shape
carat
color
clarity

help with HW brilliant love

qql_h

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies,

I am interested in getting hw diamond ring but not sure about style. I am torn between brilliant love and solatire without sidestone. Which style do you prefer and you think that could last long?
View media item 122789View media item 122788

Last edited:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A94CDD33-BE67-47E3-BC58-491ACF8CE637.jpeg 79882F03-EAB0-436E-868D-E00D0BC20FAB.jpeg 78E904D3-2D0B-4027-9AE2-5A62E3353F9B.jpeg
Is this the Brilliant Love? To my eyes it’s a beautiful and timeless design Just like the solitaire.

What carat weight are you looking for for the center stone?

What is your budget? The experts here can probably advice you on a ring with comparable specs and possibly better pricing if you opt for Steven Kirsch or Victor Canera.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would really help if you provided links or pictures @qql_h so everyone else doesnt have to figure out what you're talking about. Might get more
feedback that way.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this Harry Winston? Really HW or mall Harry Winston?

Yes, please give us more details so we know how to help you.

qql_h

Rough_Rock
Thanks , ladies. This is harry winston. I am attaching link as well.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well the solitaire is of course going to be more durable than the brilliant love due to the lack of so many little stones. But if you prefer the brilliant love it is better to get that and deal with maybe having to get the setting repaired or replaced sometime in the future.

This forum isn’t really geared toward designer engagement rings - understand that you are going to be shelling out significantly more for the brand without necessarily getting top light performance, which is what this forum IS geared toward.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a hard choice, but I think I personally would go with the brilliant love because who doesn’t like more diamonds??

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The simple ring is the more carefree and beyond fashion - it will ever be right, with or without the fading HW mark.

I somehow like the idea of knowing who (how & why) has cut the stone, but this is a little expensive hubris & OTT too.

Last edited:

Mixtress

Rough_Rock
Premium
I feel this all comes down to whether you prefer/want diamonds on the band of the ring, or not. I have seen the HW solitaire on an acquaintance of mine, and it's a stunning ring. You can't go wrong with either styles. Good luck, ring shopping is an exciting time!

qql_h

Rough_Rock
thank you for you inputs. i like the classic look of solitaire but not sure if i will get bored over time.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
thank you for you inputs. i like the classic look of solitaire but not sure if i will get bored over time.
Is there an option to add a band that will fit well against the e-ring? If so, and you are drawn to the solitaire, go with that and then you can get a diamond band.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Whether you will get bored over time has nothing to do with which setting you choose... people with the most extravagant rings get bored of them, if they are the kind of people inclined to get bored of their rings. You can always switch bands to get a different look no matter which ring you pick. If you get a HW ring though it will be harder to upgrade (I don't think they have an upgrade policy so you would have to sell the ring and then buy a new one) and you won't be able to just change settings (or, well, you could, but you would destroy much of the value of your ring), which gives you fewer options if you think you are the kind of person who might change their ring in the future.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Whether you will get bored over time has nothing to do with which setting you choose... people with the most extravagant rings get bored of them, if they are the kind of people inclined to get bored of their rings. You can always switch bands to get a different look no matter which ring you pick. If you get a HW ring though it will be harder to upgrade (I don't think they have an upgrade policy so you would have to sell the ring and then buy a new one) and you won't be able to just change settings (or, well, you could, but you would destroy much of the value of your ring), which gives you fewer options if you think you are the kind of person who might change their ring in the future.

I think that's true. I rotate all my rings. I would not want just one ring. It is not just about the setting. I just go through phases where I don't wear certain ones or anything. I have been in a no jewelry phase for a bit.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Great point... part of the whole thing about getting a ring from a vendor like Harry Winston, Cartier, etc., is that the value is in the fact that it is from one of those vendors. So those are usually rings that you just don't take the diamond out and reset in a new style mounting, etc. Not that you can't, of course, but if you think you may want to change your mounting down the road (which, it sort of seems like you are already unsure of your style even now), you may not want to pay such a premium for a ring from a fancy design house. The value in those rings are the fact that they are kept intact. To further that point, they should only be sized by them and serviced by them, and not from another random jeweler (no matter how skilled).

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I think that's true. I rotate all my rings. I would not want just one ring. It is not just about the setting. I just go through phases where I don't wear certain ones or anything. I have been in a no jewelry phase for a bit.
Well, I certainly have made my share of changes (much to my husband's chagrin!)... and I, too, and sort of in a no jewelry phase (again, much to my husband's chagrin lol!).

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yep, same. I have several rings I rotate through, plus a bunch of bands. My engagement ring is unquestionably the one I like MOST, but that doesn't mean I never feel like going months wearing other rings. I think whether or not you tire of your ring is a personality trait independent of the ring itself, and if you think you have that personality, you need to set things up so it's easy for you to change or have multiples. I notice the colored stone people often have multiples we change out, and the diamond people are more prone to upgrading or changing the setting - I suspect we're all really the same and it's just a function of price of the center stone.

But if you are a brand person - then of course you want the branded item. (Which I get. I may have a shoe problem.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results