shape
carat
color
clarity

What’s on your eBay watch list?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obviously I would say to only put things up that you really don’t plan to buy, and I would said do a pic and a link so if people don’t want to click through, they don’t have to.

I’ll go first.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-4ctw-DIA...040776?hash=item23bdf89708:g:hc0AAMXQ74JTTru5

3519856D-19F2-43F2-B3A4-83394AEACED5.jpeg

She has really pretty things, but I find her prices in general are high. I LOVE this ring, but not in the market for one right now.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always get nervous that on eBay I’m going to buy someone’s old mall stuff or Wilson’s or Effy :lol::wall:or Ross Simons

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe I should do another thread for this but if someone is searching for antique or Victorian or rose cut jewelry, HOW do you filter out that mass-produced low-quality stuff that is mostly from India and the listings that steal pictures and descriptions but are theoretically sending you replicas in silver with CZ (lord knows what they look like) that are all over the results? This is my current issue with eBay searches, because the item names usually don’t include any keywords I can use without filtering out things I actually want to see. Maybe someone has a way to do it I don’t know about?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@distracts try "antique rose cut diamond ring" or if not looking for a ring replace that with whatever form you are looking for. I've tried that search and gotten good results!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I love looking on ebay for orange blossom rings! I'm not in the market right now, but I love it when I see a good one. I get tempted when it is in my size...

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love looking on ebay for orange blossom rings! I'm not in the market right now, but I love it when I see a good one. I get tempted when it is in my size...

I saw one the other day, can’t remember the seller :confused:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
933F1AFD-8EE8-4BFB-8C0E-E68278A4E811.png 8024B3E1-9AA3-4629-8D87-47456E285FB5.png

@distracts try "antique rose cut diamond ring" or if not looking for a ring replace that with whatever form you are looking for. I've tried that search and gotten good results!

That’s exactly the kind of search that is bringing up either fakes or the Indian stuff that I want to exclude. I posted examples. In this one, I COULD exclude the first one easily by excluding terms relating to silver but since silver was used in some antique pieces I try to exclude only .925 and sterling - which would have caught this one but doesn’t get them all. The second appears to just straight up be ripped off of some other listing except they’re sending you a fake, and the only way I can figure out how to exclude those is either to change the category - in which case I may miss things listed in the wrong category - or to up the price floor, which means I miss lower-priced items and auctions that don’t have many bids yet.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@distracts, that is so strange, this is what comes up when I search:

IMG_6283.PNG IMG_6284.PNG IMG_6285.PNG IMG_6286.PNG

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@distracts, that is so strange, this is what comes up when I search:

I get real results too, and for that particular search the real results outweigh the results I'm not interested in. But I find the most effective way of finding "deals" is by searching for super vague terms like "antique diamond" and then excluding a bunch of terms that reliably bring up results I don't want. If it's got an actual name like "rose cut" it's usually a sign it's being sold by someone who actually knows stuff about jewelry, and that stuff usually isn't priced in the "screamingly good deal" range. Lol. And you can see that the fake things have normal descriptions so whenever searching for Art Deco pieces or oecs they are brought up. Several years ago when I was searching on eBay a lot I didn’t have these problems but now that I’m back to it they’re all over the place.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah I see @distracts, I do not have great luck finding deals on Ebay unfortunately, for me the pawn shops are where it's at but that requires a good bit of time and patience. However I did recently find a rose cut diamond at a pawn shop for $375 so they are out there!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you know I just had the brilliant idea to search for rose cut stick pins on Ebay thinking that would be a great way to get a great deal on a rosie that could be converted and don't you know they are making them over in India! Enraging!

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
6FB9E385-9CCD-40AA-AC42-EF720CDB5832.png
Umm everything about the cut of this center stone has me like
I was interested in this ring (and another that they are selling) too but the seller doesn't respond.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring @distracts

Just wanted to say that if anyone wants to buy the ring I shared above, feel free I won't be coming into that kind of money anytime soon!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was interested in this ring (and another that they are selling) too but the seller doesn't respond.

I'm so leery of buying from sellers that don't reply if I message them. I am worried they won't ship it!

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so leery of buying from sellers that don't reply if I message them. I am worried they won't ship it!
Not only that, there's no returns so if something is wrong with the ring it will be a hassle to go through eBay/paypal, the seller barely has any feedback (just as a buyer), and no measurements of diamonds/ring itself/ring size. The ring is nice but I don't trust the seller because they barely have any information and they aren't answering.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
On the less blingy front, somedays you’re just minding your business and all of a sudden find yourself deep down a Soviet watch rabbithole...
7E54F57A-4B7C-4C20-AA98-900B28C5D9E9.jpeg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the less blingy front, somedays you’re just minding your business and all of a sudden find yourself deep down a Soviet watch rabbithole...
7E54F57A-4B7C-4C20-AA98-900B28C5D9E9.jpeg

Funny how that happens, isn’t it :whistle:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results