you have to stop working you can go back to your career full force. Sending you loving dust Scandi, healing dust for you mom, hugging dust for the rest of your family... xoxo

@Slick1 Wise decision to make witht he wedding so close. I am so sorry about you having to take antibiotics again, and the cdiff med. I hope when school starts you are feeling good and when the wedding comes you are feeling fantastic and ready to dance! sending you good vibes and healing vibes too! xo

@Austina Hi Austina, hope the cruising is going splendidly and that you are tan and happy! Wish it were me, I love to cruise. take care..xoxoxo

@Mamabean hey lady what's new? xoxo

@marcy Hey lady how's the knee? been lifting? how's Marty's back? I hope both of you are feeling better, how's your beautiful skies at night? Almost all of America will have light pollution soon, bet not your way yet! I'm jealous! hope work is going well too Marcy :) xoxox

@canuk-gal Hi Sharon!!! hope all is well with you girl. xoxox

night ladies!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I hope it works doing one dip at the vet a week and one bath at home with Elaine’s help. Sounds like a good process. Cleaning everything sounds like such a challenge and you are keeping things as normal as possible for the kitties. I don’t like the peach skin either; I peel it right off. Marty tried one of our peaches today and said it was really good. I ate too much at supper thought and didn’t get a peach. I plan on having one for breakfast tomorrow though. Getting old is not for sissies. Thanks for the offer to come there to get my knee replaced; I am sure the doctors would be better. I hope the RW is behind you sooner than later too. I love the picture of Greg and Fred; it made me smile. Sweet picture of Fred on the couch. Thank you for the Snoopy picture about sprinkles. It’s very cute. Love the beach shot.

Austina, that drive on the narrow, winding road sounds scary. I’d be nervous. Marty did lift less weight this week and his back feels better. Maybe he will keep that up. Enjoy your trip.

AV, I can’t believe we are getting to the end of August. I can see snow in my near future.

Kate, sorry to hear John’s knee is acting up. Every time I stand up I make sure it’s going to work before I move. One of these days both John and I will be getting that surgery. Glad to hear you are doing well. I hope you have a great real estate agent and everything goes smoothly for you. Love the picture of Mike and Daisy. Daisy is a cutie.

Sharon, I think a martini before driving along those cliffs would help me out.

Junebug, humidity is wonderful for the skin. My hands are so dry right now I know humidity is low here. It sounds like you are having a great time and how fun the family will be there on Friday. Enjoy!

Callie, that is kind of cute your furbaby calms down as soon as you are out of site. I hear little kids are like that too. No, there is nothing wrong with a spoiled furbaby. No, Marty won’t listen to my suggestions of take it easy. He did back off how much he is lifting though. How are you feeling?

Scandi, that is great your dad recovered so quickly from his knee surgery. My sister had both knees replaced and did really well with them. You certainly have your hands full with your mom, helping out with your grandmother plus taking care of you and your family. I am glad you have some friends helping out. Try to take some time for yourself and I know that’s easier said than done. Big hugs to you. I am keeping you in my thoughts.

Not much new in my neck of the woods. I did finally get my Mac PC and Thunderbolt monitor at work yesterday. The monitor is definitely easier for old one eye Marcy to see.

Marty made spaghetti and meatballs for supper. They were delicious but I ate too much so decided to lift tomorrow night.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I am glad you had such lovely weather.

Kate, sadly light pollution spreads in to Wyoming but not as bad as most places. We can still find places where you can see stars down to the horizon and can see stars down to 7th magnitude on good nights.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls. Another beastly hot day here today @canuk-gal you would enjoy it I think. Real feel temp is 95-100 degrees F today.

Good morning girls!
Even if it is not really morning for me - nor @missy, LOL. Girl, how can you get up so early?? Don't you need to sleep? Super human!

Thank you so much to all of you for your continued good wishes. It means a lot to me. I'm very blessed to have such good friends - you all included - for support and for venting my mind. I still can't get over how kind and generous everybody are. I'm OK for now. My mom is really tired this week. I hope next week will be better for her. Or she might accidentally chew my head off, LOL. My work is the practical problem these days. his work hours does not allow for a lot of help. We have relied on a lot of assistance from my parents. But now with my mother sick, I have to call on my dad (they are divorced) tp help with my mother (driving her to the hospital etc) and he also has limited time available. And my grandmother also needs a bit of help with shopping and such things, which my mother used to do but now - oh hey - that's me also LOL. And also, I can't travel to work, because the furbabies can't be home alone for a whole day. And the children has homework and activities and apparently they also need a bit of food every now and again. So I'm stuck working from home. And that has its limits, practically as well as from a time perspective. So I might just have to stop working. Oh well. Not the biggest problem in the world. But not really nice either. Sorry for the whole me-me-me.

Hugs!

Aww honey I am sorry. What a challenging situation. Of course you cannot be everywhere at once and you are a wonderful daughter and wonderful mother and wife. You are being torn in all directions. Sending you love hugs and strength. You are doing all you can possibly do and as a wise person told me that is all one can do. The best they can. And if you ask me your best is pretty darn great. Sending you love and hugs and lots of strength and well wishes for your mom.

@missy I just went back to the start where you brought Oliver home. I am so sorry you are going through so much right now. You and Greg are doing amazing work trying to get them healthy. I hope Elaine is able to bathe them again Saturday! Any chance you can bring in cleaners to help you? Having someone who can scrub the ceilings and walls and other hard to reach areas once a week on top of your cleaning may help.

Another thing I have been wondering is if an air purifier may be worth getting. Getting those fungal spores out of the air as much as possible would be a huge help. Here is a link that shows what sort of things I am thinking about. There must be something that can at least reduce the spores! https://www.airpurifiers.com/pages/air-purifiers-for-mold-top-5-as-rated-by-experts

Thanks @TooPatient we think we are OK when it comes to the air and the spores and our system is pretty good at filtering out that kind of stuff but I will ask Greg. Appreciate your input. I also appreciate your kind words. This is one of the most challenging experiences to date and I hope nothing supersedes it though Greg feels with time something else will lol and cry cry cry. But I digress. I have not yet heard from Elaine and I don't want to be a pain but I do really need her to come as promised so hope she will. I should contact her today but was hoping she would contact me. When she offered and I asked if it was too much for her to come every week (she initially said she would come every 3 days but I felt that is too much to ask for) she said she wouldn't offer if she didn't want to so I hope she still feels that way and wants to come. I hate relying on other people. So much. How are you feeling these days? I think of you and always send good wishes your way. Thanks for chiming in and hugs to you and your furbabies.

@Slick1 sheesh we both have had a lot on our plate haven't we? And yes you need a break. You deserve it girlfriend. How are you feeling? Is the bite healing? Thank goodness it wasn't Lyme disease. Sending you hugs and love and buckets of healing dust. XOXO.

@Tekate how are you doing? What is new? Thank you as always for all your warm and generous comments and wishes. I am glad you got some much needed rain. And I hear you about cleaning for guests though after this I will never look at cleaning quite the same. Elaine said our house is immaculate and I said only because we have ringworm haha. Any update about your house sale? How is Autie? How are your kids doing? How is your niece Kate? Has she said how Brooklyn is? I miss Brooklyn. I have to get there soon though as I am almost out of my meds. Sheesh just another time suck we don't need traveling to Brooklyn to pick up my meds. Last time I got enough for 2 months not realizing we were going to be dealing with ringworm and stuck here for the foreseeable future. Sigh. Anyway hope you are enjoying a lovely week and sending you hugs and love.

@marcy dinner looked quite yummy (for a carnivore) and glad you enjoyed it. I am glad you liked the Snoopy pic. I always think of you when I see them. Yes to peeling peaches fuzzy skin. Hate fuzzy skin on my fruit. I am glad you like your new work monitor and can see it more easily. Sweet. Hope lifting goes well tonight and thank you for all your warm wishes.

Hugs you you @canuk-gal and hope you are cycling and enjoying some warm lovely weather.

We had a good ride yesterday and enjoyed Days ice cream. Today is another busy day and Greg has work calls and it is going to be real feel 95-100 degrees F so not sure how the ride is going to go today. I really want Days ice cream but by the time they open it will be super hot out and Greg has an afternoon work call that makes it tight. We shall see. Leaving you with some pretty scenery photos from yesterday and yes an Ice Cream photo too.:lickout:

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 5.35.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 5.35.21 AM.png

And I have shared this fact before. In Asbury park you can see "Like Paradise" on the side of a building but only when the light hits it just right. Yesterday as we were riding the light was just right. Isn't that cool?

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 5.35.50 AM.png

Have a great day girls. May it be "Like Paradise".

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And sweet Fred last night. He is not moving from the love seat couch so all 3 of us are squeezed tightly onto the love seat haha. It worries me he doesn't have energy to move but trying to keep positive thoughts for him and all the other kitties too.

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 5.36.00 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oliver when we first rescued him

oliverasakitten.jpg

And Oliver right now.

oliverthismorning.jpg

He is getting big. Poor sweetie. He is a prisoner most of the day in the playpen. We let him run around our bedroom for a couple of hours early every morning but it isn't enough. I hope we get to the day (soon) where we can let him out with the others. It's so complicated as we don't to further stress out Fred which letting out Oliver will surely do and for them to get better they need as little stress as possible though with daily cleaning/vaccuming etc it is stressful around here. Plus we are not sure Oliver is yet parasite free so in 2 weeks we get to retest. I am not sure we can continue keeping him penned up for another full 2 weeks but if he has parasites he will be kept isolated even longer. So sad because he is now 17 weeks old and his kittenhood is disappearing...

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Hi Missy! we are still waiting on our realtor to come over and discuss price and what to do, up here in Maine nothing moves till spring as winteruh comes barreling in. We own the land and we received an email this morning from the builder and we told him what we are looking for etc. I will be in Austin October and November to watch Autumn, staying with Kathleen my bestie for 2 months, hopefully she won't hate me in the end :) they are going to let me use her hubands little BMW 300 convertible! cool Kate.. (they are really the best friends ever). This saves me tons of money. They travel a lot so I will be alone some of the time anyway. I'm looking forward to being in Austin for 2 months.. I want to be back to have Thanksgiving with Chris. Time is moving quickly. I so hope Fred is feeling better today Missy, I really do. I so hope Ollie is parasite free too Missy.. such a conundrum in your home.. you are the best. Amazing picture of 'like paradise!' too cool.. How's your toe and hands and you! dear lady? xoxoxo

Going to walk Salley Wally now.. BBL!

sending love to all the NIRDIs today.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy YUM and delicious, MBs and spaghetti is my favorite dish of all time.. yours looks especially good! Marcy, you can see way more stars than I can here in Maine, I believe my neighbors on each side of me believe some light good, TONS light best.. ugh... sending love and happiness thoughts to you girl. (the guy to the side of me built his home and to me it looks like a motel, it's loong and there should be a sign saying "we keep the lights on waiting for you" he's a tool in my book anyway.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow a PhD I so admire that Scandi.. I found school very hard on my ADHD :) but my sister was almost done with her PhD when she retired, my aunt had her masters in Russian History! so there are some on my family that were quite the scholar(s)! hope mom is feeling good Scandi I really do.

No to sabbaticals, unfortunately. It is very client oriented work, so I would lose a lot of business that would take forever to rebuild. But I'll be fine. I'll probably start on a PhD instead of working. Should keep my mind from rotting, if nothing else. LOL.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’s hot :???:

We were in Portofino yesterday and Porto San Stefan (I think :oops:). It’s been really too hot to do much, so just went for a stroll and came back to the ship. Today is our last day, getting packed and ready to head home and get Dottie. We’ve had an absolutely lovely time, met great people, had so much fun at the trivia quizzes, and eaten far too much!

I’m sorry life is so difficult @scandanavian, sounds like you’re being pulled in every direction. I hope your Mum is coping with the chemo and that it’s doing it’s job in making her better. Keep strong sweetie, you will cope - it’s what women do!

We may actually be in Austin at the same time in November @Tekate! I’m so excited to hear all about your plans for the house. You don’t have any time pressure for starting building do you? Spring is usually the best time here to put a house on the market as it gives people plenty of time to get settled in the summer, before the new school year starts.

Yum to spaghetti & meatballs @marcy, that’s what we’ll be having when we get home tomorrow, I’ve got some all prepped in the freezer. Glad to hear Marty’s back is easing up now he’s cutting back on the lifting.

The summer holiday has gone too quickly @Slick1, and I’m with you on not messing with anything before the wedding. You’re going to look stunning in your beautiful dress and new earrings :love:

I think they massaged Colin then put hot stones on his back @junebug17 , not sure what it’s supposed to do but he enjoyed it :lol:

Did you hear from Elaine @missy, can she come this weekend? I’m glad you’re still getting out and eating ice cream, continuing to send healing vibes to the kitties.

Big wave to all the lovely NIRDIs, I’ll catch up when I’m home :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Slick1, I don’t know how I missed you yesterday in my response. Hi! I guess we do wish part of our lives away looking forward to the weekend; but then all weekend we try to stretch it out and enjoy every minutes. Does that balance it out then? I am glad you are enjoying your last week of summer. I remember when I was teaching astronomy at our community college reading was how I spent most of my spare time between semesters. I missed it. I am glad to hear your face is healing. I wouldn’t go for synthetic fillers either. Oh no to your rash / spider bite. I hope that clears up soon. Take care and rest up for school.

Missy, it is hot there. We were in the 90’s today. It’s getting chilly in the morning though. Oliver has certainly grown. I hope he is parasite free and can venture out with the other kitties. I hope Elaine comes to help out tomorrow. Did you get time for ice cream today?

Kate, that is great you can stay with your friend when you are in Austin and borrow their car; that is a big money saver. Sweet. We always end up with neighbors who want to light up the great outdoors too. My parents back yard was awesome, they had a large hedge that blocked out the neighbors lights, then the house which I would turn all the lights out and a very tall garage blocking off the other neighbors. I could only observe things overhead but it was still pretty dark back there. None of Marty and my houses have been that lucky.

Austina, I bet it’s hot where you are. Have a safe trip home and nice you have some delicious spaghetti and meatballs ready in the freezer. I hope Marty doesn’t push himself on his back. He thinks he is invincible

I swear I was still full today but did manage to eat some leftover spaghetti and meatballs at lunch. For supper I made a BLT and had a peach for dessert. But first I went downstairs and lifted.

Summer is starting to slip away. I can see the sky turning colors already and it’s not even 8 pm.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We’re at Rome airport waiting for the flight home, won’t be for a while because it took less time than we’d anticipated getting from the port to the airport. Never mind, rather be here waiting that worrying we wouldn’t make it!

It’s gone very quickly, but we had a blast, shared the ride with a lovely couple we met on board, originally from China, but have been living in Canada for 50 years.

Looking forward to getting home and getting Dottie, glad it’s a short flight today.

Have a great Friday and see you on the other side.

Antibes

09B46BA2-069D-4AD2-A6FA-454C36C59113.jpeg 8AF6AD7B-EBD1-4E17-AEE1-1888C940DB3A.jpeg

Mahon, Menorca

A6E72C09-82A5-4314-95B8-31816DA1EADA.jpeg 745830B5-1BAA-4943-8819-D68300BAA069.jpeg 13DE669E-6E46-43C1-862C-FA4C2A60C710.jpeg

Ajaccio

5C63DFCC-93CA-42A5-BEE7-13CF881A2994.jpeg

So crowded on deck :lol:

70E87F44-4ED4-4229-B1B2-B080175004A2.jpeg

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls.

@missy Hi Missy! we are still waiting on our realtor to come over and discuss price and what to do, up here in Maine nothing moves till spring as winteruh comes barreling in. We own the land and we received an email this morning from the builder and we told him what we are looking for etc. I will be in Austin October and November to watch Autumn, staying with Kathleen my bestie for 2 months, hopefully she won't hate me in the end :) they are going to let me use her hubands little BMW 300 convertible! cool Kate.. (they are really the best friends ever). This saves me tons of money. They travel a lot so I will be alone some of the time anyway. I'm looking forward to being in Austin for 2 months.. I want to be back to have Thanksgiving with Chris. Time is moving quickly. I so hope Fred is feeling better today Missy, I really do. I so hope Ollie is parasite free too Missy.. such a conundrum in your home.. you are the best. Amazing picture of 'like paradise!' too cool.. How's your toe and hands and you! dear lady? xoxoxo

Going to walk Salley Wally now.. BBL!

sending love to all the NIRDIs today.

I know for sure your bestie could never hate you and will love you staying with her for 2 months. And how great you can use her dh's convertible. That is cool. Good friends are priceless. And yay for having Thanksgiving with Chris. Time is moving quickly. Fred is eating thanks for asking but the cats are not looking great re fungus wise. We are doing everything we can do and I am filled with worry and concern. Plus my thyroid meds-the manufacturer changed them somehow and everyone is crashing who is on them but I do not have time to investigate this properly. I am picking up a refill today and that is the batch that has the issue. There are only 4 manufacturers of NDTs and I have tried them all. This one was supposed to be the "cleanest" and best and now there is an issue. Don't know where I will go from here but I don't have any energy to research this issue and I am quite overwhelmed at the moment. Toe and hands are A OK. Thanks Sweet and Great Kate. Continued wishes for good luck with your house sale. Lots of love and hugs to you.

@marcy wow it is hot by you. Yes summer is slipping away. The days are getting visibly shorter and when I get into bed by 8 PM it is getting dark so I don't feel guilty lol. Yay for lifting yesterday and your food sounded yummy besides the meat portion haha. We did have time for ice cream yesterday though Greg had a 2 PM conference call. We just made it home in time. It's Friyay Marcy woohoo. Hope your day goes quickly and that the weekend is filled with fun. Hugs.

@Austina welcome home. Love your photos. What a great trip and so pleased you and Colin had a blast and that everything went relatively smoothly for you despite the strikes etc. Glad you will be seeing Dottie soon and give her a hug from us.

Did you hear from Elaine @missy, can she come this weekend? I’m glad you’re still getting out and eating ice cream, continuing to send healing vibes to the kitties.

Hi Austina, Elaine texted me yesterday saying Saturday was becoming too hectic so she is coming today. Fingers crossed she actually comes as promised. I asked her to come by 7:30 AM because it takes a long time to shampoo all 4 cats. Hoping it works out. You can read my update above. Bobby's spots are spreading and Fred's legs are looking very bald.:( But at least for now Fred is eating.

Hi @Slick1 hope you enjoy a wonderful Friyay and savor your last week of vacation. And hope your spider bite has fully healed and that you are feeling well. (((Hugs)))

@Scandinavian hugs to you and your mom and hope your mom is tolerating treatments well. Keeping good thoughts for her and you. XOXO.

Yesterday we did all our meds and chores and cleaning etc and then got to enjoy a nice bike ride. The weather has been better than predicted and no complaints here. Not too hot and it stayed dry during the days and just rained at night. Ice cream was yummy as usual.

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 5.15.22 AM.png

Found out there is an issue with my NP Acella med. Everyone is complaining it has changed and it isn't working for them anymore. I just ordered a refill yesterday and then read about this issue. Another (potential but real) problem I don't need at the moment. So exhausted with everything. Picking it up today and hoping somehow my batch hasn't had the changes but I know that is very unlikely. Everyone is complaining. And they are saying it is big pharma trying to take out the NDTs. Normally in the past I would scoff at that conspiracy theory but right now I am wondering if there is some truth to it. All manufacturers of NDTS (only 4 in total) have had contamination and problems with their batches in the past and only NP Acella was clean and good. Not so anymore. I don't know where I go from here but I cannot think about it right now. If I crash who will take care of the kitties? It cannot all fall on Greg's shoulders so I cannot crash. Please let my batch of meds be OK. There are no other options as T4 does not work for me.

Elaine is coming today as she couldn't make tomorrow so expecting her by 7:30 AM hopefully. Not looking forward to torturing the cats with baths but hoping this is the extra treatment they need to get well soon. Bobby's back is getting balder so that is worrisome. I wish new spots would stop happening and that all their spots would start healing. They don't come out for food in the AM anymore as they know the Itrafungol is coming after breakfast. It has to be given with food. Fred is eating now that we stopped the Itrfafungol so that is good. The question is will he get better with just topical applications and lime dips and occasional antifungal baths. We don't know. Hoping yes but since he is older his immune system isn't working as well. Sigh.

One day I hope to come here and give happy happy news. In the meantime thank you for letting me share and vent and thank you for all your good wishes and generous support. Sending each and everyone of you hugs.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kind of hectic here but wanted to check in very quickly -

@missy, I hope Elaine was able to come and the kitties tolerated the baths ok. And hopefully your meds will be effective and work well for you. It's good you've been able to get a little enjoyment from cycling and your trips to Days. Oliver is getting big but he is still so cute and sweet :love: Sending comforting thoughts to you, and lots of healing vibes to your furbabies. XOXOX

@Austina, wonderful pics! Gorgeous scenery and sights, and you look lovely. What a fantastic trip. Hope your travel went smoothly, I'm sure Dottie was happy to see you!

@marcy, love spaghetti and meatballs! Looks so good. You must be happy the weekend is here. It's kind of depressing that summer is coming to a close. I don't feel ready for it lol.

@Tekate, how great you'll be able to spend so much time with Autumn! Spending Thanksgiving with Chris sounds fantastic.

@Scandinavian, I'm sorry you might have to stop working, you do have so much going on and I can see how you could be feeling very overwhelmed. I'm sending lots of support to you as you figure things out. Thinking of your mother too.

@Slick1, I hope your rash is doing a little better, that's the last thing you needed after all you've been through. It's a good idea to hold off on doing anything else with the wedding so close...you are going to look stunning.

@canuk-gal, lunch with family sounds lovely, and I hope work went well for you.

My niece and her dh and my nephew and his gf are here, and my sister and her dh are staying here too. We're celebrating my niece's anniversary, can't believe it's been a year since the wedding.

Love to all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Caturday Saturday. Hope everyone is enjoying a lovely slumber and weekend.

@junebug17 so glad you are having a wonderful time in SC with your family. And wow it's been a year since your niece's wedding? Feels like yesterday. Happy Anniversary to your dear niece and have a wonderful celebration!

@Slick1 hope you have a lovely weekend and are continuing to heal and feel well.

@Austina hope you are getting over jet lag and woke up this morning feeling well rested and content from a gorgeous vacation.

@AV_ hope you are enjoying the weekend and that the flowers are fragrant and that the fruit is abundant.

@Scandinavian thinking of you and your mom and hoping it is going as well as possible and sending you continued healing dust and love.

@canuk-gal hope lunch was yummy and that you are having a nice weekend and are able to cycle while the nice weather is here.

@Calliecake hope your kidney stone continues to not bother you and that when you do have the procedure it goes smoothly.

@marcy did you have your astronomy meeting last night? Yay it's the weekend and no work craziness for a couple of days. Hope you have a relaxing and enjoyable weekend.

@Tekate Kate the great how are you doing? Any weekend plans? Hugs to you and Autie and more house dust sale being sent your way.

Elaine did come yesterday AM as promised and in fact she texted me at 5:45 AM that she was on her way and she arrived at 6:40 AM. We were very efficient and she was done by about 8AM. All 4 cats shampooed. It isn't easy and it isn't fun but Elaine is an expert and does a great job. She is going away for a week starting Monday so not sure when she will be able to come back. She runs a busy rescue and has 2 kids and is always on the go but hopefully she will come back to continue helping us. I didn't ask and she didn't mention coming back but originally she said she would come as long as was necessary.

We went cycling after we finished cleaning and disinfecting the house yesterday and it was really cool out. What a change in weather. Nice. We got a few sprinkles but nothing to write home about and all in all it was a good (and exhausting) day. My thyroid meds are backordered. I have to laugh. I called Cigna and they are going to try getting it and shipping it to me. I need the meds as they are not optional yet they are backordered. Cannot make this stuff up. Not going to worry about it and just see what happens taking it one day at a time.

In the meantime is anyone up for some ice cream? :lickout:

Screen Shot 2019-08-24 at 5.24.11 AM.png

Beautiful clouds in an overcast and cool sky.

Screen Shot 2019-08-24 at 5.25.17 AM.png

Yesterday after we had ice cream Dave of Days gave us T shirts as gifts. How nice is Dave? Very nice! He pretends he doesn't like people but he doesn't fool us.:halo:
Terrible photo of me but the T shirt is great and I just have to share it with you girls. I hope it can hold up to very hot long wash cycles because everything we wear has to be washed in super hot water for a 2 hour sanitary cycle. You can imagine some of my clothes are not faring well.

Screen Shot 2019-08-24 at 5.27.33 AM.png

In honor of Caturday Saturday sharing some new kitty pics. My babies on the couch last night. The poor sweeties have nowhere to go as we had to remove all the cat beds and their human beds upstairs too. Look at tommy and bobby huddling together on the big couch in the living room. I just want everyone to get through this ordeal intact. Fred isn't eating again this AM.:(

Screen Shot 2019-08-24 at 5.29.28 AM.png

And Greg hanging out with Fred last night. Fred has been hanging out with us on the couch and he loves leaning into us feeling our body heat. We are enjoying it despite the contagion risk. Praying our Freddie boy rallies and beats this thing.

Screen Shot 2019-08-24 at 5.31.04 AM.png

It's windy out today and cooler and we are looking forward to cycling as soon as we finish our morning chores. All the morning meds have been administered and soon we will start cleaning the house and then off cycling. Wishing everyone a happy weekend. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Austina, love all of your holiday pictures and you are looking lovely. I’m not picking out Bella though on your hand - of course I only have one good eye. Yesterday when I left work it was raining so I get in my car and I notice little raindrops all over the lens of my right eye, I didn’t see a single drop on the left lens. I thought would is my eye that bad? I pulled my glasses off and there wasn’t a single drop of rain on the left lens; I told Marty that was cruel messing up the side I can see out of. I am glad you had a wonderful time.

Missy, I am so glad Elaine came a day early since we was busy today. She sounds well prepared and organized to help give the sweet kitties their baths. I hope the kitties are eating and looking a little better today. I hate to hear your medicine might be different, why oh why would someone do that to people? I wonder if they fact it’s backordered is they are pulling a big batch that maybe was made wrong? I am glad your toe and hand are okay. No, we don’t want you to have any more problems added to this ringworm nightmare. Sending you lots of mega dust for the RW to start clearing up and the kitties getting healthier. Are the RW spots you and Greg have clearing up and going away? I did not have a meeting last night but I was trying to write my September article for the paper. Love your Dave’s t-shirt; you look awesome in it.

Junebug, I agree it’s depressing to know summer is coming to an end. Less than a month away until the equinox. Have fun and enjoy all of your company.

I was struggling with a topic for the September article for the paper and finally decided on the autumnal equinox, the Harvest Moon and Zodiacal Lights. Fall skies aren’t as dynamic as summer or winter. At least I have a universe of topics to cover. I might do a properties of stars soon.

We went out for breakfast then went shopping to Sam’s Club. My linen closet is now plumb full of paper products again. We had breakfast at Perkins and when I was paying our bill I asked “Can I have a cinnamon apple muffin please?” So the gentleman ringing up my ticket gets me out a muffin and hands it to me then rings up our breakfast. I pointed out to him he didn’t charge me for my muffin; so he said “you asked if you can have a muffin and I said yes”. Too funny. I told Marty I must be cute this morning. And I haven’t even showered yet. We are going to the gym to lift at 3 so I will shower when we get home.

Take care.
Marcy

This applies to me anyway

may-your-troubles-last-as-long-as-your-new-years-resolutions-ecard.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
A few days of gardening & baking got me in shape to deal with the grant I have mentioned - who knows if what I think should be possible trully is! Just one way to know... I could never be OK with this sort of uncertainty - not knowing if allot of work will just prove that it was not worth doing ,( - it is the same for everyone, nevermind the conventional academic hubris - I hate that even more than toiling for nothing much!

@AV_ hope you are enjoying the weekend and that the flowers are fragrant and that the fruit is abundant.

Of course you know what I find important in life...

2019-08-24 20.11.59.jpg

Catching up

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AV, a day of gardening and baking is good for the soul. I hope all your hard work brings you great rewards.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM ladies. Happy Funday Sunday.

Of course you know what I find important in life...

Yes I feel as if I know you @AV_ and feel fortunate to know you. Thank you for sharing here and for all your warm and caring support.

A few days of gardening & baking got me in shape to deal with the grant I have mentioned - who knows if what I think should be possible trully is! Just one way to know... I could never be OK with this sort of uncertainty - not knowing if allot of work will just prove that it was not worth doing ,( - it is the same for everyone, nevermind the conventional academic hubris - I hate that even more than toiling for nothing much!

I agree with you. I loathe uncertainty but sadly much of life is filled with it. I am confident that all your hard work will eventually pay off in a big way but yes all the academic hoops one has to jump through. I have never been one for work politics etc.

Sending you hugs and love @AV_

We went out for breakfast then went shopping to Sam’s Club. My linen closet is now plumb full of paper products again. We had breakfast at Perkins and when I was paying our bill I asked “Can I have a cinnamon apple muffin please?” So the gentleman ringing up my ticket gets me out a muffin and hands it to me then rings up our breakfast. I pointed out to him he didn’t charge me for my muffin; so he said “you asked if you can have a muffin and I said yes”. Too funny. I told Marty I must be cute this morning. And I haven’t even showered yet. We are going to the gym to lift at 3 so I will shower when we get home.

Sounds like a productive Saturday @marcy and yum to cinnamon apple muffin.:lickout: LOL everyone thinks they are a comedian.:P2 You are always a cutie pie Marcy showered or not. Hope lifting went well and that your knees are feeling good today. Yes to having lots of paper products in the house. Greg went to Costco yesterday and we stocked up on everything including lots of Lysol sprays and wipes and paper towels. We are going through all of it at a dizzying fast speed with disinfecting everything constantly. I hope it isn't affecting my health too much as I am very sensitive to chemicals and smells but I am more afraid of ringworm than other issues at the moment. LOL and oy vey. Greg and I are so far, knock wood, doing OK re ringworm and no new spots. But I am very itchy and just a step away from getting infected with 4 cats spewing spores into our environment by the tens of thousands so I am holding my breath hoping for the best. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your good wishes. I don't know when my med will be available so just again hoping for the best. I do need it to live because my thyroid isn't making any thyroid hormone at the moment so really hoping it gets to me before it becomes a dire situation...

Thanks for liking our new Days T shirt. What I like best about it was the price. Free. :lol: And the color is pretty too.:sun: Speaking of pretty here's our ice cream selection from Saturday. Yummmmm.

Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 5.59.38 AM.png

and our sunrise right now. Another beautiful and cool weekend morning.

Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 6.01.09 AM.png

We enjoyed a wonderful bike ride yesterday and hit over 4500 miles on the bike yesterday woohoo. Sadly weekdays mean less riding since Greg's work is getting busier but I do need to ride weather permitting to keep me sane so I will take even short rides during the workweek. But glad today is Sunday and we have one more day work free. As for the kitties we are all just plodding along taking things one day, one hour, one minute at a time. This is an excruciatingly slow process but just praying the cats all get well. Our sweet babies.

@Slick1 hope you're having a lovely weekend. Hugs.

@Scandinavian thinking of you and sending bucketloads of healing dust to your mom. XO.

Have a fun Sunday lovely ladies. XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We got back on Friday evening and collected Dottie, she was fine and had been no trouble. The flight was horrible, delayed, only one toilet working, so we spent the entire flight with up to 10 people queuing by our seats, and to add insult to injury, they ran out of food when they got to us. How, I don’t know, we were in row 4 :shock:

Spent yesterday washing and ironing, then went out to do the food shopping, so we’re all set now.

@missy, I’m glad Elaine was able to come and bathe the kitties, hopefully she’ll resume once she gets back and get them on the road to recovery. Glad Fred is eating a little, let’s hope it continues. Sorry you’re having problems getting your meds, I hope you can get the ones you need without anymore problems.

Woohoo to getting a freebie T shirt, and being able to get out and cycle, and all that lovely ice cream.

What a spectacular sun rise picture!

I wore Bella and Marilyn @marcy, I just turn them round when we were walking about. Sweet that you got a free muffin, cinnamon and apple sounds delicious :lickout: How’re things going at the gym, has Marty picked up any new clients?

I hope you can make things work out for you @AV_ you deserves to after all your hard work. I must get out in the garden and start dead heading my roses this week!

Sounds like you’ve got a houseful @junebug17 , hard work, but fun. Gosh, the year has flown by since your niece got married.

Keeping you in my thoughts @Scandanavian and hoping you’re all coping.

I forgot to tell you that when we were in the theatre waiting for the show to start, a man came up and said that he couldn’t help but notice my rings, they were sparkling like crazy and he said he’d seen me sparkling all around the ship :lol:

Proud Mum moment, Adam sent me a link from an online fitness reviewer, and his App has been rated in the top five! :D

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good weekend, the weather here is glorious, apparently it rained all the time we were away :-o

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina Your cruise has sounded and looked beautiful and wonderful.. welcome home :) Yay Yay if you are in Austin when I am! that would be wonderful... we will have to plan, I'm hoping to be home for American Thanksgiving to see Chris but he said he may come down too.. all up in the air that way.. Dottie I am sure missed her parents! xoxo We plan to put the house on the market when the agent says is the best time, which I believe will be spring :) that is truly interesting Austina about the man coming up to you on the ship, most times I think men don't care, although John does look more since he's been my banker ;-) I had a woman in a McDonalds in Texas comment on my ring, she said it was H U G E (Texas style Huge) I said thanks, she is the only person who has said anything to me, but then Bella is gigantic and has the colors of the rainbow as opposed to the MRB I have which emits rays of light and some color, but that is the nature of the 2 styles, I would love an OEC but the upgrade policy to WF was too hard to resist and I went for the MRB, maybe sometime I will get a OEC from Adam :) have a great rest of the day.

@missy You are right about Kathleen, she is so thrilled to be directing our house in Austin, she keeps telling me not to get this and that! BUT I've known her since 85 and she backs off when I get a bit miffed, she has 2 grandkids in CA so they go there alot besides all the traveling around the world they do.. she is the best, altho 12 years younger than I am her mind is way older than mine! love her husband and kids too! Thank you sweetie! Jeez Louise Missy, I have to plan a trip down to the city when you come back.. I am aghast at how prescriptions change w/o notice etc. I have to pay for my rosacea cleanser because medicare won't.. okay, I pay 800.00$ for it and it last for 6 months, this last batch is wrong, just wrong, I am going to Walgreens this week and find out what the heck is going on... I look like Santa. I hope the furkids are doing better today. I am sooo glad Elaine came and you were able to bath the kids quickly and I do hope she comes back, it's a real help I know. This weekend we were layabouts! John weeded and I swiffered! today is laundry day tho... no other plans, we keep going over the house and what we want etc. thank you for asking Missy girl! Your shirts are da bomb girl.. you look beautiful Missy, kind and truly emanate good vibes... I will be keenly watching re: your meds, you need them Missy as you know so if there's a problem we are here for you as you know to put our genius minds to work for alternatives.. plus all your physician's know you need it. Please take care sweetie. xoxoxo

@junebug17 Hi Junie! talked with Chris yesterday and he said he MAY go to Austin for Thanksgiving or Danny's or out with Dan and Kate's Dad, uncle Charlie! :) so all is up in the air for now. We are planning to put the house on the market in the spring! I read you have a full house! and I can't believe either than it's been a year since you posted about the wedding.. time flies and when one hits the 50s. xoxoxoxo

@marcy What great topics Marcy.. my husband was talking about the equinox this morning, our shadows are getting longer and longer... :) How was that muffin? I love cinnamon anything. xoxoxo

@Scandinavian How are things going? I hope your mom is feeing okay.. sorry it's all coming down, but since I have known you here Scandi I do think you are a lovely woman and you can handle anything.. I really do.. plus your jewelry makes me swoooooon Sending healing dust to you mom for sure Scandi. xoxoxo

@Slick1 How's things going?

@Mamabean What is new and how are you and the fam?

@Calliecake Hi Callie, how are you? how are you feeling? any news on what you are going to do with an operation etc? I hope you are feeling okay. Sending love your way Callie. xoxoxo

@AV_ Everyone said anything I would say to you AV. After reading your posts here in NIRDI I believe you can handle anything and you are brilliant..

Not doing anything today but cleaning ladies!

sending love from Maine.

ETA: I don't remember if I told you all that Katie was making a ring for me, it's a yellow sapphire, 1 carat, brushed 18K yellow gold, she didn't set the stone but she made everything about the ring etc.. It's in the city and Chris is going to bring it down to VA for the cousin wedding at the end of September, I'm excited, I've always wanted a yellow stone! where she does her jewelry classes in Brooklyn require that their students use ethical gems. :)

sapphiremine.jpg

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Tekate @missy @Austina This is a good place to be! Not that it is much of a 'place' - just you good people. I am obviously reading more than writing here (in fact, this is true everywhere by allot! - I'd have to keep typing till the end of days to have written as much as I've read in the first place; then, this doesn't add up - it only makes sense to write inasmuch as a little sums up all that... I'd rather tweet than do papers, to save the world some of the same trouble ,). I hope @Scandinavian is right saying "
@AV_Sounds like you will be very happy!
", I do not know any better!

@marcy Your mention of the Zodiacal Lights got me thinking of when I saw them last time - perhaps 1998! Good reason to treck to the nearest dark place to get reacquainted. Your writing astronomy letters makes me want to write something other than arcane papers - Twitter comes to mind, I'd rather think to shrink the text than keep writing even more prattle.

@Slick1 I agree that the sea and the first snow must be seen each year... Both are still on my To Do list this year (NTS!)

@junebug17 Your house was full this Sunday!

I'll probably start on a PhD instead of working. Should keep my mind from rotting, if nothing else.
I hope your life gets un-complicated enough for this sort of fun.

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I am with you and AV that I’m not a fan of uncertainty. If only we could plan out everything that happens to us. I’ll finish your sentence on everyone’s a comedian - but not everyone is funny. Ha Ha. I did enjoy my muffin this morning. I bet you are going through the cleaning supplies but it’s necessary right now. That’s good you and Greg don’t have any new spots. Hopefully you doctor has some sample medicine you could have if your meds are held up too long. Your ice cream looks delicious and what a gorgeous sunrise. That is awesome you hit 4500 miles on your bike.

Austina, oh no to such a horrible flight coming home. Good idea to spin your diamonds to the inside when walking around. Marty has not got any new clients yet. Fingers crossed there. Too funny your sparkling diamonds were noticed on the ship. That is awesome about Adam’s app being rated so well.

Kate, Kathleen sounds like a fabulous friend; it’s great to be friends with someone so long. Too funny your DH was talking about the equinox; it is rapidly approaching. The muffin was great; big chunks of apple in it too. Beautiful ring Katie designed for you.

AV, I admit I’ve only seen the Zodiacal Lights in the spring; it’s got to be something really special to get me out observing in the wee hours of the morning. I was more apt to venture out at 4 am in my younger days. I hope you get out to some dark skies soon.

My sister and BIL were here most of the day. We went out to lunch and I ordered prime rib; it didn’t set well with me. Phooey. We had ice cream for supper so that was good. It was fun visiting with them.

I got my article tweaked and submitted and even started on the one for October.

I watched TV tonight and dug my scarf out to knit on for a while. Since that equinox is coming I decided I need to get that finished.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls. It's Monday already. And it feels like summer is almost over as the weekend was quite cool and crisp here. Lovely weather.

I forgot to tell you that when we were in the theatre waiting for the show to start, a man came up and said that he couldn’t help but notice my rings, they were sparkling like crazy and he said he’d seen me sparkling all around the ship :lol:

Proud Mum moment, Adam sent me a link from an online fitness reviewer, and his App has been rated in the top five! :D

Ooh congrats Austina. Wonderful! And doesn't surprise me in the least. After all, Adam is your son isn't he. And haha neither does the ring compliment surprise me. Sparkling like crazy is one of Bella's lovely features. Bella is wunderbar in every way. :kiss2:
Sorry you had such a difficult flight but yay for getting home safely and being back with sweet Dottie.

Missy, I am with you and AV that I’m not a fan of uncertainty. If only we could plan out everything that happens to us. I’ll finish your sentence on everyone’s a comedian - but not everyone is funny. Ha Ha. I did enjoy my muffin this morning. I bet you are going through the cleaning supplies but it’s necessary right now. That’s good you and Greg don’t have any new spots. Hopefully you doctor has some sample medicine you could have if your meds are held up too long. Your ice cream looks delicious and what a gorgeous sunrise. That is awesome you hit 4500 miles on your bike.

Thanks Marcy. It's a wonder we hit so many miles but it's a welcome distraction. This week doesn't look too promising for us cycling wise. Greg has to head into the city midweek for a doctor appt that he has been putting off and then we have the lime dips Tuesday and of course work calls for Greg too so lots going on with the daily cleaning/disnifecting/meds/work/doctor appts and such. I feel like I am going crazy and this morning was awful re meds for the cats and Tommy outsmarted us and it seems everyone but Oliver is getting worse. I am feeling very down and scared for the cats.:cry:

My sister and BIL were here most of the day. We went out to lunch and I ordered prime rib; it didn’t set well with me. Phooey. We had ice cream for supper so that was good. It was fun visiting with them.

I got my article tweaked and submitted and even started on the one for October.

I watched TV tonight and dug my scarf out to knit on for a while. Since that equinox is coming I decided I need to get that finished.

Yay for a lovely is it with your sister and BIL but sorry the prime rib wasn't tasty and didn't sit well with you. But ice cream for supper is right up my alley and glad you enjoyed the ice cream and the visit. Yes to getting your article finished and starting the October article already. You are ahead of the game Marcy. Sweet. Nice you are knitting a scarf and before you know it the cool weather will be here for a long while. Where did summer go?

This is a good place to be! Not that it is much of a 'place' - just you good people. I am obviously reading more than writing here (in fact, this is true everywhere by allot! - I'd have to keep typing till the end of days to have written as much as I've read in the first place;

We will take you any way we can get you dear @AV_ and yes this is a good place to be with people who are kind and warm and caring and everything good. Unlike the world at large especially as of late. It's a scary world and sometimes I feel everyone has lost their mind.

@Slick1 how are you? How was your weekend? When does work start? (((Hugs))).

@Scandinavian thinking of you and your mom and continued healing dust being sent her way. And sending you lots of love and strength.

I don't remember if I told you all that Katie was making a ring for me, it's a yellow sapphire, 1 carat, brushed 18K yellow gold, she didn't set the stone but she made everything about the ring etc.. It's in the city and Chris is going to bring it down to VA for the cousin wedding at the end of September, I'm excited, I've always wanted a yellow stone! where she does her jewelry classes in Brooklyn require that their students use ethical gems. :)

Gorgeous ring Kate. Amazing job. Yellowlicious and just so beautiful. Please tell Kate I am impressed. And how great the students use ethical gems too.

What's going on with your rosacea meds? What cleanser do you use? I hope that it gets sorted out soon for you Kate.
I am waiting to hear from the insurance company if they can get my meds. My doctor has no samples but at the moment I cannot think about my meds. The cat situation is getting worse despite all the effort/money and care we are giving. It makes me think very dark thoughts and I am so concerned for the welfare of our cats and beside myself with worry. Yes I know worry doesn't improve anything but it's in my DNA and this is a dire situation. I almost feel like giving up because the harder we try the worse it gets. :cry2: Sorry for being such a downer. Just wanted to get it out. We will continue to fight against the fungus and hope that the cats start improving. :pray:

Have a wonderful week and sending you all hugs and love. (((Hugs))).

We had a good day yesterday. After cat meds and cleaning we went cycling. And got back and was able to give Fred and Oliver a bath ourselves. Forget about Bobby and Tommy though so we are leaving them hopefully to Elaine when she gets back from her trip. Tommy is a wild animal and this morning he hissed at Greg which is not Tommy's MO. We could not give him Itrafungol this morning but we are going to keep trying. He needs the oral meds.

Leaving you with a few pics of our day yesterday.

Starting out yesterday morning cycling action shot

Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 5.48.43 AM.png
Days ice cream in between
Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 5.47.46 AM.png

And guess what? We ran into a PSer yesterday who recognized me while we were enjoying our ice cream at Days. What a treat that was. Shout out to @bling_dream19 it was so lovely meeting you and I forgot to say how gorgeous your ring is! And your FI is so nice as are you. Thank you for saying hello!

And ending the day over 4500 miles for the cycling season so far...

Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 5.48.12 AM.png

Have a great day girls. (((Hugs))).

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Where did summer go?
We will take you any way we can get you dear @AV_
... It's a scary world and sometimes I feel everyone has lost their mind.

Good question re. summer. It rained last night - rained! - out of the first cloud cover since March, and way early - I would not expect much of the same until late October. Unexpected good time!

@AV_ ... all the academic hoops one has to jump through. I have never been one for work politics etc.

Somehow I have been spared politics - if not the sight of it! t is possible to follow ideas and never mind the hoops, but it is a very narrow old road & I've hit a few ditches too; this much for professional 'politics'. The big politics, I got to see so much of that in my former life in Economics, that I can wink at the berserking. I have changed fields to have my say.

-

This should be an interesting week, there is work to do and new people to meet, and editors ,)(· On with it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results